Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Carbon carz parts

05-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #1
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with quality/ fitament and customer service of the carbon carz or automodz company for their parts?!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 09:38 PM   #2
jpowers36
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I'll let you know here soon. I bought a CF diamond grill from Carbon Carz on May 31st. I just hit them up today asking for an update as I haven't received any tracking info yet, which they are in the UK so not surprising I guess. Automodz have been the better choice since they are in CA but who knows.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
ALotOfKirbys
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 M340i xDrice

My experience wasn't that great, ordered the CS taillights from them and took a whole month to come into the US.

I'm not surprised because apparently they do not stock any of those items. They do what most online stores do which is "dropship". They'll take the order and have it shipped out from a distributor/manufacturer. Also guess where it came from? China.

The worst part is lack of communication from them, they never answer emails or reply on WhatsApp.
Appreciate 2
      06-30-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
jpowers36
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So a little update. I tried contacting them on WhatsApp on June 21st, no response. Hit them up on Instagram on June 25th, no response.

However, I just received tracking info today. So about a month to ship out.

Communication is lacking for sure. As long as the product arrives undamaged and looks good, I'll be happy. Having said that, I likely won't be buying anything from them in the future. I'll order from another place such as Automodz.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2021, 07:17 PM   #5
NoVaRob21
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440Xi and X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpowers36 View Post
So a little update. I tried contacting them on WhatsApp on June 21st, no response. Hit them up on Instagram on June 25th, no response.

However, I just received tracking info today. So about a month to ship out.

Communication is lacking for sure. As long as the product arrives undamaged and looks good, I'll be happy. Having said that, I likely won't be buying anything from them in the future. I'll order from another place such as Automodz.
My experience with Automodz was that it took about a month to get shipping info which is when the product hit stateside. Similar to what someone else stated, they seem to ship direct from the manufacturer in China and it sounded like they shipped from there and it took a while. Quality was solid when it arrived, but comms was definitely on the minimal side.
Appreciate 1
jpowers36218.00
      07-05-2021, 06:13 AM   #6
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

I do not recommend Carbon Carz. I ordered CF mirror caps and they were low quality. They are cheap, but I would spend money on a better product next time.
Attached Images

07-05-2021, 06:40 AM   #7
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw 330xi

bought my Oled type taillights from them
They def need to invest in customer service accessibility
Really hard to get a hold of, between Insta and WhatsApp
The product itself arrived in time with tracking number
I panicked initially because of severe fogging in the light after first wash
but went away and never came back since
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 09:11 PM   #8
jpowers36
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Forgot to update. Received my grill on July 7th. The grill seems to be pretty good quality and the carbon looks nearly perfect.

Note: I unclipped/removed the piece that was filling in the camera hole.

I'll be installing it whenever I get all of my other CF parts. I'll be doing PPF over as much of it as I can and doing my headlights.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #9
KyK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I bought from CarbonCarz and they sent me the wrong carbon mirror caps with no resolution to getting the ones that I ordered. I also ordered their interior carbon kit and it has some fitment issues. I would stay away.
Porsche 911 Carrera T (retired)
Appreciate 1
jpowers36218.00
      08-01-2021, 02:03 PM   #10
cywing1119
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with quality/ fitament and customer service of the carbon carz or automodz company for their parts?!
both of them are just china based vendor pretend to be a UK/Canada company, and their shipping speed is slow, take about 1.5-2 months to get here after your order is placed, if you have source direct from china, the price will be significance cheaper, and quailty isn't that good, rather just get it on eBay with similar price but faster shipping and better customer service
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 07:05 AM   #11
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I have bought from Carbon Carz before. In my opinion they are really good. They say they're based in the U.K. which I think is true but I believe they ship from Hong Kong, so it takes a while. I ordered a front splitter, rear diffuser, side skirts and a few other little bits from them for my M340i, I live in the U.K. I ordered it during Black Friday and got 20% off all items.

It took a couple weeks to arrive, but when it did it, it was well packed and protected. Everything was in good quality and condition.

