Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

10-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #7393
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Can only guess that they were stealing smaller qtys at a time, maybe from work, and selling them to restaurants at a price undercutting distributors.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #7394
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
Can only guess that they were stealing smaller qtys at a time, maybe from work, and selling them to restaurants at a price undercutting distributors.
Negative. It was actually $65k, 10 pallets, loaded into a rented box truck. Happened in 2013 in Atlanta.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #7395
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Back when I was in college, a tractor-trailer loaded with beer was stolen from the local distributor's warehouse yard in the middle of the night.

My physics lab partner lived on a farm with plenty of room to hide a truck, drove the farm's tractor-trailers around the fields since he was old enough to see over the dashboard, and, umm, had a taste for beer.

I jokingly asked him where he put the stolen truck in lab the next week. His answer was that if he had a truck full of beer at his disposal that he most certainly would *not* be in class for a month or so.

FYI, the missing truck was never found.....
Dang3r12503.00
      10-18-2020, 06:46 PM   #7396
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
I have a couple of young millennial friends... all I got to say is glad I'm married and will do just about anything possible to stay married cause I'm way to scared of being single in today's environment...
Well these days it's sexual abuse to even think of asking a girl to go for a drink
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      10-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #7397
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I frankly miss being single because it's one less thing to deal with. But on the flip side I don't miss being single because I really don't want to go back to the chase...
So your last post is now 6 days away, did you got laid since and since you are no longer single...ey?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #7398
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
So your last post is now 6 days away, did you got laid since and since you are no longer single...ey?
Nope, I am still a taken man. I don't find it right to see other people when I'm in a relationship - she's 2000 miles away if I wanted to I feel like I could've easily, I just don't like that.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614882.00
Dang3r12503.00
      10-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #7399
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Oh, I wouldnt insist into your private life, please take my apoligies for that.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #7400
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Nope, I am still a taken man. I don't find it right to see other people when I'm in a relationship - she's 2000 miles away if I wanted to I feel like I could've easily, I just don't like that.
Are you sure she's not getting laid?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #7401
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Are you sure she's not getting laid?
"Trust, but check."

I have no way of 100% knowing, valid point, but I don't see it as a thing she'd do. Plus, if she does - that's on her. I said what I said because I personally don't feel right doing it. If she finds it okay, she can handle her issues on her own. But I won't stick around for that.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #7402
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Neither has any bullet wounds, so no argument
No stitches? No plaster? No gunfire? No argument.
      11-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #7403
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I can see where you're going with this. A better analogy should have been used here. Perhaps this may be my problem, i don't really look for fulfillment anywhere.....except maybe when I'm driving.

As for missing being single, I'll add more to this later. I think it's best that I keep certain things under my hat for now pertaining to my situation. But for you good sir, it is possible to be single and not be on the chase. There's a certain peace that comes with it, but there are also sacrifices one must make to obtain said peace.....usually that sacrifice is also a piece.

I haven't mentioned here yet, but the talk went smoothly Saturday night. A bit uncomfortable as one might expect, but we both recognize that we have things to work on, not for each other per se; but for ourselves. This is all I feel that needs mentioning at this point, there will be more to come.
It is indeed possible to be single and not be "on the chase." Or at least not be consumed by it.

Through the '80s (when I was in my 20's) my 5 or 6 closest friends (all motorheads) and I were intensely competitive and career-focused and mutually supportive; we inadvertently became a "boys' club" where, without any official declaration or fanfare, we all gravitated toward focusing on our careers and "doing guy stuff" and tacitly acknowledged that we weren't going to see much action on the dating front. One of the gang went through med school and his surgical residency and has a successful general surgery practice. Another guy and his brother set up a tire wholesale business. I took on a pivotal role in my family business. Three of us bought a cast-off dragster on a lark and campaigned it on the NHRA circuit to mixed results and a bunch of stories.

We spent countless hours being guys together; talking smack, bench racing, wrenching on cars, getting in heated discussions that sometimes turned to fisticuffs, drinking oceans of booze, and creating mayhem whenever/wherever we got the urge (Edgar Winter, Green Pyramid, 50 rounds of .357 ammo, and a school bus; that's all I'll say).

Those guys are on speed-dial to this day; one particular member and I have been each others' best men at our weddings.

Flash forward several years; I went through a disastrous breakup in '93 and decided that I'd had enough of the romantic chase for a while and that I'd try chasing a better version of myself instead. I poured myself into cycling and through that had an athletic renaissance that was really rewarding. I made a whole new set of lifelong friends and gained a lot of confidence in my ability to suffer, compete, and transcend.

