Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Issues you have noticed with your new 3(G20)

04-05-2021, 04:15 AM   #155
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Reminder to check your tyre pressures!

I noticed that my power steering was groaning sometimes at low speeds.

So I went to check my air pressures and they were 27 psi all round!

After I re inflated everything the car had a much better ride and lighter steering. I suspect because if you lower the inflation you are riding more on the stiff side walls rather than the air.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #156
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Reminder to check your tyre pressures!

I noticed that my power steering was groaning sometimes at low speeds.

So I went to check my air pressures and they were 27 psi all round!

After I re inflated everything the car had a much better ride and lighter steering. I suspect because if you lower the inflation you are riding more on the stiff side walls rather than the air.
Oh yeah!
I usually check my tyre pressures every month.......39 psi all round.
I also check the TPMS read out every now and then while on a long drive to make sure all tyres are up to temp and pressure.
      04-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #157
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Where do people put their right foot when in Active Cruise Control?
I find that on a long drive my ankle (which I broke a couple of years ago) gets a little sore on a long drive and the muscles in my shin get tight, as I tend to rest my foot on my heel and point my toes in the air.

My Golf has a foot rest for my right foot when in ACC. This is much more comfortable, and the foot rest is at a perfect height from the pedals to get across to the accelerator or brake when needed.

Wish BMW had the same setup.

Has anyone else found a mod for this? Perhaps something like a small curved plate screwed into the footwell wall?
I’ve looked, but I can’t see a part made by BMW.
      04-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #158
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Oh yeah!
I usually check my tyre pressures every month.......39 psi all round.
What brand tyres do you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 12:28 AM   #159
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornadogM340i View Post
What brand tyres do you have?
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.......Runflats.
      04-06-2021, 04:40 AM   #160
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

Quote:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.......Runflats.
Runflats?? Did you change the originals to runflats?
I have the factory 4S none runflats @40 PSI cold pressure.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #161
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR33R View Post
Runflats?? Did you change the originals to runflats?
I have the factory 4S none runflats @40 PSI cold pressure.
Sorry, my bad.
My tyres are go flats, not run flats.
I was told that they should be 39 psi when cold.
From memory there is a tyre inflation plate on the inside of the front door or door pillar which suggests what pressures you should be running, dependent on what load you have in the car.
      04-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #162
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, my bad.
My tyres are go flats, not run flats.
I was told that they should be 39 psi when cold.
From memory there is a tyre inflation plate on the inside of the front door or door pillar which suggests what pressures you should be running, dependent on what load you have in the car.
I bought the car and have run flats - Bridgestone. Wasn't happy about that but it was take it or leave it.

I was told to run it on 40psi all around.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 03:02 AM   #163
GTR33R
Private
Rep

Quote:
I bought the car and have run flats - Bridgestone. Wasn't happy about that but it was take it or leave it.

I was told to run it on 40psi all around.
Really? What kind of Bridgestones did it come with? New car? What year/ month build?
Pressure is an individual thing, it depends what you use the car for, load , speed and road surface .
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 06:19 AM   #164
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Really? What kind of Bridgestones did it come with? New car? What year/ month build?
Pressure is an individual thing, it depends what you use the car for, load , speed and road surface .
M340i, November 2020 build. I bought it in Feb 2021, as a demo model with 3500k on it.

I will check the full specs on the tyres and let you know
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 07:36 AM   #165
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d g20

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
went on a long drive. with just 150 km of diesel left, went to refuel. found that the fuel flap would not open. then to my shock found that BMW in their wisdom had decided not to include the manual emergency cable that was available in previous generation models to open the lid. was literally running on fumes by the time I got the car to a dealer.
the dealer had to break the actuator rod by inserting a balloon and inflating it. also required some software fix.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #166
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by francton View Post
went on a long drive. with just 150 km of diesel left, went to refuel. found that the fuel flap would not open. then to my shock found that BMW in their wisdom had decided not to include the manual emergency cable that was available in previous generation models to open the lid. was literally running on fumes by the time I got the car to a dealer.
the dealer had to break the actuator rod by inserting a balloon and inflating it. also required some software fix.
!!!!
yet another stupid cost cutting measure huh
Hope ur car is all fixed
Appreciate 1
francton126.50
      04-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #167
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by francton View Post
!!!!
yet another stupid cost cutting measure huh
Hope ur car is all fixed
yes it was fixed. but was so stressful. my 320d was just a month old. I did not want to get it towed. was an a Sunday evening, so first drove home. dealer is 35 km away. fuel level showed range of 75 km, but just 5 Lt of diesel. drove on eco pro for the first and only time and reached the dealer with just 2 Lt left in the tank! high economy diesel saved the day!

