Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Car dented and scratched at dealer

05-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #1
Willy88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i xdrive

Car dented and scratched at dealer

Hello,

I took my car for it’s first annual service check and oil change but it had a recall with the camera. The took a few days longer to service it then they stated which I didn’t like but wasn’t an issue just that they didn’t call.

Then when I got the car back at home I noticed a very minor dent and a small paint chip and I know it sounds anal for me to complain about this but I feel I should get the car back the same way I have it to them.

Dent:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/pi...ictureid=75116

Paint chip:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/pi...ictureid=75117

Should I just ignore it and fix it on my own. I don’t mind if it’s not going to be much but they should fix their mistakes. I spoke to them and waiting on a response from them but if they ask me to use my insurance I’m just taking it back. This is my first car and just want to know your thoughts. I didn’t want to take it at first cause it’s not major but I know it’s there and it bothers me.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and took this to the service center in Brooklyn.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Absolutely ask them to fix it if you are sure it happened there. The dent looks to be perfect for PDR, and the chip can be touched up pretty easy (although it will probably look worse if they do it...I would just handle that one on your own).
      05-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #3
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Some dealerships have cameras installed in the service areas. If they do, ask them to review the footage for the days your car was there.
      05-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

That dent and paint chip definitely don’t look minor. At least, to me. Unfortunately, if you only noticed it after you took the car out of the service centre, they can deny it happened there. But no harm in asking them anyway. Be a little persistent and show them that they can’t push you around. That should help.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #5
Willy88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i xdrive

Thanks guys. I spoke to them and they said they could not fix it because it the camera does not show the damage before or after. It was definitely not there but they have no evidence and they refused. I will try to reach out to corporate office for some compensation. Does anyone know if the paint chip needs to be treated ASAP to cause further damage like rusting? Does anyone know of any good shops in Brooklyn that do this and PDR? Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #6
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

thats bad. To big for touch up, Id respray the roof. Dent will run a decent hit on the wallet. Respray will run about 400

all in, a 700 dollar repair ballpark.

And if you brought the car in they should have looked the car over and noted any damage. Thats too major to not notice. We do a quick walk around with video camera now over the whole car and if we miss something during the walk around, we point it out right away via text/email. Too many people try to make false claims to get free work done.
Appreciate 0