Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

09-05-2023, 02:21 AM   #1
Ccook92
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4

Garage List
2023 BMW i4  [0.00]
Hi all, this is my first post so go easy on me I picked up my i4 eDrive40 last week. I’ve also had an Eon EV charger installed at my house. The Eon charger has its own app called ‘Eon Home’, which allows you to start charging the car remotely when it is plugged it & also allows you to set a time slot for the car to charge. My question is, will this app conflict with the BMW app? I have charged the car twice, the fist time, it stopped charging after an hour despite my time slot on the Eon app being set to charge from 11.30pm-5.30am (cheap tariff), I then realised the BMW app time slot was set to only charge for an hour, so I changed it to coincide with the Eon app and I charged it last night, but it did not charge to my target percentage which was 80%, it only charged to 72%. I think this is because my departure time was set to 5am which is obviously before the end of my time slot at 5.30am.(?) I’ve also noticed that my BMW time slot has now charged itself back to an hour slot? Not really understanding how it works at the moment but I’m worried I’m going to wake up one morning to find it hasn’t charged as expected and I won’t have the juice to get where I need to go. Can anyone help explain it all please?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 03:00 PM   #2
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
For charging at home, I set my charger (Juicebox 40 in my case) to charge at the lowest-cost time slot. I let it manage the times to charge the vehicle. When I get home I plug the car into the charger.

I set my i4 with no departure time, always charge "immediately", and set the charging percentage target. I figure if I charge away from home I'll always want the vehicle to charge now and not wait.

If your home charger has the smarts to charge in a certain time window then let it handle that functionality. The power adapter that comes with the i4 doesn't have any "smart" functionality so they added that functionality to the vehicle. But you don't have to use it.

Last edited by ibimmer954; 09-05-2023 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 0