BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Help! Spacer Question

01-01-2021, 04:50 AM   #1
hayko_M340
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

Help! Spacer Question

Hello, is anyone running any spacers on a M340i? My wheel set up is 19x8.5 35 front and 19x9.5 40 rear. Running 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear. I'm lost on what millimeter spacers to get. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Getting Dinan lowering springs soon as well. Gonna be a very aggressive setup.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayko_M340 View Post
Hello, is anyone running any spacers on a M340i? My wheel set up is 19x8.5 35 front and 19x9.5 40 rear. Running 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear. I'm lost on what millimeter spacers to get. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Getting Dinan lowering springs soon as well. Gonna be a very aggressive setup.
There are quite a few options, I personally have BMS spacers with their recommended 10mm front and 13mm rear for the stock wheel setup. Some other forum members have gone with up to 15mm all round, however, this is largely dependent on your current wheel setup and amount of spacing required. BMS spacers are good quality hub centric spacers that are sold with the appropriate longer bolts.

More info on the BMS option can be found on their website;

https://burgertuning.com/products/g-...kit-w-10-bolts

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 12:38 PM   #3
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayko_M340 View Post
  • You are running aftermarket wheels so we have to take that into account
  • As a starting point and/or point of reference many people running the stock oem staggered setup feel that a 15mm spacer on the front and a 13mm on the rear creates a pretty darn flush fitment
  • Comparing your setup with the aforementioned specs I shared - your current front wheel is retracted 17mm by comparison. And your rear wheel is at the same position as an oem staggered rear with a 13mm spacer
  • A 15mm spacer on the front will bring your front wheels very close to flush and rear it seems to me is probably fine unless you want some poke at which point you could go with a 5mm
  • If it were Me, based on what you have shared, I would start with a 15mm on the front and go from there
  • Macht Scnhell and BMS both make nice spacers with matching bolts
  • Personally I would go with Macht Schnell because they offer more sizes than BMS
  • I would not mix and match brands of spacers (as an example should you decide to throw a 5 or 10 on the back) because the wheel bolts between brands are different - and if you are a stickler for detail like me - that just wont fly

Hope this helps - let us know what you decide - Happy New Year
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
hayko_M340
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
  • You are running aftermarket wheels so we have to take that into account
  • As a starting point and/or point of reference many people running the stock oem staggered setup feel that a 15mm spacer on the front and a 13mm on the rear creates a pretty darn flush fitment
  • Comparing your setup with the aforementioned specs I shared - your current front wheel is retracted 17mm by comparison. And your rear wheel is at the same position as an oem staggered rear with a 13mm spacer
  • A 15mm spacer on the front will bring your front wheels very close to flush and rear it seems to me is probably fine unless you want some poke at which point you could go with a 5mm
  • If it were Me, based on what you have shared, I would start with a 15mm on the front and go from there
  • Macht Scnhell and BMS both make nice spacers with matching bolts
  • Personally I would go with Macht Schnell because they offer more sizes than BMS
  • I would not mix and match brands of spacers (as an example should you decide to throw a 5 or 10 on the back) because the wheel bolts between brands are different - and if you are a stickler for detail like me - that just wont fly

Hope this helps - let us know what you decide - Happy New Year

Thanks! I'm actually really happy with my rear fitment it's just the front that is bothering me. I probably will just rock 15mm spacers on the front, get some lowering springs and call it a day.
Appreciate 0