Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Average wait time from order?

04-29-2021, 09:31 PM   #23
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul.r View Post
There's something quite exciting about tracking and awaiting a custom build. A car that is built to specifications that you would've played around several times in your head, built in a factory several thousand miles away, transported half way across the globe in a cargo ship, destined to be driven by you.

Finally there is the anticipation of welcoming it in the middle of a raging pandemic in other parts of the world.
Yep, I know exactly what you mean and are going through.
I ordered my car in Nov 2019, and asked for a Jan 2020 build date.
It was delivered 3rd April..........basically 5 months from order to delivery (but 2 of those months at my instruction).
The worst time is after it has docked in Australia and waiting on Customs, Prixcar and PDI. The excitement and frustration build in equal amounts!
But it’s all worth it in the end when you drive that shiny beast out of the dealership for the first time!
      04-30-2021, 05:43 AM   #24
Enobar
Rep
Drives: BMW M340xi M-Performance

I’ve also ordered mine from interstate, so I have the added complication of needing to guess when it’ll get here and book flights to drive it home.

On the bright side... what better way to welcome the new wheels than a drive along the great ocean rd to get home??
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:02 PM   #25
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
I’ve also ordered mine from interstate, so I have the added complication of needing to guess when it’ll get here and book flights to drive it home.

On the bright side... what better way to welcome the new wheels than a drive along the great ocean rd to get home??
Oh yeah! What a road!
What a fantastic way to break-in the new beast.
You will absolutely love it!
      04-06-2022, 01:26 AM   #26
Hover Tension
Registered
Rep
Drives: M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantStrawberry View Post
Anyone else waiting on a 4 Series from Germany? I ordered a 420i back in January and was given an April 9 build slot. According to the dealer it is at the port waiting for a ship but I should have it late May/early June. Looking at the shipping schedules though I can't see it getting here before late June.
I ordered my 440 in mid Jan was informed the build date would be Feb, it then slid right to mid March, then 2 weeks to 4 April, now a further 6 week delay. No reason supplied by the dealer however, I have read BMW did stop production due to supply shortages, not sure length of the storage. Also the Ukrain war is having an effect, I believe neon as well as metals used in the catalytic converter come from there, also wireing harness’s come from there.
Appreciate 0