I complained to BMW Australia and also wrote to Germany. standard response that they will pass on my feedback to the product team
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #168
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
M340i, November 2020 build. I bought it in Feb 2021, as a demo model with 3500k on it.

i run mine on 40 all round. recommended pressure is 33 for normal load which I think it's too low. manufacturers always recommend lower pressure for comfort reasons.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 04:58 AM   #169
SRSR333
sc_ramjet
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 318i Sport

I live in a pretty hot and humid country, so external condensation is very obvious.

For reasons only BMW knows, it has placed an air conditioning vent directly below the windscreen on the G20, and worse, the automatic AC profile vents cold air directly onto the windscreen above it.

As such, the outside surface of the middle part of the windscreen gets very cold, and after a moderately long drive, there's always an oval of condensation that forms outside that can only be gotten rid of by manually engaging the wipers. It comes back very quickly, of course, because humidity is often above 85% where I am. Does anyone else notice this? It ranges from mild annoyance to non-insignificant safety shortcoming that I'd like to see fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 07:46 PM   #170
FlyFastLiveSlow
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Today I had no control over the bluetooth or wifi in my 2020 330i. I deleted the car from my known Bluetooth connections on my phone, had it start scanning, and the car did not show up at all. I did the remote software upgrade a month or so ago. I called BMW Assistance but didn't get much help. It's Sunday so the "geniuses" aren't working. She did say, however, there are know glitches with the upgrade.

As advised in another thread, I did the trick of holding the volume down for 70 seconds then restarting the car and it seemed to fix the problem. My bluetooth and new Android Auto functionality seem to be working fine.

Side note - This is my first BMW and I bought it slightly used. I didn't realize that what I consider to be basic electronics such as bluetooth are part of a service package that will expire in 2024. Am I going to have to buy new services then just so I can keep using bluetooth? My 2012 Dodge pickup has less glitchy connectivity and I've never had to sign up for any service. I must say I'm not completely thrilled with my BMW experience so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 07:32 AM   #171
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Bridgestone - Rear are 255/35 and front 225/40
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #172
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

@FlyFastLiveSlow I don't think the Bluetooth connectivity is subscription based, but the services like weather, news, RTti, concierge etc are, and need renewal in 3 years. U can have a look in the connected drive portal for more details
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50
      04-13-2021, 05:04 AM   #173
GTR33R
Private
Rep

Quote:
Bridgestone - Rear are 255/35 and front 225/40
I didn't mean what size they are as they are all the same on the M340X. I meant what type of Bridgestones . Interesting to know , I thought they all came with Sport 4S. Mine is April 20 build, bought new June 20.
Maybe they changed tyres later?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 05:25 AM   #174
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Car is currently with BMW with rattles galore. They said they have repaired them and I will be collecting the car then. The rattles were:

1. Behind instrument cluster
2. Sunroof rattle. Apparently they lubed it up.
3. Rattle near the seatbelt. Clips not clicked in fully
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #175
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasMarbleMeow View Post
Car is currently with BMW with rattles galore. They said they have repaired them and I will be collecting the car then. The rattles were:

1. Behind instrument cluster
2. Sunroof rattle. Apparently they lubed it up.
3. Rattle near the seatbelt. Clips not clicked in fully
I've found that my rattles and squeaks went away after time.

Gummipfleger and felt or moleskin tape are the best to fix all that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #176
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
I have the same issue. Not only annoying as hell but dangerous on my roads. It seems they enabled that permanently from July 2020 cars. Those whose cars are manufactured prior to that day even when they upgrade i Drive, they do not get that issue. I guess BMW change something for a car profile. I still consider this an issue. In my case I also disabled door lock after departure and it came back as enabled twice within last week. I just hope it is a software bug. A dealer told me it will be like that. That said during the trial a guy from a dealership unticked the box and it stayed like that after engine start. Thus once I was in the car and wanted to leave it was ticked again. Very disappointed with this.
Tried saving to your user profile associated with each key?
Appreciate 0