11-24-2019, 11:14 PM   #89
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
I thought the phone connects to the adapter via Bluetooth.
Mine is the wifi adapter. It connected fine and I could access bimmercode. But after 5 minutes, that direct BMW thing popped up and gave me hell. Refused to go away after.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:10 AM   #90
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i, G30 m550i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
So guys.

I have a weird issue. When trying to connect to my adapter via WiFi, my phone refuses to connect to it even in airplane mode. This is because something called direct-bmw 06276 connects via WiFi the moment I put it in airplane mode and turn wifi on. This prevents my adapter from connecting and accessing bimmercode. How do I fix it? I tried disconnecting it from direct BMW. No go. I also tried forgetting direct BMW but I cannot get my phone to forget it. It keeps connecting automatically. I cannot disconnect because the moment it disconnects, it reconnects again and that cycle keeps repeating.

Bluetooth is off. My car does NOT have wifi hotspot or wireless charging or anything of the sort. My phone is only connected to idrive via Bluetooth but I turned it all off and put it in airplane mode. Any ideas?
Your phone can still connect via WiFi direct to the car for Miracast, etc. Unpair the phone completely or forget that network
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #91
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
So guys.

I have a weird issue. When trying to connect to my adapter via WiFi, my phone refuses to connect to it even in airplane mode. This is because something called direct-bmw 06276 connects via WiFi the moment I put it in airplane mode and turn wifi on. This prevents my adapter from connecting and accessing bimmercode. How do I fix it? I tried disconnecting it from direct BMW. No go. I also tried forgetting direct BMW but I cannot get my phone to forget it. It keeps connecting automatically. I cannot disconnect because the moment it disconnects, it reconnects again and that cycle keeps repeating.

Bluetooth is off. My car does NOT have wifi hotspot or wireless charging or anything of the sort. My phone is only connected to idrive via Bluetooth but I turned it all off and put it in airplane mode. Any ideas?
Turn off the auto connect. It will stop the automatic reconnecting.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 07:27 AM   #92
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
So guys.

Android Auto may connect via WiFi as Apple CarPlay does - make sure you have that disabled
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #93
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazesquall View Post
Your phone can still connect via WiFi direct to the car for Miracast, etc. Unpair the phone completely or forget that network
Thank you! I'll try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Turn off the auto connect. It will stop the automatic reconnecting.
I turned autoconnect of but it still kept connecting. Let me try what blaze asked me to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCardamon View Post
Android Auto may connect via WiFi as Apple CarPlay does - make sure you have that disabled
I don't have AA on my phone. I uninstalled it when I had the Audi. Plus I don't think our bimmers have AA? Only car play iirc
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:19 AM   #94
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
I don't have AA on my phone. I uninstalled it when I had the Audi. Plus I don't think our bimmers have AA? Only car play iirc
Correct. BMW does not have AAP yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #95
homerjay
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 / G20 330i

I coded for an M instrument display and didn’t like that I lost my M display in the HUD and lost visibility to the Drive mode setting. So I coded back to the standard BMW option, but now it says “M40d” at the top of the cluster. Any ideas on how I could get it back to normal for my 330i...?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #96
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjay View Post
I coded for an M instrument display and didn’t like that I lost my M display in the HUD and lost visibility to the Drive mode setting. So I coded back to the standard BMW option, but now it says “M40d” at the top of the cluster. Any ideas on how I could get it back to normal for my 330i...?
Use the back up to get it back to "330i".
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #97
homerjay
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 / G20 330i

Quote:
Use the back up to get it back to "330i".
Yup, that worked. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #98
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
So guys.

Go to the WiFi networks on your phone click on the name that is connected and when you disconnect click on your phone to forget that device, then connect to your adapter and it should stay connected
      12-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #99
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
Go to the WiFi networks on your phone click on the name that is connected and when you disconnect click on your phone to forget that device, then connect to your adapter and it should stay connected
Forget device didn’t work for it. It refused to forget it and kept reconnecting. Only work around was to unpair it completely from the iDrive. And once I was done using it, re-pair it.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:33 AM   #100
krisa9977
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i

After the update bimmerlink and bimmercode lost most of their functions. Now this app is useless. I asked support to return it back the way it was before, they sad it is not possible(((.

With the bimmercode I'm not able to change engine sound anymore and bimmerlink lost most of the sensor values.
Corvette Z06
Radical SR3
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #101
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisa9977 View Post
After the update bimmerlink and bimmercode lost most of their functions. Now this app is useless. I asked support to return it back the way it was before, they sad it is not possible(((.

