Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Broken Door Window

04-18-2021, 05:01 PM   #1
My8thMandcounting
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Broken Door Window

So, someone was kind enough to try and break in to the car Friday night and broke the rear passenger window. Tore up the weather stripping and the molding a bit on the front and back windows. Fortunately, according to the dealer the parts are available (not sure if the rear door window is the same as the 3 series) so it won't be sitting waiting for parts to come from Germany. There was nothing in the car, and it appears they gave up when the window shattered rather than enter and set the alarm off.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 08:44 PM   #2
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Damn, that's awful. I hate the feeling I had both times someone broke into my cars. Hope it looks as good as new when fixed up.
      04-18-2021, 09:02 PM   #3
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Broken Door Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by My8thMandcounting View Post
So, someone was kind enough to try and break in to the car Friday night and broke the rear passenger window. Tore up the weather stripping and the molding a bit on the front and back windows. Fortunately, according to the dealer the parts are available (not sure if the rear door window is the same as the 3 series) so it won't be sitting waiting for parts to come from Germany. There was nothing in the car, and it appears they gave up when the window shattered rather than enter and set the alarm off.
That sucks man, sorry to hear that
Appreciate 0