Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Buy or lease?

Closed Thread

04-02-2020, 02:06 AM   #1
AmeetRules
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i xdrive

Buy or lease?

Hello im completely new to cars and I was looking for advice on leasing or buying a 2020 BMW M340i xdrive.

I plan on ordering the car in mineral gray with the executive package and maybe some small other upgrades since the dealerships around me don't have them in stock. Ive been trying to do research on wether or not it is better to lease or buy the car. I am not sure what the mileage limit is but I know it is probably 10-12k miles/year. I definitely do want to upgrade in a couple years after I get this car. I would probably be driving a little over 12k miles a year and I know you can buy extra miles before the lease is up.

Ive been seeing people talk about residuals and MF values and such (which I have no clue anything about). Would anyone be able to share their opinions on wether I should lease or buy?
Also, since I am ordering a brand new car, how would I be able to bargain/negotiate the price down? I have no experience in this as I have never bought a car. I dont know how much one would be able to bargain the price down but the sticker price would be $62,385
Any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 02:48 AM   #2
Voodoo_G80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G

Hello and welcome to the forum! For questions about leasing, you should check out leasehackr and do research there. But to answer your questions, mf is Money Factor. The mf is a number which is your interest monthly for the lease. There are set money factors based on the residual of the car. On leasehackr you will see what most people are getting a discount on which gives you an idea for what discount is possible and what to aim for. 12% off msrp pre incentive is a great discount.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:06 AM   #3
tnsatbhs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeetRules View Post
Hello im completely new to cars and I was looking for advice on leasing or buying a 2020 BMW M340i xdrive.

I plan on ordering the car in mineral gray with the executive package and maybe some small other upgrades since the dealerships around me don't have them in stock. Ive been trying to do research on wether or not it is better to lease or buy the car. I am not sure what the mileage limit is but I know it is probably 10-12k miles/year. I definitely do want to upgrade in a couple years after I get this car. I would probably be driving a little over 12k miles a year and I know you can buy extra miles before the lease is up.

Ive been seeing people talk about residuals and MF values and such (which I have no clue anything about). Would anyone be able to share their opinions on wether I should lease or buy?
Also, since I am ordering a brand new car, how would I be able to bargain/negotiate the price down? I have no experience in this as I have never bought a car. I dont know how much one would be able to bargain the price down but the sticker price would be $62,385
Any help is appreciated!
When are you looking to order the car? Things are pretty messy with orders right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeetRules View Post
I definitely do want to upgrade in a couple years after I get this car.
If this is the case you definitely should lease.

For some good information on leasing basics, check out the leasing 101 articles on leasehackr:

https://leasehackr.com/blog?category=Leasing%20101

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread