Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking vehicles built at the San Luis Potosí, Mexico assembly plant?

12-09-2020, 09:09 AM   #111
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Hopefully you made that ship. It is tough to track the car from end of production to getting on a ship. Once it is on the water until it hits the dealer you can get information online and from the Genius line. Should have your car before end of year!

My car experience had me watching the port of Altamira and waiting for two ships to arrive. I was surprised when it changed to In Transit, on a ship I had not been tracking, from a different port. I never thought to ask the Genius line when it was In Port which port that might be.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #112
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW m340i (soon), Audi Q7

After calling BMW today, I learned that my car made it on the Glovis Corona, and that it will be offloaded in Baltimore then shipped inland to my dealer. According to the online schedule for the Glovis Corona that I can find its not due into Baltimore before December 19th, but that seems like an awful long time to go from Galveston even with a couple of stops.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #113
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The online schedules are a general timeframe. My ship ended up in Baltimore a couple of days earlier than originally published. The Genius line had a more accurate schedule than online.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #114
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 X5 M Sport '21 335x M sp

I guess I'm a little bored and/or psycho about tracking my car.

I just watched the Glovis Corona cruise into port on this webcam https://www.galveston.com/webcams/emeraldvideocam/

It sat all day anchored a couple of miles off shore.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #115
mistersoar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

I'm ordering a 2021 330i xDrive from Mexico and I just got my order confirmation a few days ago. Every time I check my status, it's just been saying "Scheduled for Production 2021". This makes me a bit nervous since it leads me to believe they won't even put it into production until 2021! Has anyone else ever seen this?

Edit: I just realized the 2021 (which is in the same small font as "Scheduled for Production" is actually just the year model of the car. Either way, I'm just anxious to see when it will get into production and I hope that this time of the year doesn't slow it down.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #116
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersoar View Post
I'm ordering a 2021 330i xDrive from Mexico and I just got my order confirmation a few days ago. Every time I check my status, it's just been saying "Scheduled for Production 2021". This makes me a bit nervous since it leads me to believe they won't even put it into production until 2021! Has anyone else ever seen this?

Edit: I just realized the 2021 (which is in the same small font as "Scheduled for Production" is actually just the year model of the car. Either way, I'm just anxious to see when it will get into production and I hope that this time of the year doesn't slow it down.
My timeline is above if that's helpful!
      12-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #117
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If you call the BMW Genius line they can usually tell you the production week, assuming you have a production number.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 06:12 AM   #118
Jbone453
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

Yea it takes some time. I ordered mine in the end of September and just got a PCD date in early January, probably would get it in 1-2 weeks if not going that route though.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #119
johninca
Rep
Drives: bmw

I've had a car sitting in Mexico in "Final Assembly" for over a week now. Is that normal ?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #120
Jbone453
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninca View Post
I've had a car sitting in Mexico in "Final Assembly" for over a week now. Is that normal ?
If I remember correctly mine seemed to do that as well. It went from "final assembly" to "in transit." Then when back to "at the port" once it made it stateside.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #121
johninca
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone453 View Post
If I remember correctly mine seemed to do that as well. It went from "final assembly" to "in transit." Then when back to "at the port" once it made it stateside.
Bummer. Without port info genius is unable to provide any kind of ETA. They basically just say its been handed over to sales
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #122
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninca View Post
Yes, if you review above posts and other threads it's typical that the cars coming from Mexico are not logged in at the other stages of transport until they are actually logged onto the boat leaving port. Unfortunately you are going to have to sit tight until it gets on the water.

No insider that is familiar with bmws supply chain has popped on to explain why.

