Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Cat Stolen Last Night

03-17-2024, 07:48 AM   #45
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' 330i xdrive M Sport Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvesatthedoor View Post
It depends on what you want, I never drove a 440i but it's heaver and slightly larger so i can't imagine that would make it handle better, i personally hate the grille and always have, but that's a whole different topic lol. when i think of the 3 and 4 series i always personally just think of the 3 as more of a sporty choice and 4 series as more of a GT cruiser vehicle. I'd compare reviews online before you buy. Car and Driver in the best compact luxury car segment seems to favor the three series over the four series. With the 3 coming in first place and the 4 series gran coupe coming in fourth place and the coupe/convertible in ninth.
This post has me leaning 340! Thank you! Yeah the grill isn't the best but it has grown on me from when I first saw it.
Appreciate 2
      03-21-2024, 07:03 PM   #46
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quick update. It's still gone. Still can't believe it. Probably chopped up in Newark somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:50 AM   #47
Prof3ssor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfb8d View Post
Quick update. It's still gone. Still can't believe it. Probably chopped up in Newark somewhere.
That's a good thing. You do not want that car back.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2024, 08:55 PM   #48
M3FortiIZay
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I

A little off topic but Im curious since this came up. Is it harder to steal BMWs? I see Camaros, hellcats, etc. getting stolen in under 60 seconds. I know if your keys are by the door then they have signal relay devices, so I never leave your keys there but just thought I’d ask.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:22 PM   #49
wolvesatthedoor
UFO Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfb8d View Post
Did you ever find the keys or ever find evidence of a break in? I know you mentioned that in the beginning of the thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 11:53 AM   #50
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvesatthedoor View Post
Did you ever find the keys or ever find evidence of a break in? I know you mentioned that in the beginning of the thread.
No. I feel like an idiot, but odds are I left them in the car or near it. I literally never leave my keys in the car, and the one time I do, this happens. They must have fallen out of my pocket, and with the comfort access and car locking automatically when you walk away, I probably didn't even notice. This was my fault, but car companies need to do something to combat this. There needs to be some kind of biometrics to start the engine. Something. These cars are too expensive for there not to be some kind of secondary verification.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #51
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof3ssor View Post
That's a good thing. You do not want that car back.
Facts. Today is 10 days. I'm expecting for a call from the insurance company on Monday to declare it a total loss and get that process going.
Appreciate 0