Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Rear trunk spoiler

01-18-2021, 03:50 PM   #23
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graaf_Autowerks View Post
Some quick pics. The installer mentioned the fitment wasn't the greatest compared to OEM, he said the diffuser may be prone to popping out of the tabs along the TOP from the trim and would need to be pushed back into position when that happens. He didn't think normal driving conditions would cause this, just said if someone bumped into it or put any force on it from an angle it could pop loose. Overall like how it looks though, just wish I didn't have any fears about popping out. Maybe some 3M tape to fix the issue if or when it happens.
Love the look, exactly what I'm looking for. It's a shame about the fitment issues, does it look like the problem is fundamental to the design or just a one off manufacturing defect? I think I'll wait a week or three and see how yours holds up to regular driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #24
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram123 View Post
Hi Guys,

What are the list of eligible cosmetic modifications or add-ons for 2019-2021 BMW 330i (G20) - not to void factory/dealership Warranty(USA).

I'm planning to add the below parts to my G20. Please help me if these will or will not VOID the factory/dealership warranty.

1. Spoiler
2. body kit skirtings
3. Vinyl Wrapping
4. Front Grill Replacement

Thanks in advance!!!
My understanding is that BMW can only deny you warranty coverage if the can prove your modification was responsible for the damage. For example, if you change your front grill and you have a problem with your exhaust, it is unlikely that BMW could deny your claims unless they can prove a direct link between your new grill and damage to the exhaust.

Having said that, if you are concerned, then going with OEM BMW parts (at least for the spoiler, side skirts and front grill) is even less likely to be problematic. I could see BMW trying to deny body defect issues, rust etc. if you gat a wrap.

I'm not an attorney though so don't take my word for it
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 05:45 PM   #25
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKevin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graaf_Autowerks View Post
Some quick pics. The installer mentioned the fitment wasn't the greatest compared to OEM, he said the diffuser may be prone to popping out of the tabs along the TOP from the trim and would need to be pushed back into position when that happens. He didn't think normal driving conditions would cause this, just said if someone bumped into it or put any force on it from an angle it could pop loose. Overall like how it looks though, just wish I didn't have any fears about popping out. Maybe some 3M tape to fix the issue if or when it happens.
Love the look, exactly what I'm looking for. It's a shame about the fitment issues, does it look like the problem is fundamental to the design or just a one off manufacturing defect? I think I'll wait a week or three and see how yours holds up to regular driving.
From the way he described it, it sounded like the tabs have a design flaw and don't clip in like the OEM as well, mostly like they slide in place but with downward pressure could pop out.

It will never fall off because it's bolted on the bottom with 4 bolts. But if a corner pops out I will be annoyed.

I purposely drove over bumpy roads and hit a few small road imperfections to try and shake it loose this evening, it's held well, I will let you know if that changes.

Aesthetically I love it.
Appreciate 0