Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK The journey, and another…… M340D!

10-27-2022, 06:33 AM   #23
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmots View Post
You need to have it on ‘adaptive content’ in My BMW, and then either of the Sport modes.
Thanks, took a while to find, in the end I just used the “Hi BMW” to find the menu option

Curious, do you know a way to get the speedo back into the centre dash once you have come away from it?
For example: start car and drive the Speedo is central. IF you then push the ‘BC’ button it shows mpg etc… but then it won’t go back to the speedo automatically or via the BC button. You have to use the display toggle on the wheel and navigate to the centre display you want showing. Same happens when I’m on adaptive cruise, if I come away I then have to set again. Just wondered as I can’t see anything obvious.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 06:48 AM   #24
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Finally, pics here - wanted to wash first!
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
      10-27-2022, 09:21 AM   #25
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funboy78 View Post
Finally, pics here - wanted to wash first!
Very nice, LCI has grown on me.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2023, 04:17 AM   #26
DieselDave
Davediesel
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

That looks great and love the standard wheels over the solid black, same as mine. Always the way when the latest model comes out and now I hanker after the panoramic display and i8.......
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2023, 02:56 PM   #27
Charlisdad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340D, 320d M Sport

Quote:
My most recent journey to get to this.
For a little context, I change my cars A LOT! Also, when I say a lot I really do mean a lot.

I moved from a 2019 Audi RS5 across to 2019 BMW, the 330i M Sport. Unfortunately I had an issue meaning I kept the car a couple of months and got rid of it, this soured my taste with BMW. Although owning a car for 2 months is not uncommon for me, I changed because I felt I had too, not that I wanted too.
From here it was then the 20’ RSQ3, 70’ A3 Saloon, 21’ RS5, 21’ M340D, and now back in the 19’ RS5!

Unfortunately, it’s an expensive bad habit I’m trying to break. I decide to get a diesel which for me I prefer (each to their own and I valid all opinions) as I travel around the UK. I then miss the sound and roar of a petrol performance and go back to the RS models. Then after a short period of time I soon realise (for the 10th time ) that it costs a fortune to run and I want/need a diesel again.

Anyway, without boring you all - I’m saying out of all my cars I think I can ‘hand on heart’ say that the 21’ M340D is one of the best cars I’ve owned!

I justify this by:
Diesel 60mpg on my journeys
X Drive
Best comfort out of all my cars
Best feel of the car, light and accurate steering
Loved the look
A lot of tech

These are just some of the reasons, yet I was silly enough to change back to the RS5 because after watching YouTube, I missed my original sounding car so bought back the RS5.

Well, having got rid of my 2021 M340D I have just purchased the new M340D! I know some will argue WHY, it’s a diesel etc…. But for me it’s perfect!

I’ve gone for a grey which I have never had before (always buy white), it comes with comfort plus and tech plus so pretty loaded. I personal want the new IDrive 8 (even tho some hate) but I also wanted to spec my own but didn’t want to wait a year; either way it’s now gone from the configurator. So I found this at a dealer and have done the deal.
I’m missing the carbon pack and laser lights but hey, we can’t have it all unless happy to wait and I’m impatient. Regardless, I’m also extremely happy! I’m hoping to collect next week

Moral of my story……… we all crave these high performance cars, yet sometimes the ones that don’t shout turn out to be the best in todays market. Hats off to BMW, I have never missed a car like I did the 340 and so glad to be getting another.
Here's a picture of your old car now Matey.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-28-2023, 01:32 PM   #28
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlisdad View Post
Here's a picture of your old car now Matey.
That’s so nice to see!
I do miss it, that’s a car I should never have got rid of! Especially in terms of value vs what my new one cost

I sold it for £43k, not sure what they charged you
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 10:53 AM   #29
Charlisdad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340D, 320d M Sport

Quote:
That’s so nice to see!
I do miss it, that’s a car I should never have got rid of! Especially in terms of value vs what my new one cost

I sold it for £43k, not sure what they charged you
Same price !
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #30
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmots View Post
Don’t worry about no lasers, the new LED’s are matrix tech and way better than the old lasers 99% of the time.

The way they react to traffic (the dancing lights/selective beam) is night and day better.
The Visibility Pack including Laserlights is still available as an option on the top range 3-series (i.e. the M3) as well as more expensive models such as the 5 and 8-series; would even BMW really have the nerve to charge extra for them as an upgrade if the standard fit LED's are better?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #31
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlisdad View Post
Same price !
I think that’s very good, especially from a dealership or car sales place.

I bought it for £48k from BMW Wilmslow, it was approx 4 months old and was one of the sales guys car. It had approx 5k miles on it.
I then sold it not having done too many miles for the RS5. I would’ve happily bought it back though!
Looks lovely still so enjoy mate
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2023, 12:16 PM   #32
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
The Visibility Pack including Laserlights is still available as an option on the top range 3-series (i.e. the M3) as well as more expensive models such as the 5 and 8-series; would even BMW really have the nerve to charge extra for them as an upgrade if the standard fit LED's are better?
I had laserlights which were awesome, but they only come on at a certain speed and if completely clear ahead!
At least with these LED Matrix lights they adapt around other traffic, fun to drive/watch them dance around cars and create a tunnel around a car in front on dark backroads….. really clever!

Personally now, I wouldn’t opt for Laserlights, no point imo.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 12:26 PM   #33
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
Quote:
I had laserlights which were awesome, but they only come on at a certain speed and if completely clear ahead!
At least with these LED Matrix lights they adapt around other traffic, fun to drive/watch them dance around cars and create a tunnel around a car in front on dark backroads….. really clever!

Depends on your routes honestly, LLs are amazing down a lot of the long stretches of country road round here. Then when there's traffic you still get the beam separation creating that channel of darkness around the vehicles
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 12:59 PM   #34
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman77 View Post
Depends on your routes honestly, LLs are amazing down a lot of the long stretches of country road round here. Then when there's traffic you still get the beam separation creating that channel of darkness around the vehicles
I’m not against them, as said they were great. Personally as the LED Matrix are standard (obviously certain models) then I feel it’s more than enough. I wouldn’t pay for them I suppose is what I’m saying.

Do agree, on my country drives when I had them, the light is pure and lights up everything for a mile!
As far as safety goes they should be standard imo! But that’s just asking for too much!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 02:46 PM   #35
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:

Sorry, are you saying your laserlights didn't have the selective beam function to look around the car in front, keep the verge lit on main beam when there's traffic coming the other way, etc? The ones on mine definitely have that...

But I do agree the laserlights more come into their own on rural roads - if they were still available as an option I don't think I'd recommend spending the money for someone doing mainly urban mileage.
Appreciate 1
bmnut824.50
      01-31-2023, 01:50 PM   #36
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Sorry, are you saying your laserlights didn't have the selective beam function to look around the car in front, keep the verge lit on main beam when there's traffic coming the other way, etc? The ones on mine definitely have that...

But I do agree the laserlights more come into their own on rural roads - if they were still available as an option I don't think I'd recommend spending the money for someone doing mainly urban mileage.
No sorry, they dipped in a different way but not like the matrix.
To be honest, I’d be happy to have either on any car, I just wouldn’t pay the 1500 or whatever it is/was to spec laser.
Appreciate 0