Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions '21 M340 Drive Recorder

07-05-2023, 07:31 PM   #1
KathyBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xdrive

'21 M340 Drive Recorder

I have a couple of questions.
First, my car does not have drive recorder in the "apps" list in the car.
I do have myBMW app and can record my car manually from there. I have a recordiing from 2021 of lots of snow!
Today I was rear-ended and driver took off. I was feeling good knowing that BMW was recording when there's an accident... only to find the recording no where.
Is it actually on the car, but I can't get to it (only BMW dealer?) or is there some after the fact way I can get the video.

Thanks in advance all. It's been a bad day for my car.
There was the above accident, then coming out of a client's offices, someone scraped the front of my car with some god ugly dirty orange color. I think it's the contractors who are remodeling... maybe some B&D tools or buckets with tools in them. Then the kid hit me. Ugh
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 07:49 PM   #2
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyBMW View Post
I do have myBMW app and can record my car manually from there. I have a recordiing from 2021 of lots of snow!
Today I was rear-ended and driver took off. I was feeling good knowing that BMW was recording when there's an accident... only to find the recording no where.
Is it actually on the car, but I can't get to it (only BMW dealer?) or is there some after the fact way I can get the video.

There was the above accident, then coming out of a client's offices, someone scraped the front of my car with some god ugly dirty orange color. I think it's the contractors who are remodeling... maybe some B&D tools or buckets with tools in them. Then the kid hit me. Ugh
Sucks! As for driver recorder, you have to enable it to automatically record. Check your settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 11:55 PM   #3
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyBMW View Post

You have to get the Driver Recorder App when you log on to BMW Connected on a computer in your account and buy the drive recorder app then it will update and App will appear in the car. Then you have to set the App to record manually and automatically by checking the boxes and then set for recording 20 seconds before and 20 seconds after (incident). The video you are seeing on the myBMW is not Driver Recorder it's just a look in to check your car if you have the 360 cameras. If you have trouble getting buying the Driver Recorder app you can call BMW Finance and purchase it from them over phone then the App will appear in your car once you pay for it. If you had paid for it, ask them to activate it for your VIN Number because you say it's not in your car. Hope this helps. Sorry to hear about the accident and the car damage hope you are ok.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 05:00 PM   #4
KathyBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW11 View Post
You have to get the Driver Recorder App when you log on to BMW Connected on a computer in your account and buy the drive recorder app then it will update and App will appear in the car. Then you have to set the App to record manually and automatically by checking the boxes and then set for recording 20 seconds before and 20 seconds after (incident). The video you are seeing on the myBMW is not Driver Recorder it's just a look in to check your car if you have the 360 cameras. If you have trouble getting buying the Driver Recorder app you can call BMW Finance and purchase it from them over phone then the App will appear in your car once you pay for it. If you had paid for it, ask them to activate it for your VIN Number because you say it's not in your car. Hope this helps. Sorry to hear about the accident and the car damage hope you are ok.
thanks.. I'm fine, just pissed I got played by the kid who hit me.
Appreciate 0