Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum My G20 is being held at port due to a recall

08-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #89
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfried8d View Post
The longer this “head rest” situation remains unresolved, the less credible BMW becomes!! The lack of substantive communication about this is suspicious!! They should be reaching out to their customers instead of just taking them for granted!! They could at least tell us what exactly is being done to promptly get this thing fixed, instead of just pushing the “resolution” date further and further into the future!! With the enormity of BMW, this is simply unforgivable!! Shameful and inconsiderate!!

I think it is at crisis level when a company is at a standstill, not able to ship, deliver, or sell certain cars because of a suspected “safety” detail that may or may not actually exist (if indeed they are being totally truthful about the cause of delay). And somewhere in BMW, a few folks could temporarily postpone their August holiday to deal with this mess!!

If I ever get this car, it will be my 4th BMW. This is no way to treat loyal customers, or any customer!! My previous 3 BMWs were all special order cars as well, with uneventful, timely deliveries... so maybe my expectations are too high!!

(Sorry, guys... just so frustrated, as I’m hoping to enjoy this car a bit before the snow flies here in NY!)
While I'm equally frustrated and this is my 5th BMW, I understand, as an owner of a large company, how communication to interested customers may not be incredibly timely when there are legalities involved and the issue, in reality, is affecting a very small portion of their customers.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #90
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
While I'm equally frustrated and this is my 5th BMW, I understand, as an owner of a large company, how communication to interested customers may not be incredibly timely when there are legalities involved and the issue, in reality, is affecting a very small portion of their customers.
Your point is well taken, and unfortunately true!

However, I would like to add that no customer wants a perception that he/she is a member of "a portion of customers" small enough to be ignored by a very large company like BMW, which presumably has the resources to have a substantial customer relations outreach in place. It may be thought of as "small" to the company, but it is enormous to an individual customer!

Still waiting!!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #91
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Looks like your dealer just had a side seat headrest put in the middle. Isnt the middle supposed to be smaller for visibility?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #92
x986
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 340, ex e92 335, ex e46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Looks like your dealer just had a side seat headrest put in the middle. Isnt the middle supposed to be smaller for visibility?
That's what I was wondering. However, when I looked at it, I thought, "That could be the perfect solution, it looks like it can be folded down to eliminate the visual blockage, but it would be uncomfortable if someone were actually sitting there. It would have to be put up if that seat were occupied."
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 01:49 PM   #93
Hilly330
Rep
Drives: BMW M 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
I'd assume the availability of a replacement part is highly dependent upon the material type and color of the headrest. Do both of the above cars have black SensaTec seating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
I'd assume the availability of a replacement part is highly dependent upon the material type and color of the headrest. Do both of the above cars have black SensaTec seating?

It is not sensatec but full leather seating (m sport)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #94
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep! Checking the BMW configurator, when you do a 360* view of the upholstery, you can see the rear headrests. The center one looks to be around half the size of the other two.

Last edited by siegfried8d; 08-23-2019 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #95
MrBMWDK
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i M-Sport aut.

Quote:
Really, did you have the headrest recall?
Yes I did.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #96
kenya971
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Quote:
Yep! Checking the BMW configurator, when you do a 360* view of the upholstery, you can see the rear headrests. The center one looks to be around half the size of the other two.
I believe the size difference is due to the headrest being in the upright position as opposed to folded down. I checked the center headrest in my F30 and its actually larger than the side ones when upright (and about half when folded down).
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #97
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenya971 View Post
I believe the size difference is due to the headrest being in the upright position as opposed to folded down. I checked the center headrest in my F30 and its actually larger than the side ones when upright (and about half when folded down).
Makes sense! So the one shown in Hilly330’s photo above is different. It looks like a duplicate of the side ones and appears not to fold down. (?)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #98
kenya971
Private
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense! So the one shown in Hilly330’s photo above is different. It looks like a duplicate of the side ones and appears not to fold down. (?)
I noticed myself that the center does look the same as the side ones while on my F30 it looks different. It looks like for the G20 they made them more similar if not outright the same. Kinda tough to tell from the pictures online (and on this forum) that I was able to find. It also looks like all three headrests fold down. Assuming they kept the button in the same place it would have been on the opposite side from which the picture was taken.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #99
Hilly330
Rep
Drives: BMW M 330i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenya971 View Post
Makes sense! So the one shown in Hilly330's photo above is different. It looks like a duplicate of the side ones and appears not to fold down. (?)
No it is the Standard headrest an is the same as the 2 others. They can all be folded down. Which will make them half the size. I made the picture when they were all up but drive normaly with headrest down
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #100
hughj1976
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW

