Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions It arrived today!!!

12-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #23
MBM340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340 RWD

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerMytlas View Post
I personally would never buy this M340, when I was scouting for mine I told dealer that I want every single feature in this car... if I want some simple car I would just go buy a renault or ford or something not premium.
Anyway thats my opinion you are free to disagree
Sure, and if I had an unlimited budget that would be my choice too. This isn't "just" a simple car, it is an M340. If I wanted a simple car I would have purchased a "Ford" or something too LOL.

I have a number of vehicles and they all cost money, so I suppose if I only had one or two it would have been in the cards to do that, but as I mentioned, I don't give two shits about the things I don't have on this car. If you require a heated steering wheel or a vibrating seat than you probably don't need a car you need a couch.

You are free to buy whatever car you want, so if you want one with everything that the company provides, have at it. I don't need or want all of that stuff so why would I pay more for it?

Last edited by MBM340; 12-09-2020 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #24
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

You'd buy a Renault because a M340 is missing a fuckin 360 camera and a heads up display?

You are a troll for sure, and I'm positive you cannot afford a M340 either based off your post. What a clown, I despise people like you. Let him enjoy his new ride.
Appreciate 3
MBM3401026.00
ArchJR204.50
      12-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #25
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM340 View Post
Quote:
I personally would never buy this M340, when I was scouting for mine I told dealer that I want every single feature in this car... if I want some simple car I would just go buy a renault or ford or something not premium.
Sure, and if I had an unlimited budget that would be my choice too. This isn't "just" a simple car, it is an M340. If I wanted a simple car I would have purchased a "Ford" or something too LOL.

I have a number of vehicles and they call cost money, so I suppose if I only had one or two it would have been in the cards to do that, but as I mentioned, I don't give two shits about the things I don't have on this car. If you require a heated steering wheel or a vibrating seat than you probably don't need a car you need a couch.

You are free to buy whatever car you want, so if you want one with everything that the company provides, have at it. I don't need or want all of that stuff so why would I pay more for it?
He's got to be trolling man. Congrats on the beautiful car. Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
MBM3401026.00
      12-09-2020, 11:32 PM   #26
MBM340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
You'd buy a Renault because a M340 is missing a fuckin 360 camera and a heads up display?

You are a troll for sure, and I'm positive you cannot afford a M340 either based off your post. What a clown, I despise people like you. Let him enjoy his new ride.
I noticed that shortly after I responded. Troll for sure.
      12-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #27
bimmerMytlas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340XI G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post

Actually I have FULL M340... but ok I'm a clown for wanting THE PREMIUM from BMW, not just BMW... if you want just BMW, buy 320D why M340?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #28
bimmerMytlas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340XI G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM340 View Post
I noticed that shortly after I responded. Troll for sure.
I'm not trolling at all just giving my opinion... Thats how I feel about premium brands and their most powerful models.
Congrats on your car.. it's just I don't understand those kind of people you spare like 10k USD while this car cost already what ? 60k in your country? Get full spec enjoy the car. If you want some base model just go for 320 or renault .. no joke here..

But ye it's your choice, it's bad that BMW actually giving the option to choose what to have in the car... it's M performance model which should come fully spec and that's it.. take for example AMG on mercedes, there is no AMG without full specs.

And btw sir, HUD(head up display) is one of the most freaking things you can get those days ... I even had that on my 2004 E60 BMW... I cannot imagine not having it in my M340.

AGAIN please, don't get offensive this is just my OPINION.

Enjoy your car and no bad feelings.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 09:38 PM   #29
MBM340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm not trolling at all just giving my opinion... Thats how I feel about premium brands and their most powerful models.
Congrats on your car.. it's just I don't understand those kind of people you spare like 10k USD while this car cost already what ? 60k in your country? Get full spec enjoy the car. If you want some base model just go for 320 or renault .. no joke here..

But ye it's your choice, it's bad that BMW actually giving the option to choose what to have in the car... it's M performance model which should come fully spec and that's it.. take for example AMG on mercedes, there is no AMG without full specs.

And btw sir, HUD(head up display) is one of the most freaking things you can get those days ... I even had that on my 2004 E60 BMW... I cannot imagine not having it in my M340.

AGAIN please, don't get offensive this is just my OPINION.

Enjoy your car and no bad feelings.
Fair enough...but realize everything has a price. I can see your perspective but you are missing the point. Yes, sticker on the car was ~60 but fully loaded would be ~70. BIG difference. That is more than 10% more. At this price point that is a lot.
BMW should probably have more of the options as standard on many of the cars they sell...I agree with you on that.
      12-11-2020, 10:11 PM   #30
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

...it's bad that BMW actually giving the option to choose what to have in the car... it's M performance model which should come fully spec and that's it.. take for example AMG on mercedes, there is no AMG without full specs
Actually, here in the U.S., one of the things Bimmer fans like best is that BMW lets you choose quite a few options individually. They would prefer that BMWNA have fewer option packages and more individual option choices.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

12-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #31
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
I am quite the opposite and buy these cars for performance and driving enjoyment, not luxury and toys.
When I got my F80, the only one on the lot they had was loaded with Exec package, and all the goodies. Told them, take all that out or I am not paying for it. In the end, bought it for $10k off...
The G20 I got has all I wanted and still turns out that the beauty is about the engine, transmission, decent brakes and decent tires...
All the rest is a fluff that BMW loves to sell you because that is where they make big $$
Appreciate 1
MBM3401026.00
      12-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #32
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

And that is what makes the ability to add, or not add, options to a BMW so important. The same vehicle can appeal to so many different consumers and uses. I’m a check all the boxes kind of guy because I want all the toys, technology and features but for others it is just as satisfying and appropriate to have the base model.
Appreciate 1
MBM3401026.00
      12-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #33
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Nice to know that you wouldn't buy this car. Someone else already did. FFS I get that this is a forum for opinions but no need to post everything that comes into your head, especially in a thread where someone is sharing joy in getting their new car.

To OP, congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it.
Appreciate 3
MBM3401026.00
cedric4.00
      12-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #34
MBM340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
Nice to know that you wouldn't buy this car. Someone else already did. FFS I get that this is a forum for opinions but no need to post everything that comes into your head, especially in a thread where someone is sharing joy in getting their new car.

To OP, congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it.
Thanks, and I will.
      12-13-2020, 08:13 PM   #35
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Since you are so into opinions, here is another one for you: Your opinion is lame and obnoxious.

Let the man enjoy his car.

He got a very well equipped car, by no means a stripped down model at all. You act like he got some 320 rental car spec. Everyone has preferences, for example, I don't like heads up display, and 360 camera I also don't care about, either. In fact, I'd rather not have either of those specific options they feel gimmicky/novelty to me. And I have cars with and without. Others might not. Heated steering wheel I love but that is just me. But I am not going out and criticizing someone for their choices either, especially when they just got a brand new (very nice) car.

It is called subjectivity.

So yeah, people differ from you. Mind your business and enjoy your own car. OP, love the Alpine White and overall color combo.