Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Warranty after coding with bimmercode

01-16-2023, 07:25 AM   #1
ralboal
Rep
Drives: 21 m340i xdrive

Angry Warranty after coding with bimmercode

Hi! Tomorrow i have some warranty work on my car regarding suspension. They said its a new thing implemented called “ tuning check” and its done by some obd diagnosis that checks if there was any work done to the car by a third party and sends all the data to bmw to approve or not to approve the warranty. Im scared because i coded some things on my car with bimmercode ( ex: m-layout, different color ambient light… etc). It the code detectable? Can i do anything about it? Would it help if i revert to the first backup? Thx
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 07:47 AM   #2
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I'm pretty sure most bmw stealerships know about bimmerlink, bimmercode and the other platforms. I modified a lot of interior settings like the seat belt chime, disable nav warning, bmw logo etc. This is all pretty minor and not related to the suspension. I wouldn't worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 11:39 AM   #3
ralboal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
I'm pretty sure most bmw stealerships know about bimmerlink, bimmercode and the other platforms. I modified a lot of interior settings like the seat belt chime, disable nav warning, bmw logo etc. This is all pretty minor and not related to the suspension. I wouldn't worry about it.
Its there any way to un-code and delete all logs so the diagnosis doesnt flag de car?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 11:47 AM   #4
MichaelNRW
B58 Power
Rep
Drives: 05/2022 M340i xDrive Touring

Garage List
The tuning check wont flag your car after coding with Bimmercode.
There are many other things that are checked an none have to do with FDL coding.

Some dealers say something isn´t covered because you did this or that with Bimmercode. That´s b*llsh*t.
There needs to be connection between the coding you did and the damage that may be repaired under warranty.

e.g. my car has the Eibach ProKit so a damage at the suspension wont be covered if the dealer sends a request to BMW and says that the coils were replaced with third party.
But they can´t deny warranty for the sunroof because of that.

Same for coding. When your car goes to the dealer because your suspension is damaged, they can´t deny the warranty just because you coded other ambiente colors. There´s no causal connection between these two.

For your question.
You could try to restore the backup with Bimmercode.
That would atleast take away the direct argument.
      01-16-2023, 11:49 AM   #5
ralboal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNRW View Post
The tuning check wont flag your car after coding with Bimmercode.
There are many other things that are checked an none have to do with FDL coding.

Some dealers say something isn´t covered because you did this or that with Bimmercode. That´s b*llsh*t.
There needs to be connection between the coding you did and the damage that may be repaired under warranty.

e.g. my car has the Eibach ProKit so a damage at the suspension wont be covered if the dealer sends a request to BMW and says that the coils were replaced with third party.
But they can´t deny warranty for the sunroof because of that.

Same for coding. When your car goes to the dealer because your suspension is damaged, they can´t deny the warranty just because you coded other ambiente colors. There´s no causal connection between these two.

For your question.
You could try to restore the backup with Bimmercode.
That would atleast take away the direct argument.
Wow
Thanks for the help and for your time )
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 11:58 AM   #6
MaximK
Private
Rep
Drives: F10- Bimmer Works Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralboal View Post
Hi! Tomorrow i have some warranty work on my car regarding suspension. They said its a new thing implemented called “ tuning check” and its done by some obd diagnosis that checks if there was any work done to the car by a third party and sends all the data to bmw to approve or not to approve the warranty. Im scared because i coded some things on my car with bimmercode ( ex: m-layout, different color ambient light… etc). It the code detectable? Can i do anything about it? Would it help if i revert to the first backup? Thx
Tuning check can appear only if you worked on DME
Appreciate 0