Were there times in any of this where I found myself wishing that I had a girlfriend? Sure. Fuck yeah. But in most of those moments, I looked at the freedom I'd had and all the stories I'd gathered and the camaraderie I'd enjoyed and it seemed like a pretty good deal all-round. Still does.
cmyx6go15560.00
      11-16-2020, 10:20 AM   #7404
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It is indeed possible to be single and not be "on the chase." Or at least not be consumed by it.

Through the '80s (when I was in my 20's) my 5 or 6 closest friends (all motorheads) and I were intensely competitive and career-focused and mutually supportive; we inadvertently became a "boys' club" where, without any official declaration or fanfare, we all gravitated toward focusing on our careers and "doing guy stuff" and tacitly acknowledged that we weren't going to see much action on the dating front. One of the gang went through med school and his surgical residency and has a successful general surgery practice. Another guy and his brother set up a tire wholesale business. I took on a pivotal role in my family business. Three of us bought a cast-off dragster on a lark and campaigned it on the NHRA circuit to mixed results and a bunch of stories.

We spent countless hours being guys together; talking smack, bench racing, wrenching on cars, getting in heated discussions that sometimes turned to fisticuffs, drinking oceans of booze, and creating mayhem whenever/wherever we got the urge (Edgar Winter, Green Pyramid, 50 rounds of .357 ammo, and a school bus; that's all I'll say).

Those guys are on speed-dial to this day; one particular member and I have been each others' best men at our weddings.

Flash forward several years; I went through a disastrous breakup in '93 and decided that I'd had enough of the romantic chase for a while and that I'd try chasing a better version of myself instead. I poured myself into cycling and through that had an athletic renaissance that was really rewarding. I made a whole new set of lifelong friends and gained a lot of confidence in my ability to suffer, compete, and transcend.

Were there times in any of this where I found myself wishing that I had a girlfriend? Sure. Fuck yeah. But in most of those moments, I looked at the freedom I'd had and all the stories I'd gathered and the camaraderie I'd enjoyed and it seemed like a pretty good deal all-round. Still does.
Spoken like a true champion of life! Well done sir!
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #7405
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
If you make a good egg dish for a girl or some steam some crab (buy at 99ranch). She will love you. Im TELLIN Yah
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2020, 01:23 AM   #7406
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Thinking of dating my wife again. Usually we'd have date night once a month. Watch a movie. Pop corn. To be honest it's starting to feel the same. We used to go places. Do things. Yesterday I took her to the mall. Bought her some new sketchers and she was happy. Something we haven't done in years. Both of us were thinking it was good to mix it up. She enjoyed it. Now I'm thinking about what else we can do other than beach walks. More dates.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #7407
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Thinking of dating my wife again. Usually we'd have date night once a month. Watch a movie. Pop corn. To be honest it's starting to feel the same. We used to go places. Do things. Yesterday I took her to the mall. Bought her some new sketchers and she was happy. Something we haven't done in years. Both of us were thinking it was good to mix it up. She enjoyed it. Now I'm thinking about what else we can do other than beach walks. More dates.
Interesting. My husband and I were talking about this type of thing a few hours ago. His friend called yesterday because he needed help fixing his boat. He proceeds to tell my husband he's tired of not doing anything with his wife (they have 3 kids). Their oldest 6 year old runs the household. He said he hired a babysitter and they were going for a boat ride today. A front is coming through so it's windy and chilly. Not a day for a boat ride. I told my husband. Does he really think that's what his wife wants to do on her first day without the 3 kids in almost a year?

It's so easy to get into the mundane routine of life and stop putting in the effort like when you were dating. I know I'm guilty of it.
Appreciate 3
      12-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #7408
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I'm in Cali, there isn't much opportunity for a date right now.

Last night, I drove my wife over to her aunt's house, so we could inspect the plumbing work we are paying for while the aunt is recuperating from a broken hip in a rest home.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #7409
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Shit, at this point I'd be happy just to be able to have a conversation with the girlfriend that doesn't end an argument. We have entered troubled waters and trying to fix things. Advise is, as always, appreciated.

Back story, everything was great until last weekend. We ran into some issues that weren't really issues, but the handling of said non-issues created massive issues. As of now, we officially broke up last Sunday. We have talked and drove each other insane for over a week now. It's crazy how quickly shit gets out of hand, over nothing.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #7410
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Shit, at this point I'd be happy just to be able to have a conversation with the girlfriend that doesn't end an argument. We have entered troubled waters and trying to fix things. Advise is, as always, appreciated.

