Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires 19" Tire Sizes (Pros/Cons)

12-19-2020, 07:49 AM   #23
SpiveyCJ
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayM340 View Post
Something I learned on this tire research journey: https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/make-...-winter-use-v1

Check that article out CJ. Apparently you cut through deeper snow better with square vs staggered setup. All depends on where you're driving.

Interesting, thanks. They plow pretty well around here so I only need all seasons for light slow and low temps so staggered should be fine
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #24
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Nike View Post
Hey everyone,

Just got the M340i last week, absolutely love it. I'm running 225/40r19 Pirelli Run-flat all around and it's a joke traction wise. Planning on getting 19" wheels with 8.5" in the front and 9.5" in the back. Contemplating between tire sizes though. Going to go for Michelin PS4S.

Front: 225/40r19
Back: 255/35r19

VS

Front: 235/40r19
Back: 265/35r19

I understand 235/265 are going to look beefier than 225/255. I saw multiple cars with 225/255 and couple with 235/265 setup.

As far as handling and/or comfort goes, any feedback from someone who already did these setups? Wondering if it's noticeable.

I also assume Michelin PS4S going to be less bumpy than my current Allseason Runflats.
I went with that exact setup:

235/40/19 and 265/35/19
I like the look of the meatier tires as it leaves less wheel gap than going with lower sidewall, but imagine i should be able to drop the car an inch later if I want without issue (I’m rwd).

Went with ps4s tires, and definitely feel the improved handling with respect to cornering - Done a few canyon runs and I can def push the car more on turns without sensing a loss of grip, notice minimal difference on launch.

In regard to comfort, I think it does provide a slightly “softer” or less bumpier ride than run flats where I don’t feel every small rock or bump on the road but can’t quantify the difference so could be all in my head

Included some photos which I brightened up just for ease of viewing. The only thing I would have done different is not go for blackish wheels on a white car, really loses the details.

Best of luck!
Attached Images

Last edited by NoTanks52; 12-19-2020 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #25
Mad Nike
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
I went with that exact setup:

235/40/19 and 265/35/19
I like the look of the meatier tires as it leaves less wheel gap than going with lower sidewall, but imagine i should be able to drop the car an inch later if I want without issue (I’m rwd).

Went with ps4s tires, and definitely feel the improved handling with respect to cornering - Done a few canyon runs and I can def push the car more on turns without sensing a loss of grip, notice minimal difference on launch.

In regard to comfort, I think it does provide a slightly “softer” or less bumpier ride than run flats where I don’t feel every small rock or bump on the road but can’t quantify the difference so could be all in my head

Included some photos which I brightened up just for ease of viewing. The only thing I would have done different is not go for blackish wheels on a white car, really loses the details.

Best of luck!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

How do you like Vorsteiner Wheels? Considering those at the moment with the exact same tire setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:15 AM   #26
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Nike View Post
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

How do you like Vorsteiner Wheels? Considering those at the moment with the exact same tire setup.
Great wheels, Fittment was perfect with 8.5 in front and 9.5 in back, so was able to avoid using spacers, no complaints there

Design wise, if I could go back I would prolly do the vff 111
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #27
Mad Nike
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
Great wheels, Fittment was perfect with 8.5 in front and 9.5 in back, so was able to avoid using spacers, no complaints there

Design wise, if I could go back I would prolly do the vff 111
V-FF 111s look great but I think look better if 20", I was thinking V-FF 105s
Appreciate 0