Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Cost of M performance exhaust and spoiler port installed

12-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #1
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Cost of M performance exhaust and spoiler port installed

Hi all,
I’m about to factory order a M340 x drive and wanted to know what the cost was for the M performance exhaust and carbon rear spoiler if I have it port installed? Also is it true that you can’t order the carbon spoiler without the front splitter ?

Thanks in advance

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #2
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
Hi all,
I’m about to factory order a M340 x drive and wanted to know what the cost was for the M performance exhaust and carbon rear spoiler if I have it port installed? Also is it true that you can’t order the carbon spoiler without the front splitter ?

Thanks in advance
Don't recall prices off top of my head, I vaguely recall the spoiler alone was around $600? But no you don't need to purchase the front splitter with the rear spoiler.

The only item necessary for others would be the rear trim for either of the rear diffuser options.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 06:36 AM   #3
Flamingi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graaf_Autowerks View Post
Don't recall prices off top of my head, I vaguely recall the spoiler alone was around $600? But no you don't need to purchase the front splitter with the rear spoiler.

The only item necessary for others would be the rear trim for either of the rear diffuser options.
I don't know the specifics about the M performance stuff, but at least for the Alpina spoiler/lip you are not allowed to fit only one of them. You need both, so the downforce is the same front and rear. The case can be made in theory for the M Performance spoiler as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 06:40 AM   #4
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graaf_Autowerks View Post

I don't know the specifics about the M performance stuff, but at least for the Alpina spoiler/lip you are not allowed to fit only one of them. You need both, so the downforce is the same front and rear. The case can be made in theory for the M Performance spoiler as well.
Interesting - wasn't aware of that. I guess my comment was based on my own ordering experience where I was quoted the rear spoiler only and no one ever mentioned any requirements for the front lip as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
M performance exhaust port installed for 2021 is $2,000 MSRP. Tho weirdly my official sticker at delivery 2 weeks ago was $1,985 or something near that so I guess they dropped the price a couple cups of coffee.

You should still get whatever % you negotiate off msrp off this option, don't let any dealer bs you with installation or that it is a flat price add on
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
Raz335
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I had a feeling that was the case. Not sure if it's really for aerodynamics that they make you buy both or just for more sales. The front piece they make you buy is just the lower add on and not the carbon splitters themselves. Kind of strange

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
Raz335
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
M performance exhaust port installed for 2021 is $2,000 MSRP. Tho weirdly my official sticker at delivery 2 weeks ago was $1,985 or something near that so I guess they dropped the price a couple cups of coffee.

You should still get whatever % you negotiate off msrp off this option, don't let any dealer bs you with installation or that it is a flat price add on
Thanks, that's also what I wanted to know, can the price for M performance parts be negotiated and is there profit for the dealer?

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #8
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, that's also what I wanted to know, can the price for M performance parts be negotiated and is there profit for the dealer?
Yes I got 10% off total msrp, which included this option. Port installed options are essentially factory installed options. They have their own msrp and invoice price and also are maintained by the full factory warranty
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #9
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Yes I got 10% off total msrp, which included this option. Port installed options are essentially factory installed options. They have their own msrp and invoice price and also are maintained by the full factory warranty
+1

I was charged $2k for the MPE, and my 11% Msrp discount was factored.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #10
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Maybe it's just the mild hangover after yesterday's events, I killed 2 bottles of wine, but question on downforce vs weight distribution :

M440 is 53.8 on the front / 46.2 on the back. Would having the rear trunk spoiler alone change the feel of that to be more 50/50 or would it throw it off more severely? Or not make enough of a difference to notice?

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #11
ultrared93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 M340ix '93 300zxTT QX30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Maybe it's just the mild hangover after yesterday's events, I killed 2 bottles of wine, but question on downforce vs weight distribution :

M440 is 53.8 on the front / 46.2 on the back. Would having the rear trunk spoiler alone change the feel of that to be more 50/50 or would it throw it off more severely? Or not make enough of a difference to notice?
Yes, my choice to calm nerves was also a nice red wine.

Lots of unknowns here. How much gas is in the tank (and how much was in when the 53.8% was measured), weight of the driver and passengers (as well as their location), speed of the vehicle. Do we even know if the air flows over the spoiler, or does the flow separate from the vehicle surface rendering anything but a wing virtually useless.
Appreciate 0