Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics ID7 Native Spotify Activation

04-24-2024, 10:09 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

ID7 Native Spotify Activation

Hello Folks,
I have 2x 2019 330i . I bought both of them used. First one purchased in 2022 with the iLevel of 11/20. It also has 5AU which was very rare to find on a base 330i. But vehicle has built in Spotify and AA since it has been updated by Dealer. Later on got traffic light radar and all little fancy driving assist features.

The 2nd one is produced in 2019 little bit later than the first one. Does not have 5AU but 360 cam. The SW never updated. It was on 2/19 and did not have AA. I decided to update at home. I was able to update the ilevel 7/2022.59 but not being hooked up to dealer ista did not change anything. So had a trip to Dealer for FASTA match. I told them do not update the car. Just put on the diagnostic side of the ISTA. Well technician wanted to update without extra cost but stuck at FZD need to be replaced error so that did not happen (I believe it is because it has the custom code for closing in the rain).

Any how, i picked up the car and as soon as i turned on the car, it asked me to connect Android Auto and the Connected Drive service option switched from Carplay to SmartPhone integration quickly. I then try many things to bring Spotify native app to HU but couldnt.

I do not think i am missing anything. I resetted the HU and re added all my Driver Profile. Did App Update tremendous amount of time with no luck. I recently purchased Traffic Light + Cam Recording on the Connected Drive for this vehicle, they cme quickly to the App Menu after so i believe everything is working properly. Android Auto also working like a charm without any issue.

I believe Spotify app only comes to the menu if you have a 6U3 + 6C4. I already have active service and it shows BMW Connected music with Spotify. So i do not understand why i am not getting the app on the menu.

Does anyone has any idea?
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0