Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions G20 Grill Replacement Guide

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
PigWig
Private
27
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Arkansas

iTrader: (0)

G20 Grill Replacement Guide

I haven't seen any guides posted yet for grill replacement on the G20. I got my 2019 330i X-Drive about a month an a half ago. It was the first sold from my dealer, and parts are still hard to come by. I did manage to come across a shadow line grill from EuroActive. I couldn't find any installation help, but I figured it out. Thought I would share. Some of these pics were taken after I got the new grill on, just to show placement of pins.

This is quick and easy. All you need is a flat head screwdriver, an allen wrench/hex key, and about 15 minutes.


Step 1: Find and remove 6 plastic push-pins with a flathead screw driver. They are located here:





Step 2: Remove the weather stripping and pull back plastic piece. There will be a bolt to remove with an Allen wrench/hex key marked here:



Step 3: Pop the tabs holding the grill in place. Look at the back of your new grill to see the locations. The visible ones are marked here:





Step 4: After removing the old grill, pop the new grill into place and check the same tabs to make sure it is properly installed. Replace the hex bolt:



Step 5: Position the plastic cover back into place, and replace the 6 push-pins and the weather stripping:


You're all set. Here is the finished product on my vehicle:

Last edited by PigWig; 04-30-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 10
      04-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
IND-Distribution's Avatar
United_States
3466
Rep
6,348
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Great write up! Thank you.
__________________


866-963-4520 FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM FLICKR
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
pneumodoc
New Member
13
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

was yours with the parking assistant? There are two parts listed on real OEM and IND--just wondering if you needed to do anything differently if you have the parking assistant.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 07:32 AM   #4
Isow
Captain
United Kingdom
195
Rep
760
Posts

Drives: G20 330i MSport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

How do you actually remove the push pins ?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #5
Pauleebe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
215
Rep
1,980
Posts

Drives: MY20 G20 M340
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

This is great.

Did you have parking and driving assistance package ordered on your vehicle? From what I understand, these packages prevent one from installing these black grills.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #6
daltheman
Registered
Brazil
2
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 330i G20
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Brazil

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigWig View Post
I haven't seen any guides posted yet for grill replacement on the G20. I got my 2019 330i X-Drive about a month an a half ago. It was the first sold from my dealer, and parts are still hard to come by. I did manage to come across a shadow line grill from EuroActive. I couldn't find any installation help, but I figured it out. Thought I would share. Some of these pics were taken after I got the new grill on, just to show placement of pins.

This is quick and easy. All you need is a flat head screwdriver, an allen wrench/hex key, and about 15 minutes.


Step 1: Find and remove 6 plastic push-pins with a flathead screw driver. They are located here:





Step 2: Remove the weather stripping and pull back plastic piece. There will be a bolt to remove with an Allen wrench/hex key marked here:



Step 3: Pop the tabs holding the grill in place. Look at the back of your new grill to see the locations. The visible ones are marked here:





Step 4: After removing the old grill, pop the new grill into place and check the same tabs to make sure it is properly installed. Replace the hex bolt:



Step 5: Position the plastic cover back into place, and replace the 6 push-pins and the weather stripping:


You're all set. Here is the finished product on my vehicle:
Hi, thanks for sharing!
Where did you buy the black grille? Amazon?
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #7
CyclingBroStyle
Reckless
CyclingBroStyle's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: '19 330i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Washington, D.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
This is great.

Did you have parking and driving assistance package ordered on your vehicle? From what I understand, these packages prevent one from installing these black grills.
good question let me know when you get an answer to this ... im waiting to pull the trigger on shadow line but wanna know how hard it is to install with park assist may be a non issue.
__________________
Current: MY2019 330i xDrive M-Sport w/Lasers - Portimao Blue
Retired: MY2013 328i xDrive Sport Line - Saphire Black // MY2016 428i xDrive M-Sport - Mineral Grey
BMW CCA NCC #522637 use me as a referral
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
Donia330i
Major
Donia330i's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
1,232
Posts

Drives: 19 330i BSM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (7)

Has anyone installed this for cars with the parking and driving assistance package? Looks like the front camera is the only issue....
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #9
klokan
Enlisted Member
78
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post
Has anyone installed this for cars with the parking and driving assistance package? Looks like the front camera is the only issue....
I have it and it wasn't issue at all, it's just different part number (different grill, there are two variants). Local BMW service quoted me something about $25 for replacement and it was done very quickly, it wasn't enough time to finish my coffee...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
senderhomes
New Member
senderhomes's Avatar
2
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340I
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post
Has anyone installed this for cars with the parking and driving assistance package? Looks like the front camera is the only issue....
Yes I have. You just have to unclip the connection from the car to the grill.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #11
Cosmo_Kramer
Private
28
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: Lexus
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

So how much is this black out grill surrounding in U.S for M340i?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #12
pneumodoc
New Member
13
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donia330i View Post
Has anyone installed this for cars with the parking and driving assistance package? Looks like the front camera is the only issue....
FYI, I just did it. Takes about 20 minutes. I have the parking assistant camera, and the only change from above is there is a clip where the camera attaches to. Its 30 seconds extra. Ill take better pictures when I have time to wash the car. I think it really improves the look, especially with a black car.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST