Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Yet another JB+ 330i Review

07-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #23
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
Thanks! It's pretty much all lining up now and makes sense.
My highway mileage is unchanged with JB+ at 2 o clock. Went for a 200 mile trip from seattle to Portland, averaged almost 37mpg in my 330i x drive.
Appreciate 1
Punkwrock118.50
      07-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #24
Punkwrock
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
Thanks! It's pretty much all lining up now and makes sense.
My highway mileage is unchanged with JB+ at 2 o clock. Went for a 200 mile trip from seattle to Portland, averaged almost 37mpg in my 330i x drive.
I've got mine set to 3 o'clock. I'll dial it down to two if it help. I find the 3 o'clock has really killed my gas mileage Even if I got super easy on er. My bootmod3 didn't do this
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 09:57 PM   #25
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Just put mine in today at the 2 o'clock setting, not sure if I feel a difference yet as I also had sport+ on for the first time so I'm going to give it a few days and see if things change.

How's the reliability been with everyone one with JB+ any issues/concerns? Also curious to hear from people that have had it on long term. I noticed my fan turn on after the car was off and the kidney grills open.

Lastly I read that even after removing the JB+ and taking the vehicle to service the dealer can detect it was on at some point, anyone have had this experience?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #26
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

VICG20M
I confirm to you that BMW if it looks will see directly that you have changed the ranges of origin and this without difficulty, you will lose therefore indeed all right to the guarantee
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #27
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davg31 View Post
VICG20M
I confirm to you that BMW if it looks will see directly that you have changed the ranges of origin and this without difficulty, you will lose therefore indeed all right to the guarantee
Great that's unfortunate. Hoping I'll be safe at the 1 o'clock setting and won't have issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 09:06 AM   #28
g20_shub
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
Does this not void your car warranty if something goes wrong, even if not connected
Ive thought about racechip but havent as worried about warranty issues
warranty is only affected if you the tuner damage other car components. Highly unlikely to happen with how conservative these tunes are. its proven safe by tens of thousands of users.
Would I be okay bringing in the car for service with a catless downpipe , charge pipe , and bm3 tune ? I'm on a lease and really want to modify the car but don't want it to be a issue with the dealership
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20_shub View Post
Would I be okay bringing in the car for service with a catless downpipe , charge pipe , and bm3 tune ? I'm on a lease and really want to modify the car but don't want it to be a issue with the dealership
it depends on the service, if they are not fixing a damage that might be linked to your mods then you should be fine

with that being said, I would flash the map back to stock just in case you got a bad service advisor

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #30
g20_shub
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw 330i

Quote:
Quote:
it depends on the service, if they are not fixing a damage that might be linked to your mods then you should be fine

with that being said, I would flash the map back to stock just in case you got a bad service advisor
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for the fast reply , but yea I meant like oil change service or what not. However even if I a flash the map back to stock , would they still be able to know the cars been tuned ? And would they say anything about the downpipe and charge pipe on the car ?? Appreciate the help, thank you again
Appreciate 0