Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics BMW OS 7 navigation issues

12-08-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
Rikvdb
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

BMW OS 7 navigation issues

before I start, I'm overall a big fan of idrive,always have been. For me it really is the right mix between touch, buttons & voice. Not a fan of the all screen solutions we're seeing these days, especially while driving.

I have my 330e since a couple of weeks, professional navigation, virtual cockpit so was looking foward to it. however navigation bugged me the last couple of days where I had the impression it's not delivering as advertised. I see some other posts touching on some of the issues however as I have a couple I was hoping this thread would be more useful to combine them and maybe hear other experiences:

- using voice for destinations really isn't that fluid, could be due to dutch language but still should work and for me at least navigation can be hit or miss. phone is good.

- when voice doesn't work, I don't have the option to enter the address via "classic input", which I've seen in some video's. (country, town, street, etc ...) but only the search function where you just start typing or writing which isn't good if you're really looking for a more countryside destination

- finally, I've installed a "home" & "work" adress in the navigation settings however the voice action "drive me home" "bring me home" or set navigation to work... really doens't work. it starts looking for destination's that sound similar to home or work (in dutch obviously :-) )

is this just me? maybe doing something wrong?

-
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 12:53 AM   #2
i_machine
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330e

I have a similar issue: when I want to enter a Belgian destination address via voice search, the system always thinks that I am in The Netherlands and then it won't find my address. Afterwards, when I press the voice button again to quit the voice search session, the screen allows me to enter country, street, number etc. If I then change the country to Belgium and enter the same destination address again via voice search, it works flawlessly because I updated the country to Belgium. So in some way the "default country" on my navigation system is The Netherlands. Does someone know a way to update this? Or know a way to just enter a full address via text input?

Rikvdb Did you try the above already?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
Rikvdb
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

didn't experience that yet, though I don't remember having an issue with the country so far.

good news is, I guess it got used to my voice as work or home destinations are working better now.

overall entering the address in such a rigid way with voice doesn't feel natural so I tend to either use google maps, enter it via the search function by typing or if scheduled send it to the car up front.
Appreciate 0