Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Shipping new car instead of picking it up at the dealer?

03-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

Shipping new car instead of picking it up at the dealer?

Has anyone here had their new car delivered instead of picking it up at the dealer? The dealership is almost a 2 Hour drive. I’m just considering to avoid the hassle, having the car transported to me directly via and enclosed transit. My only concern is not being able to inspect the car at the dealership to see if there’s anything that needs to be corrected that isn’t right.

Has anyone taken this route before? Or, should I just suck it up and drive to the dealership and pick it up there?

Can anyone from Southern California recommend a good transport company? I had a horrible experience moving my current car from New Jersey to San Diego with the transport company I used.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

You would probably have to arrange that on your own or coordinate w/ the dealer to have it transported from them to you. Multiple vehicles are sent together on a truck from the VPC to the dealer. I doubt they would arrange for just 1 to be sent separately. Also, once the car comes off the truck, the dealer does the PDI along w/ software updates.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 1
Conezz103.00
      03-22-2020, 12:31 AM   #3
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw View Post
You would probably have to arrange that on your own or coordinate w/ the dealer to have it transported from them to you. Multiple vehicles are sent together on a truck from the VPC to the dealer. I doubt they would arrange for just 1 to be sent separately. Also, once the car comes off the truck, the dealer does the PDI along w/ software updates.
Depends. When I was in Texas most of the dealerships had their own trucks, usually an F350 dually or similar, that could pull a trailer of 2-3 cars or even just 1 car trailers. They'd use that for deliveries to the final customer rather than the long haul 5-8+ trailers and semis.
Appreciate 0