Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Spotify no longer part of Connected Music?

10-14-2019, 02:05 AM   #1
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Spotify no longer part of Connected Music?

My G20 330e is just over a week old and I've been using the Spotify app within Connected Music alot. However, last night, it just disappeared completely, as did the weather app on the live cockpit screen.

Looking at the BMW Connected Drive portal, I note that Spotify has been removed from the text of the 'Connected Music' option for my vehicle. Coincidence?

Is anyone else having this issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 02:52 AM   #2
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Have you tried going to the App section on your idrive, the press the option button on the centre console. You should get the option to update apps.

It's what BMW told me to do when I had an issue. Didn't help me, but I thought it may be worth suggesting.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoore View Post
Have you tried going to the App section on your idrive, the press the option button on the centre console. You should get the option to update apps.

It's what BMW told me to do when I had an issue. Didn't help me, but I thought it may be worth suggesting.
Thanks - I'll give that a try.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:46 AM   #4
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejigsaw View Post
My G20 330e is just over a week old and I've been using the Spotify app within Connected Music alot. However, last night, it just disappeared completely, as did the weather app on the live cockpit screen.

Looking at the BMW Connected Drive portal, I note that Spotify has been removed from the text of the 'Connected Music' option for my vehicle. Coincidence?

Is anyone else having this issue?
So I had Spotify when I first got mine but when I signed in as my Connected Drive user/profile and then signed up to the BMW Music service to see what it was like, Spotify disappeared.

However when I sign in as Guest rather than me it's back again. I can't for the life of my work out how to sign out of BMW Music (which I don't actually want), short perhaps from deleting the profile and starting again with configuring the millions of settings!?

Don't know if that helps...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 04:12 AM   #5
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

I took the time last night to read some of the reviews regarding the BMW Connected Drive App on IOS...shockingly bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 05:34 AM   #6
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
So I had Spotify when I first got mine but when I signed in as my Connected Drive user/profile and then signed up to the BMW Music service to see what it was like, Spotify disappeared.

However when I sign in as Guest rather than me it's back again. I can't for the life of my work out how to sign out of BMW Music (which I don't actually want), short perhaps from deleting the profile and starting again with configuring the millions of settings!?

Sign out of BMW Music and the other options should re-appear. I'm guessing your guest profile wasn't signed in to anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #7
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sign out of BMW Music and the other options should re-appear. I'm guessing your guest profile wasn't signed in to anything.
Where is the sign out of BMW Music option?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #8
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I think you highlight connected music on the left hand menu, then press the option button on the centre console. Should get a log out option.
Appreciate 1
tricky6239.50
      10-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think you highlight connected music on the left hand menu, then press the option button on the centre console. Should get a log out option.
Ah ha! I'll give that a try... thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #10
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep

OK, so when I get in the car and go to the 'Media' menu, Connected Music appears for about 2 seconds then disappears. So I can't even see if there is an option to logout.

If I get in the car as 'Guest', the Connected Music option is there, but it lists 'BMW Music, Deezer and Napster' - there is no Spotify app option in the list. This despite my BMW Connected account having both BMW Music and Connected Music subscribed until March 2020.

Oh, and the weather app doesn't load anything either. Its as if the car's SIM is not working??????
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #11
DomiGijzen
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport High Exec (G08)

Try calling the customer support from idrive. If that doesn't work, the sim has no connection. If it works, you can ask there but succes rate is not high in my cases.
      10-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #12
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ah ha! I'll give that a try... thanks.
It worked! You have to click on a song and then Option and then there is an option to log out. I've got my car version of Spotify back again :-)

Thank you :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:34 PM   #13
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
So tricky6 could you list the steps in order please
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #14
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiGijzen View Post
Try calling the customer support from idrive. If that doesn't work, the sim has no connection. If it works, you can ask there but succes rate is not high in my cases.
Well the car is clearly connected via the SIM, as it displays up to date news. But the weather widget doesn’t display anything and Spotify has vanished.

I even removed my profile from the car, which reset everything, and Connected Music now appears, but only has options for BMW Music, Napster and Deezer.......

I’m having my dealer follow-up call tomorrow (to check how I’m getting on with the car since I picked it up) so I will raise it and see where I get, but I’m not hopeful..................
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:11 AM   #15
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

This is what I got from BMW:

"To clarify you are correct that the Connected Music is for the Spotify, Deezer and Napster services. However I’m afraid Spotify has not been activated as of yet and this is why the description has been amended on our website. Spotify should become available in an upcoming Software Update – but this will be towards the end of the year/early part of next year."
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:22 AM   #16
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgoXXI View Post
This is what I got from BMW:

"To clarify you are correct that the Connected Music is for the Spotify, Deezer and Napster services. However I’m afraid Spotify has not been activated as of yet and this is why the description has been amended on our website. Spotify should become available in an upcoming Software Update – but this will be towards the end of the year/early part of next year."
That might be true, but doesn't explain why Spotify was visible and working on my car up to last Friday, and then disappeared. The software in the car has not changed since I collected it, so either they have remotely disabled it, or something is not set-up right........
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:51 AM   #17
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejigsaw View Post
That might be true, but doesn't explain why Spotify was visible and working on my car up to last Friday, and then disappeared. The software in the car has not changed since I collected it, so either they have remotely disabled it, or something is not set-up right........
Probably activated it too early, found an issue, an de-activated it, or simply they ran it as a trial (maybe to see how much data it would use). Its a shame, was looking forward to having Spotify in-built.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #18
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
I took delivery of my car on the 29th Sept (Sept. build) and I have Spotify working. Others have commented that it’s working for them.

I’m on Software version 07/2019.40 as delivered.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:46 AM   #19
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
I took delivery of my car on the 29th Sept (Sept. build) and I have Spotify working. Others have commented that it’s working for them.

I’m on Software version 07/2019.40 as delivered.
Great, as that's the same as mine. I have no idea what the issue is, but at least it seems to be working for others, which is positive.

Will keep trying to find the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 06:44 AM   #20
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep

Despite the fact that Spotify has disappeared from my new 330e since last Saturday, it still shows in the 'Personalise Menu' options list for 'Media'......

My dealer has suggested I reboot iDrive, which I have done twice, but to no avail, as Spotify does not return to the 'Media' menu as a source. Surely if BMW had removed Spotify (for whatever reason), it would have gone from this list too?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38achwe2dq...52.jpg?dl=0&m=
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #21
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep

Just got my car today, on version 07/2019.52 and glad that Spotify is working fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #22
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Congrats.... enjoy the car...

It does seem strange that it is there for some and not for others...

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0