Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

01-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #23
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_frankfurter View Post
ditto on the GT thing. My GT has the same looking panels, as does the 4 series GC. A quick, fun, lift-back BMW EV just might be enough to draw the enthusiasts over to the electric market. Here's hoping hatchbacks and wagons will make a comeback as EV's and make the SUV trend go away
I have been a BMW enthusiast and I am an enthusiast and an electric enthusiast (I have had a 330e and currently drive a 530e) but the new BMWs will not, for me, have a positive impact because I think they are butt ugly.

The Ford MACH-E would be my choice way before one of these.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #24
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I have been a BMW enthusiast and I am an enthusiast and an electric enthusiast (I have had a 330e and currently drive a 530e) but the new BMWs will not, for me, have a positive impact because I think they are butt ugly.

The Ford MACH-E would be my choice way before one of these.
The visual problem for me with what the i4 will likely show is the front end. The rest of the new generation looks fine to my eyes. If all the other relevant attributes for a total vehicle of the i4 put it in first place for my needs, I guess I can overlook the grille. I'm keeping an eye on the Mach E but am concerned about Ford's recent quality issues with several vehicles. Let's hope they get the Mach E right so we can have a viable alternative!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 11:30 AM   #25
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The visual problem for me with what the i4 will likely show is the front end. The rest of the new generation looks fine to my eyes. If all the other relevant attributes for a total vehicle of the i4 put it in first place for my needs, I guess I can overlook the grille. I'm keeping an eye on the Mach E but am concerned about Ford's recent quality issues with several vehicles. Let's hope they get the Mach E right so we can have a viable alternative!
The front end is my problem. Ford is holding back deliveries of the MACH-E to help reliability. I would prefer a BMW but not with that front end.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #26
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
The front end is my problem. Ford is holding back deliveries of the MACH-E to help reliability. I would prefer a BMW but not with that front end.
Help may be on the way!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37132/...y-in-the-works
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #27
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

The front end will grow on you. Especially if you go with the M sport package and shadow line option.

So many other cars have much larger grilles with little said about them.

Certainly this is a departure for BMW, but it's not as bad as you think if seen in person.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 05:54 PM   #28
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
The front end will grow on you. Especially if you go with the M sport package and shadow line option.

So many other cars have much larger grilles with little said about them.

Certainly this is a departure for BMW, but it's not as bad as you think if seen in person.
Today I saw them in person. I was at the dealership. There were 2 series, 3 series, 5 series, 7 series and 8 series on the showroom floor. No 4 series. But there is a somewhat hidden upstairs showroom at my dealership. I went up there while I was waiting for my coolant to be topped off and lo and behold, there were 2 4 series up there. They have been hiding them from sight.

Now that I have seem them in person, I can see why. They have not grown on me and to me they are still hideous.
Appreciate 0