Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) BMW M-Performance Interior Trim

07-24-2020, 02:10 AM   #45
robertpetrea23
Rep
Drives: 330xi G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsapper View Post
Have you had the replacement trim fitted yet?
Just had it done today. Same issue. Asked for money back and re-install of original trim. Shame
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #46
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
Not had mine checked yet. It seems to be a production issue then. If they can't sort mine I will ask for a partial refund as I can live with the way my interior looks

Last edited by Xsapper; 01-11-2022 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #47
PortoBlue330i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Do you think this trim can retrofit ambient lighting to a model without? I’ve been looking for a way to add ambient lighting for months.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #48
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Not hade mine checked yet. It seems to be a production issue then. If they can't sort mine I will ask for a partial refund as I can live with the way my interior looks
How did you get on with this?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 03:35 AM   #49
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
How did you get on with this?
Dealer stripped the trim out, checked it and replaced the original trim. Said it was ok and just the way the light reflects from it. I don't think they would have replaced it as I fitted it myself. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much and I do like the carbon interior so was never going back to the standard trim. A bonus was that they recoded the vehicle to the latest software.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #50
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Dealer stripped the trim out, checked it and replaced the original trim. Said it was ok and just the way the light reflects from it. I don't think they would have replaced it as I fitted it myself. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much and I do like the carbon interior so was never going back to the standard trim. A bonus was that they recoded the vehicle to the latest software.
I think your right that given they did not fit would not have replaced it unless you pushed for it.

The main question is, which I think you have kind of already answered, is do you agree with them?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 02:43 AM   #51
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Do I agree with them? If you look at the pics I took you can clearly see a stop/start and I know its there, however it must be a manufacturing/quality issue which I can personally live with therefore I agree with their decision.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 03:33 PM   #52
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Do I agree with them? If you look at the pics I took you can clearly see a stop/start and I know its there, however it must be a manufacturing/quality issue which I can personally live with therefore I agree with their decision.
If your happy that's all that matters but for me it would be something that would bother me so unless I was given some further £ off I'm not sure I could live with it unless it's not as bad as seems when seen in person. Other than that as I've said before I think the trim looks great
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #53
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Gents, sorry to bring this thread back to life but I am curious as to whether the carbon trim is the same as what is available now on the configurator (in the UK anyway)

The pictures there make it look like a gloss trim whereas your M Performance one looks matte.

I am in the process of finalising my spec having placed an order for a G21 M340i so would appreciate your feedback.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #54
GusL
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
Gents, sorry to bring this thread back to life but I am curious as to whether the carbon trim is the same as what is available now on the configurator (in the UK anyway)

The pictures there make it look like a gloss trim whereas your M Performance one looks matte.

I am in the process of finalising my spec having placed an order for a G21 M340i so would appreciate your feedback.
Hi P-ToK,

I believe the trim available from the factory is different from the M-Performance carbon fibre discussed in this thread. The factory CF like you said is a gloss finish, look at the interior of an M3 or M4 and it's the same gloss finish.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 08:53 PM   #55
330iToy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 M3 Space Gray

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just installed mine today. Extremely carefully. My ambient lighting is not working on the dash panel. Are some M Performance kits made without ambient lighting? I only saw one part number. It almost looked like the parts were different from original dash to the MPerformance where the little bulbs are. Any ideas? I ordered from the Netherlands. I am in US.

Edit: fiber optic is there, but my local dealer said they have to be coded. Appt on Tuesday. Thankfully it will be free. Never would I think it needed to be coded.
      08-24-2021, 01:48 AM   #56
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
330iToy, what was the part number of the trim you fitted?

The trim I fitted (51 95 2 466 892) did not need to be coded
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 03:38 AM   #57
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

PM'd.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #58
330iToy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Quote:

PM'd.
Hi it was the complete kit. Part# 51952466891. Once it got coded it worked perfect. Took 5 minutes. Of course the "start/stop" through an error because I have it coded off. The Service Manager told the tech to leave everything the same because he knew I turn it off and so much more. I Love the carbon fiber. I wish it was like the older set though. Where the M Performance was sewn into the dash. I think the metal plate looks cheap. The center console looks really great. They actually called it "initialized". Not sure the difference. My Service Manager said it was because of my build date, 05/21. Even on realoem.com it says it needs to be coded when you look up the part number. Crazy and I seriously thought it was plug and play. That much money it should be. My Service Manager and Senior Tech did it for free. Thankful I am tight with him. Now if I could only get around being flagged if I tune it. Hope I posted the right pictures. I have a bunch. I could hook the one that came with it snd it would light up. Hook up the carbon fiber and nothing. I actually thought it was broken at first or I did something wrong. Thanks to Xsapper and everyone on this post it was easy to hook up. Thank you everyone again. Sorry for such a late reply. I don't get notifications from Bimmerpost for some reason.
Attached Images

Xsapper230.00
xsiv241.50
m340ninja274.50
      01-19-2022, 03:31 AM   #59
xsiv24
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Luxury

Hello 330iToy,

I just took over a 320i which has the same M Performance Trim installed, and not surprisingly, has the same issue of the bright burst of light in the middle and everything to the left of it being dimmer.
If i understand correctly, you managed to code it to work? Would you mind sharing a little more of what you actually coded to see if i can try that as a fix? Thanks so much! Really appreciate it as i'm going crazy here..

