Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

04-01-2020, 01:23 AM   #177
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Hi Guys so excited for you

My car is on it's way from Santander Spain to Baltimore USA at the moment.

I decided I am not tinting my windows when I get my car, I shall wait a while to see how I feel about this.

After watching this youtube video of how they do it, just feel a bit sorry for the car.

In addition I need bright light now, getting old, so not too sure at night how the vision will be with tinting reversing and using the side mirrors and visibility through the rear window.

Will also wait for the ceramic paint protection, not sure if I am 100% onboard with this, I suppose it depends on the skill and care of the person applying the coat. Heard of cases where they left the liquid on too long before wiping off , leaving marks on the car ?

So just going to go naked so to speak and see what the experience is like.
As far as window tinting is concerned, have you considered lighter tints? On my F30 I had 35% on the front and 28% on the rear.
The front to me seemed very light and I had absolutely no issue with light in the car and driving at night. The film also acts as a bit of a deterrent for would-be break-ins from the less scrupulous amongst us.

For the new car I will be going a little darker.....28% on the front and 20% on the rear. This is because I could not get a rear roller blind, so I’m hoping the darker tint at the rear will offset sun and heat transmission a little for those in the back of the car (mainly my cocker spaniels!!).
      04-01-2020, 04:36 AM   #178
baturbo
"It's so choice...I highly rec. picking one up"-FB
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
My car is on it's way from Santander Spain to Baltimore USA at the moment.
Mine is on the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 04:40 AM   #179
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
My car has arrived at the dealer, woohoo!

Not long now, hopefully they can turn it around in a day but don't want to get my hopes up! So happy though!
By bet is that you’ll get your car on Friday, same as me. I say this because my car is also at the dealer right now.
The race is on!
Two more sleepless nights to go!

BTW it is very sad to see the state of the dealership at the moment due to COVID-19.......so deserted. The reason I went in today was to drop off my F30 335i. She has been a very good girl for the last few years.....quite sad to see her go.
@SteveAus PBJ - good luck still awaiting for the call it said eta meant to be at the dealer tomorrow but no movement hope it's soon. The wait is really unreal.... really want to drive it out of the showroom and then I loose it again while it's been ceramic coated and tinted!! Look forward seeing photos when you guys collect it. Good luck to all of us
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 05:31 AM   #180
noelos
Rep
Drives: Mazda RX-8, BMW 330i Touring

Geez. Mine was on the Hoegh Tracer recently dropped at Port Kembla like some of you. Was expecting pickup mid-April, but today they called to say it would be ready tomorrow!

So after an interminable journey it’s suddenly mine!
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 05:32 AM   #181
noelos
Rep

On a more boring note - is there anything in the BMW insurance (underwritten by Allianz) that would make it a better buy than, say, AAMI?

It’s 80% more expensive.

Last edited by noelos; 04-01-2020 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 05:59 AM   #182
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Is your new car female too SteveAus 😁

Post some pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:00 AM   #183
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelos View Post
Geez. Mine was on the Hoegh Tracer recently dropped at Port Kembla like some of you. Was expecting pickup mid-April, but today they called to say it would be ready tomorrow!

Congrats noelos - can't wait to see pics
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00
      04-01-2020, 06:26 AM   #184
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post

Post some pics!
My cars are always female. That’s the way it is..
As my wife would say, “females are so much better, beautiful, with a far better temperament than a male”.
I remember dearly when we had Maggie, a green Austin Healey. We even named one of our dogs after her.
Female cars are much, much better than male cars!!!
This is probably true in the real world as well......

I’ll post some pics when I get the gorgeous, beautiful, girl....
I might even post some pics of the car....
      04-01-2020, 06:29 AM   #185
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
On a more boring note - is there anything in the BMW insurance (underwritten by Allianz) that would make it a better buy than, say, AAMI?

It’s 80% more expensive.
I have used MB Insurance, underwritten by QBE, much cheaper than the flock, if you factor in 4 years new for old replacement.
Depends what you want in insurance.
      04-01-2020, 06:32 AM   #186
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Post some pics!
BTW is your car male or female?
Why haven’t we seen any pics of your beast?.
We know you love it.

We should start a thread of G20 photos.
      04-01-2020, 07:00 AM   #187
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Lucky you. I so pleased you are able to get your car earlier than you thought.
I guess it’s a fact that BMW dealerships need the money. They need the cash to keep the business running.
It was very sad today walking into my local dealership to see it so deserted.
This bloody virus is taking its toll in all businesses across the country, and all those people working in those businesses, be they making coffee or selling cars.
At least we have been able to help in a very small way to keep some of these businesses running. Even though the staff at my local dealership are working only half time. They make F*$k all as a retainer, which at the moment means they are making half of F*$k all right now. There are not many people buying new cars at the moment.

Let’s do the right thing and do as the Govt is suggesting...keep our distance from other people, stay at home as much as possible and stop the spread of this virus..
Hang in there, guys, and keep safe.
      04-01-2020, 07:43 AM   #188
noelos
Rep

Quote:
I have used MB Insurance, underwritten by QBE, much cheaper than the flock, if you factor in 4 years new for old replacement.
Depends what you want in insurance.
Quote:
Lucky you. I so pleased you are able to get your car earlier than you thought.
I guess it’s a fact that BMW dealerships need the money. They need the cash to keep the business running.
It was very sad today walking into my local dealership to see it so deserted.
This bloody virus is taking its toll in all businesses across the country, and all those people working in those businesses, be they making coffee or selling cars.
At least we have been able to help in a very small way to keep some of these businesses running. Even though the staff at my local dealership are working only half time. They make F*$k all as a retainer, which at the moment means they are making half of F*$k all right now. There are not many people buying new cars at the moment.

