Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics iDrive boot looping with Apple Car Play (iOS 13.3.1)

03-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #1
msalisbu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 m340i

iDrive boot looping with Apple Car Play (iOS 13.3.1)

After my last service visit, the car's first oil change, I've been having tons of issues with iDrive. (latest version)

Started first while on the highway and the display and mini map in the dash went black.Thought the engine was next, but everything reset, similar to when you start the car.

Since then, it randomly goes into boot loops, and will continue until I turn off wifi on the phone to stop it from automatically connecting to Car Play.

Anyone experienced this? Calling my service center tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #2
youthsonic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i XDrive

Garage List
can you confirm your software version? Also: Check your paperwork to see if there was an upgrade that happened during your visit - it may be that the dealer upgraded your software but didn't do the power-off sequence or some other element correctly
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
msalisbu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 m340i

Haven't gotten a chance to visit the service center yet due to COVID-19, but now it seems the bass is completely gone from the sound system. Also affects the ASD inside the cabin. No settings were changed, started the car up and noticed it this morning.

Is BMW able to remotely reset some of these components, or can it only be done at a service center?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
youthsonic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by msalisbu View Post
Haven't gotten a chance to visit the service center yet due to COVID-19, but now it seems the bass is completely gone from the sound system. Also affects the ASD inside the cabin. No settings were changed, started the car up and noticed it this morning.

Is BMW able to remotely reset some of these components, or can it only be done at a service center?
You may want to try a hard reset. Keep holding the power button down for 70 seconds. You'll hear and see activity and a reboot, but keep holding it for 70 seconds.

If that didn't work maybe try a factory reset?
Appreciate 0