Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Esys misaligned view (3.36.2)

12-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #1
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Esys misaligned view (3.36.2)

Has anyone noticed Esys is misaligned in the text boxes and such in the later version? If so is there a fix?

I am unable to choose all the options or see the full display of NCD values etc. Just gets cut off.

I know I don't need the latest, but maybe we will for some future needs. Perhaps it's a JVM issue. I am running the latest Windows 10 in a VM.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Try setting High DPI Scale Override (System) on esys executable
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2020, 01:52 AM   #3
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Try setting High DPI Scale Override (System) on esys executable
That did the trick! Thanks again, such a great help in all this!

By the way, I'm using EsysX, so I had to set the High DPI Scale Override on that executable. It also works on the E-Sys executable, but the shortcut that is created on the desktop points to a batch file E-sys.bat which calls the JRE. When running it from the shortcut, it doesn't set the correct scaling, however, since I don't run E-sys this way it's fine for me. Just throwing that out there in case anyone else runs into this.

The next step is to get EsysX or more specifically the Ispihost to detect the dongle in a VM...it detects it on the first try/install but if you pull the dongle out it doesn't detect it again until I reinstall EsysX.

Hopefully the EsysX team can help out with that one. It's the last step in my VM venture to get all this working!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 04:27 AM   #4
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
That did the trick! Thanks again, such a great help in all this!

By the way, I'm using EsysX, so I had to set the High DPI Scale Override on that executable. It also works on the E-Sys executable, but the shortcut that is created on the desktop points to a batch file E-sys.bat which calls the JRE. When running it from the shortcut, it doesn't set the correct scaling, however, since I don't run E-sys this way it's fine for me. Just throwing that out there in case anyone else runs into this.

The next step is to get EsysX or more specifically the Ispihost to detect the dongle in a VM...it detects it on the first try/install but if you pull the dongle out it doesn't detect it again until I reinstall EsysX.

Hopefully the EsysX team can help out with that one. It's the last step in my VM venture to get all this working!
Just create a simple batch file/cmd that does this, then run it as admin after inserting the dongle, and before starting esysx

net start ispiHost
Appreciate 0