A favorite activity while waiting is tracking roro carriers that stop at Veracruz and Altimara trying to analyze if your car could possibly be on one of those ships
Appreciate 1
bap340i71.00
      12-14-2020, 05:59 PM   #123
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
After calling BMW today, I learned that my car made it on the Glovis Corona, and that it will be offloaded in Baltimore then shipped inland to my dealer. According to the online schedule for the Glovis Corona that I can find its not due into Baltimore before December 19th, but that seems like an awful long time to go from Galveston even with a couple of stops.
I've been tracking this stupid boat religiously. It's pretty on-schedule so far. Looks like it's heading up to Philly and then back down to Baltimore. I'm not sure who schedules these things, but it seems remarkably inefficient.

Dec 19 offload, a few days to process, Christmas, and then a few days to transport. I'd guess taking delivery sometime last week of December at this point.
      12-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #124
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
I've been tracking this stupid boat religiously. It's pretty on-schedule so far. Looks like it's heading up to Philly and then back down to Baltimore. I'm not sure who schedules these things, but it seems remarkably inefficient.

Dec 19 offload, a few days to process, Christmas, and then a few days to transport. I'd guess taking delivery sometime last week of December at this point.
Yeah first to GA then to FL, yeah not a fan I want my car! (If it hits the dealer on the 23rd, I'm not sure I'll pick it up before after Christmas since I need to prep for Christmas)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #125
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah first to GA then to FL, yeah not a fan I want my car! (If it hits the dealer on the 23rd, I'm not sure I'll pick it up before after Christmas since I need to prep for Christmas)
My car arrived in Baltimore on a Saturday and I picked it up at the dealer in Minneapolis 10 days later. Just as a point of reference.

Sounds like your ship is on a similar route that mine had. Excited when it got to Charleston but then back down to Brunswick and Jacksonville? Brutal.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:38 PM   #126
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap340i View Post
My car arrived in Baltimore on a Saturday and I picked it up at the dealer in Minneapolis 10 days later. Just as a point of reference.

Sounds like your ship is on a similar route that mine had. Excited when it got to Charleston but then back down to Brunswick and Jacksonville? Brutal.
If it makes to Baltimore on the 19th, hopefully It is at most 10 days to get to Chicago after that. But yes, it is brutal. I want my car, but as long as I have it in December it really is all good.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #127
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am probably more exited than I need to be to see that the Glovis Corona is going from Jacksonville to Baltimore currently, and is expected in Baltimore Friday morning rather than Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #128
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am probably more exited than I need to be to see that the Glovis Corona is going from Jacksonville to Baltimore currently, and is expected in Baltimore Friday morning rather than Saturday.
That is great news, so exciting when your ship is on the final leg. Your car should get to Chicago a day or two earlier than if it were coming to MN. Probably won't have it by Christmas but should be in MN freezing its ASS off by New Years.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 11:24 PM   #129
mistersoar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Oh man, I finally got an update saying it's in production and has a VIN number. However, now I'm worried that it'll be much longer since I opted in for Performance Center Delivery! Frankly, I would prefer get the car a month sooner than do it this time around. Hopefully that won't push it back too much..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 06:35 AM   #130
obscurehero
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looks like it'll make port early. Should be at the VPC midday, and I'm hoping that leaves a good bit of time for processing before Christmas.

If you're a bit too excited then I am too. I check where that damn boat is at least twice a day.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #131
The_Viking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Looks like it'll make port early. Should be at the VPC midday, and I'm hoping that leaves a good bit of time for processing before Christmas.

If you're a bit too excited then I am too. I check where that damn boat is at least twice a day.
Yeah I get irritated when the ship tracking website don't have an updated position because its out of range (and I am not desperate enough to pay to get satellite position). But if it is according to current ETA it should be in port in about 8 hours. Hopefully the snow isn't slowing anything down!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #132
F1 Pilot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 X5 M Sport '21 335x M sp

To borrow from Tom Petty's lyrics. The Waiting is the hardest part.

My order went in on 11/4. My car is on the glovis corona. I'm tracking it on MarineTraffic like a psycho.
I hope it's in Baltimore right now and it skips Philly and goes to Newark so I get my car the last week of this horrible year.
Appreciate 1