Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Bought a used m340i xdrive

11-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #23
denius
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLL RACER View Post
It is seeming more and more evident, that the 2019-21 m340's are plagued with all kinds of odd gremlins, from the several hundred posts over this time frame. I do not see anywhere near as many for the 330i of this time frame.
330s have other small issues, but not this wierd acceleration sound. I drove a loaner and another one a friend had
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #24
denius
Rep

If you are trying to hear through your phone, you will not hear it as clearly, Don't say " The sound is not there" Phone quality is different from PC and headphone quality..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 07:17 PM   #25
RLL RACER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWM8TurnerM6(2)M3's(1)Bavaria

When you look at the real stats of dealership reports of customer complaints on all kinds of odd stuff. The M340 tops the list. Just the facts! What i have heard myself on a m340 is accelerator peddle area clicking on heavy solid acceleration from 45 to 110 mph range. I was told this has been a verified issue, and was on a certain build time frames in 2020. Otherwise i have not experienced anything other than odd minor bugs, none of which are on any of the 330's thus far that i have drove for hundreds of miles.

Last edited by RLL RACER; 11-29-2021 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #26
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Are you a statistician? where is the data? this thread is is pure bullocks. All I see is one member insulting folks who are trying to help or share their experiences. Many of us actually owned these cars since they debuted in Spring of 2019. Imagine that, yet someone who buys one used alludes to knowing more about the true characteristics of these cars that we have allotted tens of thousands of miles on.
      11-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #27
denius
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Are you a statistician? where is the data? this thread is is pure bullocks. All I see is one member insulting folks who are trying to help or share their experiences. Many of us actually owned these cars since they debuted in Spring of 2019. Imagine that, yet someone who buys one used alludes to knowing more about the true characteristics of these cars that we have allotted tens of thousands of miles on.
I am simply just trying to fix this issue with my car that many of these models are experiencing, nothing else. I have been in a g20 m340 2021 which doesn't make the sound, Mine does. That's all I need to know to get me to try and resolve the issue I have with it .. Again a strictly bmw inde shop;s mechanic has one and let me ride on passenger in a 2021 model and did not make the same sound. Told me the sound in my car was coming from the HPFP/turbo area. I don't know why you are saying this "thread is bullocks" when I am just trying to resolve a reasonable issue.

I don't claim to know more than others, but what I do know is the noise is there, and ruins the fun of the car For Me. I do not know the stats of how many models are effected or what, but I know one model I have been in makes a noise(my car), and one doesn't.That means it is something that can theoretically be fixed. Most in here are saying they don't have this issue, even with 2020s, So I don't have any stats. Only trying to fix something that by going by what stats I do have, not everyone is experiencing and is ruining my enjoyment of the car.

Also yes I bought it used but it is certified used w full warranty and bought it with only 17k miles. This should be pretty much as close to new as a car gets I think. and New models are having this issue as well, it doesnt have to do with being used at all.

Thank you

Last edited by denius; 11-29-2021 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:39 PM   #28
denius
Rep

I don't want to insult anyone, I only want to fix this so I can fully enjoy the car, Nothing else . But when I am showing a proven way to hear the sound through a High quality video and someone says, " Imaginary sound" or tells me "I'm talking about the turn signal or clicking the climate control buttons", when you can clearly hear the Abnormal noise coming from the car when accelerating or cruising it's just mind boggling. I'm glad you haven't experienced this issue,I just want to be in the same shoes as you! Is that so much to ask? I don't really think so . It's the same car.

Last edited by denius; 11-29-2021 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:51 AM   #29
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

@OP I don't think you'll get much help here considering the direction this thread is going and the fact that none of the respondents to this post are seeing this issue. As I mentioned earlier there's another thread about this - if I remember correctly some people were hearing the same chirping sound at startup but then it disappears after the car warms up. I've come across similar posts on the X1 forum as well.

Best route here is to work with the dealership; if you have to you can escalate the matter with BMW NA. But, to reiterate, I'd start with your dealer's factory rep.

Good luck
Appreciate 1
denius5.00
      11-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #30
jpowers36
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Bose headphones on, definitely heard the noise. Interested to know what's causing it.

I have a 2020 (built in Germany) and I have not experienced this noise in the 6 months of owning it. And to add to that, I bought the car used with what I think is the highest mileage M340i out there lol. I've got about 85k on it right now (has unlimited mile 3rd party warranty on engine and drivetrain plus it has a maintenance package until 100k). Had the service history pulled and no major repairs or work had been performed on it.

Hopefully you can get this resolved, the noise would bug me too.
Appreciate 1
denius5.00
      11-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #31
denius
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpowers36 View Post
Bose headphones on, definitely heard the noise. Interested to know what's causing it.

I have a 2020 (built in Germany) and I have not experienced this noise in the 6 months of owning it. And to add to that, I bought the car used with what I think is the highest mileage M340i out there lol. I've got about 85k on it right now (has unlimited mile 3rd party warranty on engine and drivetrain plus it has a maintenance package until 100k). Had the service history pulled and no major repairs or work had been performed on it.

Hopefully you can get this resolved, the noise would bug me too.
Thanks for your kind words and it is reassuring that not all 2020 models are making this noise. I think mine was made in mexico, Don't know if that is related to my issue or not. But I will try my best to get to the bottom of it as the noise drives me crazy
Appreciate 1
jpowers36219.50
      11-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #32
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLL RACER View Post
When you look at the real stats of dealership reports of customer complaints on all kinds of odd stuff. The M340 tops the list. Just the facts! What i have heard myself on a m340 is accelerator peddle area clicking on heavy solid acceleration from 45 to 110 mph range. I was told this has been a verified issue, and was on a certain build time frames in 2020. Otherwise i have not experienced anything other than odd minor bugs, none of which are on any of the 330's thus far that i have drove for hundreds of miles.
Where can we read these stats?
Appreciate 0