Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Thoughts on this Diffuser?

09-27-2021, 04:29 PM   #1
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Thoughts on this Diffuser?

I found this, which looks available for pre-order:
https://maxtondesignusa.net/collecti...-bmw-3-g20-g21

I have a non-m Alpine White 330i, and one of the main cosmetic differences that I feel is missing is a nice diffuser in the back. It seems most of the cosmetic focus is on the m-line 330i, so very excited about this.

Thoughts? I'm usually not the type to order something without reviews or lots of pics, but that would mean I'd have to wait until January for people to get it and review it, which is tough because I've been waiting
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:40 PM   #2
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
I like it! Fills out the back end nicely, especially if you get some nice exhaust tips.
      09-27-2021, 06:04 PM   #3
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

Attention with the brand maxton the deadlines are not respected, I have a contact he is waiting since 07/2021, other complain about their poor quality, but for the price I would say normal

On the other hand if you remove their horrible sticker, there will be a trace apparently
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1936.50
      09-27-2021, 06:06 PM   #4
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davg31 View Post
Attention with the brand maxton the deadlines are not respected, I have a contact he is waiting since 07/2021, other complain about their poor quality, but for the price I would say normal

On the other hand if you remove their horrible sticker, there will be a trace apparently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davg31 View Post

Thanks for the info!

Looks like it's made of ABS plastic. I'm going to look that up regarding quality. Do you know anything about it?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:25 PM   #5
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

example taken on their Facebook page, but there are plenty

"Very very fragile product, breaks very quickly, it's just a very rigid piece of plastic with no flexibility, I've already gone through 2 blades in 1 year, very disappointed with the quality considering the price, I don't recommend buying other products from them.
BMW e60 Mpacket"

"Do not buy from this company! I paid for my order 9 months ago and still have not received my parts. Maxton mislabeled my order, it has been stuck in customs for 9 months. They will not help even after several emails. Terrible service, terrible communication. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!"
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1936.50
      09-27-2021, 07:27 PM   #6
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

https://fr.trustpilot.com/review/maxtondesign.co.uk
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      11-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #7
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarboyXO View Post
I contacted Automodz.ca last night and they said they are very close to releasing a rear diffuser for the bmw g20 sportlines so I think that will be the best option!
If you remember, please update here if you see it released! I'll keep an eye out as well
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #8
StarboyXO
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 2020 M Sport

Rear Diffuser Purchased

Hello Everyone,

I contacted Maxton Designs USA. They got back to me and after reviewing my bumper they told me to order this rear diffuser as it will fit my vehicle.

I purchased the gloss black version, and it has been shipped out. When I receive it I will let the members of this forum know the installation process along with a review of the diffuser itself.

Feel free to contact me about any of you're questions.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 11:56 AM   #9
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I contacted Maxton Designs USA. They got back to me and after reviewing my bumper they told me to order this rear diffuser as it will fit my vehicle.

I purchased the gloss black version, and it has been shipped out. When I receive it I will let the members of this forum know the installation process along with a review of the diffuser itself.

Feel free to contact me about any of you're questions.
Awesome! Definitely let me know! I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks for getting back here
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2022, 04:34 PM   #10
StarboyXO
United_States
Rep

Diffuser Installed :)

Hello,

I received the diffuser in the mail relatively fast. (2 days) When I opened it, packaging was excellent, not to mention the excellent customer service. For installation I used adhesive and self tapping screws. I have attached photos of where I applied adhesive. The diffuser itself only came with self tapping screws. You are going to want to place the diffuser on top of the bumper (there is nothing that needs to be removed prior.)
Overall product is great and really transforms the vehicle.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 05:36 PM   #11
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

I received the diffuser in the mail relatively fast. (2 days) When I opened it, packaging was excellent, not to mention the excellent customer service. For installation I used adhesive and self tapping screws. I have attached photos of where I applied adhesive. The diffuser itself only came with self tapping screws. You are going to want to place the diffuser on top of the bumper (there is nothing that needs to be removed prior.)
Very cool! Hmm. I wonder if over time (months or years) the adhesive would wear and cause the diffuser to fall while driving or something?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 05:37 PM   #12
StarboyXO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitration View Post
Quote:
Hello,

Very cool! Hmm. I wonder if over time (months or years) the adhesive would wear and cause the diffuser to fall while driving or something?
Not trying to think about that right now 😂
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 05:40 PM   #13
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitration View Post
Quote:
Hello,

Not trying to think about that right now 😂
Haha true true. Looks sick though- I'll def consider
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2023, 04:08 PM   #14
Two3Series858
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i   [0.00]
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
StarboyXO sent you a PM abt it! Step 1 in my DIY kit install
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 06:35 PM   #15
Two3Series858
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i   [0.00]
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Went ahead and installed the Maxton rear valance/diffuser. Not too difficult... it appears design has changed slightly from Starboyxo's picture. The bottom section now has four extended portions that account for 4 existing bolts already underneath the car. They connect a "black, cloth-like, exhaust heat cover" is what it looks like. I drilled holes and used these same bolts to fasten. A little 3M along the top edge and Voila!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0