Back story, everything was great until last weekend. We ran into some issues that weren't really issues, but the handling of said non-issues created massive issues. As of now, we officially broke up last Sunday. We have talked and drove each other insane for over a week now. It's crazy how quickly shit gets out of hand, over nothing.
obviously some1 blew things out of proportions, now we cant go back and fix things that would be too easy.
So move forward, ask her if she's happy being your girl or not.
come clean and tell her how you feel about her. if you cant or she cant then its time to move on, it may be hard in beginning.
if not, you will be on and off for years to come.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      12-15-2020, 10:44 AM   #7411
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Sounds like there's at least one issue that's lurking beneath the surface and pissing off one or both of you but the issue(s) haven't surfaced yet, so you're talking and arguing about something else as a proxy of sorts, or a distraction. Maybe one or both of you have some unmet expectations. Maybe someone's upset about something they haven't yet been able to articulate. In my own experience when I'm arguing over seemingly everything and nothing, there's something that's pissing me off that I haven't been able to identify or articulate yet.
King Rudi13152.00
      12-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #7412
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like there's at least one issue that's lurking beneath the surface and pissing off one or both of you but the issue(s) haven't surfaced yet, so you're talking and arguing about something else as a proxy of sorts, or a distraction. Maybe one or both of you have some unmet expectations. Maybe someone's upset about something they haven't yet been able to articulate. In my own experience when I'm arguing over seemingly everything and nothing, there's something that's pissing me off that I haven't been able to identify or articulate yet.
The lack of communication is what gets me. Then when I try to explain how the lack of communication causes problems, then suddenly I'm an asshole. She's made it clear that she wants to be with me, but rather than talk things out and move on, she refuses to tell me what's bothering her, let's it escalate to a point where she is upset and I'm upset because she won't discuss it with me (or waits for a week or more). By the time I actually find out what's bothering her, I'm pretty well pissed off about the entire situation. Odd behavior from a couple that never had an argument for the first 3 1/2 years.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #7413
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:

There was an old Himalayan Yogi I met in my travels to India. He said two souls argue and shout at each other because they are distant. So they are actually shouting across a distance to be closer. What will bring you closer? People get their wires crossed. Thich Nhat Hahn a Buddhist monk said it best: "Are you sure?" So when the mind goes off on one about how she hates you or thinks you are a waste of time... is it true? Can you evidence it? The other thing is asking someone: "What can I do to make your day better?" You've probably done the apology thing unless the dust has settled. Couples argue all the time. Sometimes it can feel never ending and you might feel beat up thinking it's you or you'll never find someone... sometimes people need a breather.

You haven't stated whether you miss her and want to make a go of things. Do you? Did you enjoy her company? Did she make you a better person?

Relationships are hard:

Don't lose yourself in it though. Women come and go (or men for some). Take some headspace. Reflect on it. Pray on it if that's your thing. Give her some space. If you miss her send her some flowers. She might come back. She might not. Accept whatever happens and flow with it. Relationships are shit if you have to force them. That's a relationshit! Take some time out for yourself.

Here's hoping you get some makeup sex and if not then hey I heard Santa has three ho's!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907380.00
      12-15-2020, 11:14 AM   #7414
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
In my own experience when I'm arguing over seemingly everything and nothing, there's something that's pissing me off that I haven't been able to identify or articulate yet.
Its that you are an asshole and you are bothered by that realization so you are burying it deep in your subconscious. That's what you haven't been able to identify or articulate yet. I'm just being helpful here. Next time, just tell her that you are an asshole and you'll be amazed at how quickly you two find common ground to start from!

(But its true, I find that with myself too...I know little bits and pieces of what is bothering me, but it doesn't seem like any of them individually justify why I'm taking the scorched earth course of action I'm currently taking.)

Quote:
The lack of communication is what gets me. Then when I try to explain how the lack of communication causes problems, then suddenly I'm an asshole. She's made it clear that she wants to be with me, but rather than talk things out and move on, she refuses to tell me what's bothering her, let's it escalate to a point where she is upset and I'm upset because she won't discuss it with me (or waits for a week or more). By the time I actually find out what's bothering her, I'm pretty well pissed off about the entire situation. Odd behavior from a couple that never had an argument for the first 3 1/2 years.
Ah, communication. I cannot stress how important I think that is. And if it isn't occurring, well, that's a big deal I think. But I don't know (aside from what you've already done) how to show her why it is so important.

I too prefer to deal with the issue that night, though I've learned that this will almost never happen. Seems to need to "season" for a few days, then we discuss. And by discuss, I don't always mean calmly. I've also learned that when I bring up a perceived slight that bothered me, there was something I did before that which caused her to act the way she did...so there is little point in bringing up issues unless I wish to engage in a fight. Which, sometimes, I do. Because ultimately, behaviour does change, to some degree. Its just I have to go through the fight first. Which I don't enjoy.

I don't know - good luck, I hope she is able to recognize how important this is to you, but since I'm somewhat in the same boat and been beating my head against a wall it feels like, I'm not overly hopeful. You find something that works, do let me know!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00