Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum How late in the process can I order something to be installed at port? (M exhaust)

12-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
Rossodio
Lifelong BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i

How late in the process can I order something to be installed at port? (M exhaust)

I have an M340i that is in 152 production status in Munich - at the paint shop getting the Dravit Grey on. How late in the process can I order M performance exhaust?

I am debating whether to have it installed at all, to be honest; I want to be able to pull out of my neighborhood and not sound like a jackass but also want burps and burbles on this *leased* car without having to do an aftermarket install/uninstall before returning the lease. Anyone who has that exhaust, can it be made to sound reasonable in comfort mode, or is it always balls to the wall loud? I definitely want the sound on the open road.
2018 340i - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige Dakota Leather - 2018-March 2021
2021 M340i - Dravit Grey Metallic/Cognac Vernasca Leather - March 2021-Present
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Get it added! Must have.

You can add to the VIR until the car lands at port of entry. DO IT!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Definitely get it, MPE is aggressive but much more civilized compared to the MPPSK for the F3X gen B58s. I love it and find it to be a perfect match for the this car.

I was lucky enough that my dealer had a demo with it (either tryin to upsell m performance add ons or an order a customer bailed on) so I could confirm before I ordered. However I was probably going to order it anyway based on them feedback from the forum.

As noted above you add port installed almost right up until the boat arrives. The hardest part of adding once the order is in flight is getting a fair price. depending on your deal and CA they may push back on rolling it into whatever % off msrp or other desk you struck.... don't let them do that, plenty of margin for them to nefotiate in port installed options
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #4
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Careful w/ the general statement that it can be added anytime up until the car reaches the port. Especially as it seems that the OP is in SC. If it is already on a boat from Germany and to be offloaded in Brunswick, there may be an issue as they're not able to install M-Performance parts at that port. I just ran into this a few weeks ago. I'm picking up my M340i at the Performance Center and it was being offloaded in Brunswick. I couldn't get the exhaust and some other parts added even though the boat was stopping in Baltimore first. Fortunately, my dealer was running a promo for 20% off and free installation so it'll be installed once I drive the car back.

As for the original question of if to get the M-Performance exhaust, certainly do it. I ordered my F30 340i w/ the MPPSK and the sound made you grin each and every time. That's another pro to leasing. If you really don't like it, it's only temporary and in 3yrs, you're giving the car back. You're not tied to it nor worrying about how much you may lose on it later.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Do it. Makes a world of difference to the vehicle
Appreciate 0