Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK BMW Connected App

05-28-2020, 04:14 AM   #1
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

BMW Connected App

Is the app working for anyone?

The last update it did was last Friday. Since then it has my location as of that time and nothing works. For the record I have tried deleting and reinstalling but nothing.

I did call Connecteddrive on Tuesday who advised "we have a problem and look to have it working in the next 24 hours"
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:23 AM   #2
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post

The last update it did was last Friday. Since then it has my location as of that time and nothing works. For the record I have tried deleting and reinstalling but nothing.

I did call Connecteddrive on Tuesday who advised "we have a problem and look to have it working in the next 24 hours"
I’m on IOS and it’s working fine. Just did ‘Remote 3D view’

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:08 AM   #3
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post

Android, working fine. Also just did a 3D.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #4
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
I’m on IOS and it’s working fine. Just did ‘Remote 3D view’
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 08:49 AM   #5
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Yeah they have a problem their end I think. My app wasn't updating either. I rang them, they got me to re-install that made no difference, then they asked me to send a screenshot. Which I did. I heard nothing but then it started working. Then a couple of days later the car (not the app) asked me to log in again.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #6
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottroc View Post
Yeah they have a problem their end I think. My app wasn't updating either. I rang them, they got me to re-install that made no difference, then they asked me to send a screenshot. Which I did. I heard nothing but then it started working. Then a couple of days later the car (not the app) asked me to log in again.
Many thanks for that. After 10 days its still not working for me. It has my position at a time and location when I was actually driving and doing 60mph +. Ever since that moment nothing.

I have reinstalled, wiped from the car, been through the profiles, unticked and re-ticked everything, several times. Absolutely no change. The only positive thing is that when I do reinstall the app the security code in the car comes through within 10 seconds.

I must say that only a very few people at Connecteddrive seem to have a clue what they are talking about.
Appreciate 0