Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Sunshade or tint?

08-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
Jmatt07
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Sunshade or tint?

I am waiting for my new 330i to get finished and am wondering if you guys use a sunshade in your car? Or do you get the ceramic tint that blocks the UV and heat?

Im sure the sunshade would be cheaper, but those are always annoying and usually don't cover the entire windshield. If you do use a sunshade, have you found a good one that works well with the 3 series?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
R.Wiggum
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i

I went with ceramic tint. Looks great and does its job. A sunshade wouldn't do me much good, plus I'm not a fan of feeling like I'm in a fishbowl for all to see while on the road.

Ultimately may come down to part personal preference and part geographical location that helps you decide.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
nola2atx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmatt07 View Post
I am waiting for my new 330i to get finished and am wondering if you guys use a sunshade in your car? Or do you get the ceramic tint that blocks the UV and heat?

Im sure the sunshade would be cheaper, but those are always annoying and usually don't cover the entire windshield. If you do use a sunshade, have you found a good one that works well with the 3 series?
I've got ceramic tint to n Texas heat and it helps quite a bit as long as the sun isn't shining directly through the windshield as that part is not tinted

My Exes:
E36, E46, F30
Appreciate 0