Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) What is needed to swap regular LED headlights with Laser headlights?

08-31-2021, 03:46 PM   #1
NielsSchutte
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

What is needed to swap regular LED headlights with Laser headlights?

Hi alp,

I am new on this forum and I've just purchased myself a BMW G20 330i. One (in my opinion) downside about this car are the standard LED headlights (attachment 1). I would like to swap these headlights with the Laser headlights if this is possible..To make further steps and buying these lights I would like to know what technical adjustments are needed for the replacement. I've summarized the following questions:

1. Can I use my current module of my standard LED headlight for the Laser headlight? If not I would have to buy the Laser headlight with module included, correct?

2. Is there any programming needed if any of the cases in question 1 is true?

Thanks in advance,

Niels
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NielsSchutte View Post
Hi alp,

I am new on this forum and I've just purchased myself a BMW G20 330i. One (in my opinion) downside about this car are the standard LED headlights (attachment 1). I would like to swap these headlights with the Laser headlights if this is possible..To make further steps and buying these lights I would like to know what technical adjustments are needed for the replacement. I've summarized the following questions:

1. Can I use my current module of my standard LED headlight for the Laser headlight? If not I would have to buy the Laser headlight with module included, correct?

2. Is there any programming needed if any of the cases in question 1 is true?

Thanks in advance,

Niels
Also very curious about this. I'd do this upgrade in a heartbeat
Appreciate 0