Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Pilot sport all season 4?

11-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #23
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrared93 View Post
When I replace the RFTs that come on mine (probably with A/S 3+ or A/S 4s), I will buy a mobility kit for it and tools to plug a nail or screw puncture. I don't want to give up the space the spare tire takes up. The mobility kit is supplied with the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package, so it should be good enough for me.
That was my first thought as well. Did some reading up yesterday and a lot of people aren't happy with the kit saying it leaks and compressor can be faulty and not work. Have you plugged a picture before? How hard is it? I haven't. I've only got punctures on my Audis but they had spare tyres so I was good to go.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 10:03 PM   #24
ultrared93
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340ix '93 300zxTT QX30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
That was my first thought as well. Did some reading up yesterday and a lot of people aren't happy with the kit saying it leaks and compressor can be faulty and not work. Have you plugged a picture before? How hard is it? I haven't. I've only got punctures on my Audis but they had spare tyres so I was good to go.
The current mobility kit is supposed to be improved from the original. Check out https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...ompressor-kit/
As far as plugging a tire is concerned, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvKbNGZlIM and decide if its something you feel confident doing.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      12-15-2020, 05:21 PM   #25
ultrared93
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

AS 4 Available Sizes

I sent an email to Michelin from their website inquiring about planned availability of sizes appropriate for the M340i. Specifically I asked about plans for 225/40x19 and 245/40x19. This is the response I received:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding the Pilot Sport All Season 4 product line. With the fitment line up being new, we are certainly looking to expand the market covering with this product in the future, but we do not have a forecasted date for the fitments you have indicated. I have forwarded your request to the developmental team to inform them of the need in your particular market. Hopefully, with the help of consumers like you, we will be able to see this gap filled in the near future.

So, no firm dates for sizes of interest, but they are not flat out saying they have no plans. I am still hopeful that most, if not all, of the sizes that the A/S3+ come in will (sooner, not later) be available in the AS4. If you have interest in this tire in whatever size for your M340i, I suggest that you also use Michelin's Contact Us option on their website to let them know. Who knows, maybe the squeaky wheel will get some attention.
Appreciate 1
xlover2191.00
      12-15-2020, 07:46 PM   #26
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
I sent an email to Michelin from their website inquiring about planned availability of sizes appropriate for the M340i. Specifically I asked about plans for 225/40x19 and 245/40x19. This is the response I received:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding the Pilot Sport All Season 4 product line. With the fitment line up being new, we are certainly looking to expand the market covering with this product in the future, but we do not have a forecasted date for the fitments you have indicated. I have forwarded your request to the developmental team to inform them of the need in your particular market. Hopefully, with the help of consumers like you, we will be able to see this gap filled in the near future.

So, no firm dates for sizes of interest, but they are not flat out saying they have no plans. I am still hopeful that most, if not all, of the sizes that the A/S3+ come in will (sooner, not later) be available in the AS4. If you have interest in this tire in whatever size for your M340i, I suggest that you also use Michelin's Contact Us option on their website to let them know. Who knows, maybe the squeaky wheel will get some attention.
I bet they come July with the second set of sizes launching....

My car came in Friday and I slapped a set of the "older" A/S 3+ on it today, had to order the fronts from amazon and the rears from the tire dealer. Annoying....
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 10:20 PM   #27
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

I couldn’t wait. It’s turned too cold here for summer tires, so I went with the Continentals DWS06 instead.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 08:49 PM   #28
MBM340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 RWD

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I am more likely to put on a set of the "older" A/S 3+, but if they don't make factory bmw 19s by the time by car comes in I'm gonna shop around for sure
I just put them on today. My car has 138 miles on it...
Attached Images

07-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #29
ultrared93
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

"Thank you for your recent contact regarding the Pilot Sport All Season 4 product line. With the fitment line up being new, we are certainly looking to expand the market covering with this product in the future, but we do not have a forecasted date for the fitments you have indicated. I have forwarded your request to the developmental team to inform them of the need in your particular market. Hopefully, with the help of consumers like you, we will be able to see this gap filled in the near future."

New sizes posted on the Michelin (USA) website for All Season 4 tires. You need to scroll past all the reviews to select rim diameter to see availability. Both 225/40ZR19/XL 93Y BSW and 235/40ZR19/XL 96Y BSW are new and would seem to be naturals for square setups.
See https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tir...t-all-season-4
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 06:45 AM   #30
GrubTheHedgehog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

New sizes now available on Tirerack for the A/S 4 including 225/40/19.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #31
Flippco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 XM40i, Honda Passport

I’m considering ordering the staggered set up but am not sure I want to have a dedicated winter set. I have the A/S 3+ on my TL and it seems decent in MN winters. So I may switch to the A/S 4s soon after delivery. What have others done?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #32
jg4c
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippco View Post
I’m considering ordering the staggered set up but am not sure I want to have a dedicated winter set. I have the A/S 3+ on my TL and it seems decent in MN winters. So I may switch to the A/S 4s soon after delivery. What have others done?
My plan is to pull off the HP non run flats that come on the car, sell them, and replace with the AS4's on the staggered wheels.

Not interested in 2 sets of wheels and tires, and have been running Michelins UHP AS tires as far back as the 2's.

Have the AS3+ on my current S4, and like them a lot, but compacted snow and ice, were a bit sketchy last winter.

Hoping that the 4's are better in that area. Reviews are suggesting they will be better in snow and ice than the 3's.

Only question I have, is it better to go a little wider on the fronts?

Will it help to go to 235/40/19, or 245/40/19 instead of the 225/40 spec. Rears will remain 255/35/19.

Will have to ask the tire guru's on the forum.
Appreciate 0