Guys

I got this message yesterday from the lease company who sorting our 6 x G20 320i M Sports.

“I wanted to provide you all the latest update we have with regards to the delivery of your new company vehicle.

We have received an update from the BMW Distribution today to confirm that parts they need to repair the faulty rear centre headrest are available and should be arriving in the UK W/C 9th September. Once the parts have arrived and replaced, we will then be able to arrange delivery of your new company car”

Seems positive and hopefully BMW can make this date - Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #101
Scalesmd68
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughj1976 View Post

We have received an update from the BMW Distribution today to confirm that parts they need to repair the faulty rear centre headrest are available and should be arriving in the UK W/C 9th September.
No, must be a different issue. Our problem is with the rear CENTER headrest.....

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #102
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
I got the call!! Headrest replaced Thursday and released to deliver to dealer on Friday, she’ll be in my garage by next weekend!!

Mine has been in Brunswick GA port since 8/7 - being delivered to Florida

Good luck guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #103
kenya971
Private
Rep

Quote:
I got the call!! Headrest replaced Thursday and released to deliver to dealer on Friday, she’ll be in my garage by next weekend!!

Good luck guys!
That is good news! Mines been at the Baltimore VPC since 8/5 and still no news (my dealer is less than an hour away from it). I'm guessing I won't get the phone call until its actually on the lot. It would be my luck its ready this upcoming week when it might actually be preferable it wasn't. Without getting into details it's been a very rough August.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #104
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Good luck guys!
GREAT NEWS!! Confidence and hope restored!!

Best wishes and many happy miles ahead!!

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #105
driesman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive

Quote:

Good luck guys!
Congrats. Here's hoping!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #106
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by driesman View Post
Congrats. Here's hoping!
Just got confirmation from my sales rep... my car was released to the trucking company today for delivery to the dealership tomorrow... hallelujah!!

I guess the powers-that-be at BMW have been monitoring our “patient” posts and our “conspiracy” posts and finally “got the lead out!”

All’s well that ends well!!

Best of luck to everyone on the board!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #107
Gbodyman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 m sport

Quote:
My g20 has been at the port 8/15 same problem . I was told Friday the part might not get to the port some time next month. I ordered my car in July hoping to get it before I have to turn my 2016 m340i at the end of the month . Well that’s not going to happen .
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #108
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbodyman View Post
My g20 has been at the port 8/15 same problem . I was told Friday the part might not get to the port some time next month. I ordered my car in July hoping to get it before I have to turn my 2016 m340i at the end of the month . Well that’s not going to happen .
I know how you feel, my car needs to go on the 27th and my g20 won't be here until Sept 16 at the earliest
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #109
siegfried8d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know how you feel, my car needs to go on the 27th and my g20 won't be here until Sept 16 at the earliest
Would your dealer consider giving you a loaner until your new car arrives if you have to turn in or trade your old car? They might accommodate considering the delay circumstance is beyond your control. Maybe BMW can (should?) take ownership of your dilemma.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 07:27 AM   #110
driesman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive

Quote:
I have the same issue. My lease runs out 9/5 and still don't have a date for delivery. With that said, I am told BWMFS has some leeway on the return if it is a couple of days. I would also hope that one can pay to extend the lease for a short time while things are being sorted out. If not BMW should take some responsibility as it is all one company.
Appreciate 0