Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics After enabling Spotify in BMW Connected, my CarPlay no longer plays audio...

05-25-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
imported_nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Angry After enabling Spotify in BMW Connected, my CarPlay no longer plays audio...

This is extremely frustrating, I love using CarPlay for my Spotify audio, but I decided to try out the native BMW Connected app.

Now, whenever I go to CarPlay, the audio says "Playing on BMW xxxxx" and I don't hear anything until I exit CarPlay and go to the BMW Spotify App in the Media list...

How do I remove Spotify native app now? I can't find any option to disable it
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Mike View Post
This is extremely frustrating, I love using CarPlay for my Spotify audio, but I decided to try out the native BMW Connected app.

Now, whenever I go to CarPlay, the audio says "Playing on BMW xxxxx" and I don't hear anything until I exit CarPlay and go to the BMW Spotify App in the Media list...

How do I remove Spotify native app now? I can't find any option to disable it

From other threads

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...29&postcount=8

and

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=12

Although this mentions Spotify I’m hoping it will be useful to you.

Worth a try

Hope this helps

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R

Last edited by Tam the Bam; 05-26-2020 at 03:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #3
imported_nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
From other threads

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...29&postcount=8

and

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=12

Although this mentions Spotify I’m hoping it will be useful to you.

Worth a try

Hope this helps
Oh man, I can't believe they hid it like this! Thank you!! What a relief
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #4
joselrl
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e 2019

Hi, how do you get Spotify on the Media options? I searched a bit and it seems to be related to BMW connected music, but I also don't seem to find it anywhere

Software is on 11/2019, tried going to the apps menu, press options and "update apps" and nothing new appears. Of the 3 connected packages that seem to be available I have the top end ConnectedPackage Professional.

Or is this feature only available on some countries?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Wait a minute, there is a native Spotify app on the G20s? I don't have it but it used be on my F30 alright
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #6
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40

BMW offered a native app thru BMW Connected Music. It appeared on my car via an OTA update. The Spotify app used the car's WiFi for streaming, meaning you didn't need to use your phone's data plan.

I was already using Apple Car Play, so when I first tried the native Spotify app I switched from Car Play to Spotify on the Media link in I Drive. The app worked well for a few weeks, and then stopped working. When I opened the app all it showed was a message that it was "searching".

I did a google search and found some other users reporting the same problem. They blamed it on an update to the Spotify app on my Apple IPhone.

So if I want to use Spotify I went back to using Car Play.

Functionality of Spotify was the same whether using Car Play or the BMW native app.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 02:21 PM   #7
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm returning to this thread because I'm having an issue with using Spotify and Apple CarPlay on my car.

I had activated the native Spotify app on my car when it showed up. As I said in the previous post, the native app worked fine for a while and then stopped. I switched back to using CarPlay to play Spotify. Now, I'm having the same problem as before: playback switches from CarPlay to the wireless connection in the car, but there is no audio.

I can't find a way to log out of the native app. When I select the native app on Media, the selection won't stay on that position and it reverts back to CarPlay on the list of Media.

Is anyone else having this problem and know of a way to log out of the native app, or just delete it from the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
imported_nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls49bmw View Post
I'm returning to this thread because I'm having an issue with using Spotify and Apple CarPlay on my car.

I had activated the native Spotify app on my car when it showed up. As I said in the previous post, the native app worked fine for a while and then stopped. I switched back to using CarPlay to play Spotify. Now, I'm having the same problem as before: playback switches from CarPlay to the wireless connection in the car, but there is no audio.

I can't find a way to log out of the native app. When I select the native app on Media, the selection won't stay on that position and it reverts back to CarPlay on the list of Media.

Is anyone else having this problem and know of a way to log out of the native app, or just delete it from the car?
Hey cls49bmw

What I did was go to my Spotify account on the computer and disable the authentication for the BMW login.

However, someone mentioned that if you press the "option" key next to the gear selector while having Spotify selected you can find an option to log out from the car.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #9
cls49bmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Mike View Post
Hey cls49bmw

What I did was go to my Spotify account on the computer and disable the authentication for the BMW login.

However, someone mentioned that if you press the "option" key next to the gear selector while having Spotify selected you can find an option to log out from the car.

Hope that helps
Thanks for both tips!
Appreciate 0