Let’s do the right thing and do as the Govt is suggesting...keep our distance from other people, stay at home as much as possible and stop the spread of this virus..
Hang in there, guys, and keep safe.
Agree to all. It's not often something this catastrophic happens that is truly global. So at least there's a sense that we're in it together.

And thanks for the tip on the insurance. Will get a quote.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:52 AM   #189
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baturbo View Post
Mine is on the same boat.
Hi Mate

So good to hear I have a fellow enthusiast to share my wait

What did you order, colour, spec.

I ordered Portimao Blue, M-Sport, Visibility pack,Comfort pack,Harmon Kardon,Gesture Control,Vernasca leather with Contrast Blue stitching,.

Whats your ETA to Melbourne
Appreciate 1
baturbo47.50
      04-02-2020, 01:14 AM   #190
hulugulu
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Hi Guys,

My car has just arrived at Prixcar service in Brisbane this morning. Yesterday my salesman told me that I will able to see my car within 7-10days. From there, they will need 3 days to prepare for delivery.

Is this meant that there is something wrong or need to be fixed with my car? Why my car needs to stay at Prixcar for a week?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 02:32 AM   #191
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugulu View Post
Hi Guys,

My car has just arrived at Prixcar service in Brisbane this morning. Yesterday my salesman told me that I will able to see my car within 7-10days. From there, they will need 3 days to prepare for delivery.

Is this meant that there is something wrong or need to be fixed with my car? Why my car needs to stay at Prixcar for a week?
The dealer might just be cautious, so that you don’t bug him if delivery is late.
I was originally told delivery of my car to me would be 10th April, but I am picking it up tomorrow (3rd).

I see your car is priority 3. This means it is a customer car rather than stock and will be moved on the first available transport.
It then takes a day or two to get to the dealer. In my case, the car reached Adelaide 27th March (Friday) and the weekend intervened, so it was not moved to the dealer until 31st March.
They will have turned the car around at the dealer in three days.

I know the wait is torturous. Best of luck for a speedy delivery and enjoy your car.
Stay safe.
      04-02-2020, 02:57 AM   #192
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
As far as window tinting is concerned, have you considered lighter tints? On my F30 I had 35% on the front and 28% on the rear.
The front to me seemed very light and I had absolutely no issue with light in the car and driving at night. The film also acts as a bit of a deterrent for would-be break-ins from the less scrupulous amongst us.

For the new car I will be going a little darker.....28% on the front and 20% on the rear. This is because I could not get a rear roller blind, so I’m hoping the darker tint at the rear will offset sun and heat transmission a little for those in the back of the car (mainly my cocker spaniels!!).

Yup I was going to go 35% as thats the max in Sydney for front ,but not sure as I have never had tinted windows before so I have no point of reference, I do like the stealth look though
Thanks for sharing your experience Steve, I should test drive a tinted car at night and see what it feels like I think thats the best way.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 04:35 AM   #193
ryanm7
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport (On Order)

Just got confirmation last week that Melbourne BMW has sent my order (2020 330e M Sport) through, apparently to be built in Munich. Supposedly will be produced in May (Week 19) however unsure about the factory whether it is shut down or operating at a reduced capacity, dealer reckons that I could have my car "anywhere between June and August"... depending on COVID-19's long term impacts.

I only have a production number as well as details on the build sheet, no VIN (this is blank on the sheet), do I just ask the dealer for an update when they know the VIN or how else do I track progress?

I'm excited!

I wonder how many G20 330e's there are in Melbourne let alone Australia!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 05:09 AM   #194
vish1987
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Who is your dealership?

My car was on the same ship and I took delivery today
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 05:32 AM   #195
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm7 View Post

I wonder how many G20 330e's there are in Melbourne let alone Australia!
I’ve got one on a ship about a month out. Haven’t seen any on the roads, though that’ll be even harder now given how little time I spend outside.
What options did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 05:37 AM   #196
hulugulu
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vish1987 View Post
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Who is your dealership?

My car was on the same ship and I took delivery today
Hi,

My dealership is in Gold Coast, Queensland.

My salesman starts annual leave today, and he passes my car to another consultant to check me update. Today the another consultant told me that he will be away next week returning 09/04.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:41 AM   #197
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Post some pics!
BTW is your car male or female?
Why haven't we seen any pics of your beast?.
We know you love it.

We should start a thread of G20 photos.
Hmmmm the car shall remain "It" haha
No pics coz it's dirty +
But recently got PPF and a ceramic coat so looking forward to washing off all the bugcrap with ease 💧🧼🛁
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #198
ryanm7
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
I’ve got one on a ship about a month out. Haven’t seen any on the roads, though that’ll be even harder now given how little time I spend outside.
What options did you go for?
Ooh awesome, are you in Melbourne?

I got M Sport, Visibility Package, Comfort Package.
I added HK sound system, along with Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents. The car is mineral grey.

what did you order options wise?
Appreciate 0