With the bimmercode I'm not able to change engine sound anymore and bimmerlink lost most of the sensor values.
You mean this update?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 01:42 AM   #102
krisa9977
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
You mean this update?
Yes, that was the update. I've got the massage from tech support about 3 weeks ago, they promised to return some of the functions back with the new update. They returned one of the function, but with incorrect max value settings. If you check, for example, engine oil level, it doesn't show anymore.
Corvette Z06
Radical SR3
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #103
Kurkeyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m340

BimmerCode for g20

BimmerCode For G20. will we have more stuff in the future or these are going to be the only options for ever?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #104
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

So I tried using Bimmercode today after a while because my auto start stop memory stopped working and I have a couple of new issues.
A bit of history first. I tried flashing my car with a BM3 tune a few weeks back and it was like opening Pandora's box. It messed up the ECU settings (and my car didn't get flashed either). I have an "i" on my instrument cluster which is a check control message saying car cannot be started in gear and also throws a similar message/notification on the idrive (this also happened when I tried flashing my car and now that message does not go away). Since it doesn't affect drivability or anything other than that annoying message every time I start my car, I thought I'd let it be and wait till the first service. Unfortunately for me, today I had a Eureka moment and thought I'd restore the old DME settings to try and get rid of the "i" since I thought it was related to me enabling ASS memory and restoring settings would get rid of it.
I connected Bimmercode and tried restoring settings. It said restoring failed. I tried a few times and same thing.
So I went into the Engine control unit option and saw that ASS memory was not active. I had also activated sound on engaging reverse gear (since I had it in my VWs long ago and I liked it). I set it to active and hit code. It coded it, restarted the ECU and bam. It erased everything in the cluster memory and said Service indicator not found (basically, the message on the instrument cluster that says Service in xxxx miles when you turn the car on). Also, I found 4 new notifications saying brake fluid change in _ _ _ _, oil change in _ _ _ _ and service in _ _ _ _. The blanks are supposed to be the remaining miles before service but it erased it. So now, not only did the "i" check control message not go, I also lost all service reminders.

My question is. How do I get it to show the miles before service, brake fluid etc on the cluster? Any idea? I don't want to take it in to the service centre in case they dig deep and find out I've been messing with the car big time. But if there's no other option, I'll have to wait till the first service I guess.

Also, is there any app that can read and clear error codes on a BMW? Can esys do that? VAG has obdeleven which is extremely useful and I could clear codes as well as do coding on my A4 and other Audis. So so so much better than Bimmercode.

I'm at my wit's end. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and not try and flash my car
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 07:16 PM   #105
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
So I tried using Bimmercode today after a while because my auto start stop memory stopped working and I have a couple of new issues.
A bit of history first. I tried flashing my car with a BM3 tune a few weeks back and it was like opening Pandora's box. It messed up the ECU settings (and my car didn't get flashed either). I have an "i" on my instrument cluster which is a check control message saying car cannot be started in gear and also throws a similar message/notification on the idrive (this also happened when I tried flashing my car and now that message does not go away). Since it doesn't affect drivability or anything other than that annoying message every time I start my car, I thought I'd let it be and wait till the first service. Unfortunately for me, today I had a Eureka moment and thought I'd restore the old DME settings to try and get rid of the "i" since I thought it was related to me enabling ASS memory and restoring settings would get rid of it.
I connected Bimmercode and tried restoring settings. It said restoring failed. I tried a few times and same thing.
So I went into the Engine control unit option and saw that ASS memory was not active. I had also activated sound on engaging reverse gear (since I had it in my VWs long ago and I liked it). I set it to active and hit code. It coded it, restarted the ECU and bam. It erased everything in the cluster memory and said Service indicator not found (basically, the message on the instrument cluster that says Service in xxxx miles when you turn the car on). Also, I found 4 new notifications saying brake fluid change in _ _ _ _, oil change in _ _ _ _ and service in _ _ _ _. The blanks are supposed to be the remaining miles before service but it erased it. So now, not only did the "i" check control message not go, I also lost all service reminders.

My question is. How do I get it to show the miles before service, brake fluid etc on the cluster? Any idea? I don't want to take it in to the service centre in case they dig deep and find out I've been messing with the car big time. But if there's no other option, I'll have to wait till the first service I guess.

Also, is there any app that can read and clear error codes on a BMW? Can esys do that? VAG has obdeleven which is extremely useful and I could clear codes as well as do coding on my A4 and other Audis. So so so much better than Bimmercode.

I'm at my wit's end. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and not try and flash my car
It's time to go to the Dealer. Easy fix for them.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      01-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #106
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Any new updates in Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #107
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

Quote:
Quote:

It's time to go to the Dealer. Easy fix for them.
Yeah the service interval will populate once they perform service and update.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      01-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #108
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
Any new updates in Bimmercode?
Anyone code the alpina cluster? The speedo ratio is an incorrect scale. Only digital is right
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 10:20 PM   #109
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Thank you Jbrock22 and @[Crazy Penguin]. I let the car sit for a bit and it came back by itself. I forgot to update it here since I forgot I mentioned it here in the first place.

And bimmercode seems to have got a new update yesterday. Updated the app via google play but when I open it, it asks me to update it again in order to continue using it. When I try updating it via the app, it gets stuck at 0% and then says failed. Looks like it’s $38 down the drain?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #110
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Penguin View Post
Anyone code the alpina cluster? The speedo ratio is an incorrect scale. Only digital is right
Yup. Other people have complained about the same issue. I don’t like the alpina or m cluster. I prefer the stock cluster so I left it as is.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0