The only problem that I had faced was the diffuser they had sent was for other G20 models (singular pipes on each side). I had contacted them via Instagram and they were very helpful. They told me to return it to their U.K. address, cost me £35 shipping, they had transferred that back to me once they confirmed shipping and they had refunded me promptly for the diffuser of its original full price (even though I had gotten 20% off) and they said I could reuse the 20% when the correct diffuser for the M340i comes back into stock.

Great people, great company. Would definitely recommend.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 09:26 PM   #12
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
I ordered carbon wing mirror covers from Carbon Carz Uk, waited 3 weeks received no shipping details, followed up and was then sent shipping details which upon checking I found was provided incorrectly. Queried this only to be told my order hadn't been shipped and the actual product was supposed to be more than twice the price (430 British Pounds), told them to keep it and to process a refund. I then ordered the carbon mirror covers from Automodz, similar story shipping details provided after 3 weeks and when I eventually received them the right side was larger than the left side (pics attached), and was of bad quality. Again had to contact and get a refund. I wouldn't recommend rolling the dice with either, customer service is lacking, shipping times are way too long and the quality is questionable.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #13
Swagasaurus-R3X
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

My experience was pretty bad.

Ordered through WhatsApp, they were very chatty about my order and took the money out of my account quickly. After I placed the order, a few weeks went by and no updates. At about a month I reached out to them through WhatsApp and Instagram and of course no reply. I ended up reaching out to the G20 Instagram page, who previously featured their products, and they were able to contact them and had them reach out to me. The owner of CarbonCarz said that there was some quality control issues with the carbon grill and I went ahead and waited. Another two weeks passed and no updates were given. Tried to reach out again and nothing. I then did a bunch of research on the company and found out it's some 20 year old who just buys parts from China, more than likely Alibaba, as a majority of their inventory was the same as Alibaba's. I ended up calling my bank and had to have them retrieve the funds for me. The owner didn't even refund the full amount, there was a "conversion error" from Euro to USD and my bank settled it out.

Highly recommend to stay away from CarbonCarz even though their product pictures look juicy.
Appreciate 2
      09-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #14
Punkwrock
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i-X

I ordered paddle shifter extenders a week ago from Automodz and i am in Canada. No order confirmation e-mail, no shipping notification....basically ghosted. I will be sending an email to them today to see what is going on. I will update.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 10:42 AM   #15
ko450
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21.M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
I ordered paddle shifter extenders a week ago from Automodz and i am in Canada. No order confirmation e-mail, no shipping notification....basically ghosted. I will be sending an email to them today to see what is going on. I will update.
hey. any news on automodz?, funny i am actually looking for a diffuser and lip from them, "mike" has got back to me through email. must say pretty detailed and reasonable pricing. even sent me a quick video of the difusser ( laying on a white table) but i am skeptical sounds like hes trying to force the sale.

reached out to their IG page automodz.ca "looks" legit but who knows.
whats throwing me off is i cant seem to find a contact number or adress and their contact tab on website seems sketchy.

sucks bc i too live in canada and not and other options without taking a chance at customs..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 04:13 PM   #16
Punkwrock
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko450 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
hey. any news on automodz?, funny i am actually looking for a diffuser and lip from them, "mike" has got back to me through email. must say pretty detailed and reasonable pricing. even sent me a quick video of the difusser ( laying on a white table) but i am skeptical sounds like hes trying to force the sale.

reached out to their IG page automodz.ca "looks" legit but who knows.
whats throwing me off is i cant seem to find a contact number or adress and their contact tab on website seems sketchy.

sucks bc i too live in canada and not and other options without taking a chance at customs..
Hey! They contacted me by email and gave me the tracking number. I'll update when I get the product 🤘
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 06:10 PM   #17
RossMaq978
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4

Carbon carz is trash! Worst fitment and quality carbon fiber kits. I bought the dry carbon kit for my g20 m340 and it was awful! Not only did it take a over a month to arrive. The rear diffuser had a fake brake light that is not functional! They photoshop the images on their instagram to look like the light is on lol they say they’re from the UK but my kit came straight from china! Pay attention to the way they copy other brands and put “style” this is a china based car part company! Basically bootleg parts lmao them china sellers are sneaky!!!
Appreciate 0