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iToy View Post
Hi it was the complete kit. Part# 51952466891. Once it got coded it worked perfect. Took 5 minutes. Of course the "start/stop" through an error because I have it coded off. The Service Manager told the tech to leave everything the same because he knew I turn it off and so much more. I Love the carbon fiber. I wish it was like the older set though. Where the M Performance was sewn into the dash. I think the metal plate looks cheap. The center console looks really great. They actually called it "initialized". Not sure the difference. My Service Manager said it was because of my build date, 05/21. Even on realoem.com it says it needs to be coded when you look up the part number. Crazy and I seriously thought it was plug and play. That much money it should be. My Service Manager and Senior Tech did it for free. Thankful I am tight with him. Now if I could only get around being flagged if I tune it. Hope I posted the right pictures. I have a bunch. I could hook the one that came with it snd it would light up. Hook up the carbon fiber and nothing. I actually thought it was broken at first or I did something wrong. Thanks to Xsapper and everyone on this post it was easy to hook up. Thank you everyone again. Sorry for such a late reply. I don't get notifications from Bimmerpost for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:37 PM   #60
330iToy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiv24 View Post
Hello 330iToy,

I just took over a 320i which has the same M Performance Trim installed, and not surprisingly, has the same issue of the bright burst of light in the middle and everything to the left of it being dimmer.
If i understand correctly, you managed to code it to work? Would you mind sharing a little more of what you actually coded to see if i can try that as a fix? Thanks so much! Really appreciate it as i'm going crazy here..

Cheers!

Quote:
Hi xsiv24,

I am not sure what was coded. I had to take it to my local Dealer and they coded it for me. It totally did not make sense to me. Most people it is just plug and play and no problems. I am friends with my Service Manager and he took care of it in less than 20 mins. If you have a Dealer close I would ask them. It has a 2 year warranty if you bought it from an authorized BMW Dealer/Retailer. I actually bought mine from the Netherlands because it was a few hundred US dollars cheaper. I think the price went up now. I wish I had more info for you.
      01-19-2022, 05:28 PM   #61
xsiv24
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Luxury

Quote:
Hi xsiv24,

I am not sure what was coded. I had to take it to my local Dealer and they coded it for me. It totally did not make sense to me. Most people it is just plug and play and no problems. I am friends with my Service Manager and he took care of it in less than 20 mins. If you have a Dealer close I would ask them. It has a 2 year warranty if you bought it from an authorized BMW Dealer/Retailer. I actually bought mine from the Netherlands because it was a few hundred US dollars cheaper. I think the price went up now. I wish I had more info for you.
Thanks for the reply 330iToy,

My local BMW servicing center here in Singapore refuses to go near it even with a 10-foot pole even though it's an original M Performance part. They still consider it "aftermarket". Weird rules here. I guess my next best option is to dry carbon wrap the original piano black trim to somehow look like this one. The fault in the light is just too much to look at. If you ever get a chance to find out what they coded, please just ease my suffering.. Thank you..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 11:33 PM   #62
330iToy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Hi xsiv24,

My local BMW servicing center here in Singapore refuses to go near it even with a 10-foot pole even though it's an original M Performance part. They still consider it "aftermarket". Weird rules here. I guess my next best option is to dry carbon wrap the original piano black trim to somehow look like this one. The fault in the light is just too much to look at. If you ever get a chance to find out what they coded, please just ease my suffering.. Thank you..
Quote:
Quote:
Hi xsiv24,

That is terrible. If I remember the next time I see or talk to the Service Manager I will ask. Maybe it had to be recognized by the module. If I hooked up the old one it worked perfect. Have you tried that? Just to make sure all the connections were good. It was definitely coding. Maybe a local coder might know. It looks nice and the only part I don't like is that cheap metal "M Performance" plate. If it was embroidered like the F Series it would look better. It is quality though. I wish you luck. If I hear something I will pass it on.
Robert
      01-21-2022, 01:26 AM   #63
Oxidgrey_bmw_g21
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330i Xdrive

Hi
I got carbon fiber to.
I had the same problem with the ambientlight light burst. It was fitted by a BMW dealer.

I noticed this efter a while so I went over and got the whole piece replaced on warrenty.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 04:33 AM   #64
KingLuii718
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Does anyone know where i can get this trim or what the part number is ?

That will be nice upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 05:25 AM   #65
Oxidgrey_bmw_g21
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLuii718 View Post
Does anyone know where i can get this trim or what the part number is ?

That will be nice upgrade.
its the whole set.
carbon

the other parts is carbon paddles and the steeringwheel cover.

its swedish by the way...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 06:32 AM   #66
Gtjunior
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i g20

hello,
I got mine from a Bmw dealer in Germany (I live in Belgium) because it was cheaper.
After installation I also had the brightness problem, I contacted the dealer.
He told me that I could claim the warranty at my local dealership.
I didn't want to wait for the warranty return period and I checked where the problem could come from. on the photos you can see that there are two led modules, a gray and a violet. The problem comes from the gray which sends the light to the left, I recovered the one from the old trim and placed in the new one and no more brightness problem.
It may help some of you.
sorry for english if there are some mistakes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2