Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos New Land Rover Defender

11-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #67
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra 5MT

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Land Rover dealer employee here:

Let me start by saying I'm really not a Land Rover fan. I like some of their stuff, namely the RR Sport, the RR full-size, and a few others, but I don't think I could bring myself to spend money on one. I went to the Defender retailer launch in California for an off-roading expedition for a full 8 hour day in the desert and... I'm impressed. It's a GREAT off-roader, and just as good on-road. I've had a few hundred miles behind the wheel of Defenders now and they are supremely comfortable, fairly quiet for their size, and the new 6 cylinder Ingenium engine available in SE and up trim levels is plenty powerful enough with 400hp on tap.

I'd buy an X-Dynamic SE (2022 MY and up), best bang for your buck trim. Go for the bigger touch screen, heated & cooled seats, and whatever else your heart desires. I strongly recommend the off-road tires and 20" wheels, the street tires don't look great on these IMO.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25073.50