Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding Help (Engine Sound, 5x One-Touch Turn Signal, Acoustic Sound on Lock)

03-29-2023, 02:58 AM   #1
Muffinman336
Rep
Drives: G20 320i

Question Coding Help (Engine Sound, 5x One-Touch Turn Signal, Acoustic Sound on Lock)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to get some help from any knowledgeable folks.

Today I did a routine coding for my mate's car, a 2019 640i GT (G32) with IDrive 7.0

I coding the normal stuff like ASS, RoW Aircon, but my issues come from 3 main codings which should work but did not.

Firstly, Engine Sound.
By going to Headunit (HU_MGU), I coded CONFIGURABILITY ENGINE SOUND & DISPLAY_MENU_CONFIGURATION_ENGINE_SOUND to active.
The Engine Sound menu appeared on my IDrive, but I was not able to select any option. All options were available for me to click, but when I clicked on it, there was no red dot or anything to indicate selection.

Secondly, 5x One-Touch Turn Signals.
This is not even an Expert Mode code in Bimmercode, it's just sitting in Headunit Coding. However, after turning it on, while I can see it in the IDrive under External Lighting, I am unable to select 5 times.
I can see
1 Time
3 Times
5 Times
But when I click 5 times, it just goes to 3 times. However, 1 time works, so I'm clueless on how to fix this.

Finally, Acoustic Sound when Locking Vehicle.
Same, this code was done first through Headunit Coding (Checkbox Acoustical), and also the Roof Module (Enable Acoustical). However, like the above two problems, even though I was able to see the checkbox in my IDrive under Doors/Windows Access, I was unable to check the box to enable this.

I heard that it might have something to do with the fact that my car does not have an alarm system. I have checked my VIN and found it to have anti-theft system (S8TGA), but could someone give me the code for the Alarm System so I can check if I have it?

Would really appreciate any input or help, this is the first time I've encountered such an issue.

Thank you all!
Appreciate 0