Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Apple Music Playlists in iDrive

01-30-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
thatg20guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Garage List
Apple Music Playlists in iDrive

So I recently started experimenting switching between connecting my iPhone via CarPlay or Bluetooth and noticed some peculiar behavior regarding playlists in Apple Music.

Everything works fine with the CarPlay connection method, but when I switch to Bluetooth, I can scroll through my list of playlists but in a particular playlist, it will only list the songs that have been added to my library. Songs that haven't been added (+ symbol next to the song title), even though they are all downloaded locally to my device, do not show up. This means some playlists only show 5 or 10 songs out of 100.

When I start a playlist from my phone however, the entire list of songs does show up in iDrive for that specific playlist.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a workaround? Slightly annoying, but not the end of the world! I like the integration of everything through iDrive a bit better, such as calls and texts, which is why I've been switching between the two connection methods.
      01-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #2
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Playlists work fine for me using the USB cable, I have never tried Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
thatg20guy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
Playlists work fine for me using the USB cable, I have never tried Bluetooth.
Are you able to browse Podcasts through USB? In my old F30 there was a section for "additional media" and you could look at Podcasts that were in the Apple Podcast app. Can't seem to find an option for that in iDrive 7, although I did see it being mentioned in iDrive 6.