Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Global Pandemic

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #243
Tambohamilton
Major
United Kingdom
370
Rep
1,106
Posts

Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Itís nature taking back whatís hers. Always a battle for balance.

I hope humanity pulls through this or this could be a repeating occurrence like the flu, but deadlier.
Agreed. I'm in solidarity with everyone fighting this, and everyone staying still to make sure the spread is slowed. But I'm not shocked. My hope us that it pulls all remaining humanity on the planet together, to realise that we all share the same problems, and to work together to stay happy and healthy together. A very romantic notion, but we as a species can't fight this if it's every man/woman/nation for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #244
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
835
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
For sure I think Boris is on ventilator now, for those on a ventilator 50% survive.
Patients are heavily sedated and turned on their front and the ventilator takes over their breathing.
It's baffling that some survive while others don't.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/uk/bo...ntl/index.html

Wowie -
CNN reports as of nearly midnight UK time that he has been moved to ICU as a precaution in case he needs a ventilator - we hope he makes it.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #245
apexit4
Captain
Poland
507
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
You guys catch the F1 esports race? Kind of impressed with Leclerc...8 days with the game.
I watched the replay out of curiosity considering that there were more F1 drivers in it this time. There were a few interesting battles, but it definitely wasnt as interesting as the real thing.

I agree, Leclerc was impressive. But he did admit to practicing about 5 hours each day for a week in preparation. So he wasnt a complete novice. They still need to attract more current racers and turn on damage to make it more realistic.

I'm beginning to understand why Verstappen said he wont participate. The series that he runs in really is a simulator and theres a larger range of adjustments he can make to fine tune the car. The F1 eSports race is more of a game than a sim. For that reason, I think they will have a hard time finding more active drivers to participate.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #246
apexit4
Captain
Poland
507
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Probably a ventilator is required in his situation .
Sounds bad my friend !

Side note : Yesterday evening I watched a documentary about "SARS-Cov-2". That's what COVID-19 actually is ...
It has 80% of the SARS genome !

I heard only bad news from the documentary . The global situation looks not good for "ALL"" of us !
Worst case scenario was : The killer virus continues to infect us . If one individual remains with the virus . Everything will start all over again ...
Till a vaccin is found......That works effectively without side effects !
Not good my friend . Not good !
Where were you able to find the documentary? I'm interested in adding it to my watch list.

Its interesting how this virus can be so similar to SARS (i.e. 80% similar) and yet the remaining 20% difference so deadly. From what I read, with SARS its was less dangerous since you had to be exhibiting symptoms of the virus to be considered infectious. With what we have now, you can be infectious several days before showing symptoms. The words "silent death" come mind.....

Hard to believe we might be in lockdown for a year. But for all the doom and gloom, there is a positive side to it in that we've never had this many people working on vaccine. It gives me hope that we'll be able to eventually find a solid solution.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #247
apexit4
Captain
Poland
507
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Everyone please pray for Boris Johnson our PM,he's been taken into intensive care.
That very unfortunate to hear, the situation does sound really dire.

I recently came across an article stating that Bob Varsha has tested positive for the virus. He was one of the main commentators of F1 races when the Speed Channel was a thing here in the US. Definitely a voice that I associate with F1 back from when I was just getting into the sport.

Considering how the virus is spreading, it seems like its only a matter of time before everyone will know someone who has caught the virus. Hopefully the majority will be able to fight it off.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #248
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
835
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
That very unfortunate to hear, the situation does sound really dire.

I recently came across an article stating that Bob Varsha has tested positive for the virus. He was one of the main commentators of F1 races when the Speed Channel was a thing here in the US. Definitely a voice that I associate with F1 back from when I was just getting into the sport.

Considering how the virus is spreading, it seems like its only a matter of time before everyone will know someone who has caught the virus. Hopefully the majority will be able to fight it off.
Really enjoyed Bob Varsha's voice in F1 at the time....and loved Calvin Fish's contribution as paddock color.

Back in the day, I sent Bob a letter acknowledging his 100th GP coverage - he wrote me back! This was before ones and zeros....Hopeful Bob recovers.

Just found this when searching....we wish Bob recovery and health:
https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran...ttling-cancer/
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; Yesterday at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
apexit4507.00

      Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #249
apexit4
Captain
Poland
507
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Really enjoyed Bob Varsha's voice in F1 at the time....and loved Calvin Fish's contribution as paddock color.

Back in the day, I sent Bob a letter acknowledging his 100th GP coverage - he wrote me back! This was before ones and zeros....Hopeful Bob recovers.

Just found this when searching....we wish Bob recovery and health:
https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran...ttling-cancer/
Thats pretty cool you got a response back from him! Sadly things like that rarely happen these days.

I didnt know he was having other health issues, hopefully he recovers as you said.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #250
chris719
Colonel
2403
Rep
2,997
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Where were you able to find the documentary? I'm interested in adding it to my watch list.

Its interesting how this virus can be so similar to SARS (i.e. 80% similar) and yet the remaining 20% difference so deadly. From what I read, with SARS its was less dangerous since you had to be exhibiting symptoms of the virus to be considered infectious. With what we have now, you can be infectious several days before showing symptoms. The words "silent death" come mind.....

Hard to believe we might be in lockdown for a year. But for all the doom and gloom, there is a positive side to it in that we've never had this many people working on vaccine. It gives me hope that we'll be able to eventually find a solid solution.
SARS will probably end up being more lethal, but less contagious. It's hard to say we know everything about SARS either because it made such a brief appearance and we were lucky enough to contain it.

There is unfortunately not a ton of understanding on how changes in the virus affect pathogenicity.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST