Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Ali Baba Exhaust

04-15-2024, 11:55 AM   #23
CarGuy954
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

I wouldn't mind the MAD exhaust but I need the great sale price they had for the Holidays. I am not sure if they are making them in house or just shopping them out from China. It would make it easier if you had an issue that required a replacement part.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 11:58 AM   #24
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy954 View Post
I wouldn't mind the MAD exhaust but I need the great sale price they had for the Holidays. I am not sure if they are making them in house or just shopping them out from China. It would make it easier if you had an issue that required a replacement part.
I mean the pictures from Ali baba are damn near identical to the ones on mads website. Wouldn’t be hard to get a replacement part from the Ali baba seller either, they are significantly faster at responding to your messages since they’re not a massive US company with thousands of customers. Only con with Ali baba is the stuff isn’t off the shelf, they make it when they receive the order so it takes a long time.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 12:01 PM   #25
wsbfan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

How much louder is the Alibaba exhaust compared to stock?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 12:03 PM   #26
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsbfan View Post
How much louder is the Alibaba exhaust compared to stock?
Can’t speak for stock dp, but with catless and the exhaust it’s like 2-3 times louder than stock. Valves closed though it’s just barley louder than stock even with catless dp.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 09:34 PM   #27
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted6 View Post
Your gonna put half the vendors out of business by buying from their supplier . Good for you for experimenting and finding some quality stuff. Beats going through some of the places that buy multiple units and mark them up. Looks like a well made system. The no drone is def. A plus
I was just thinking isn’t this basically the MAD exhaust? Looks very similar.
      04-15-2024, 10:50 PM   #28
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
I’m pretty sure it is, guy who installed it said it reminded him of valvtronic/Mad exhaust.
Appreciate 1
Seba77W401.00
      04-16-2024, 10:56 AM   #29
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
Our design has been replicated by numerous suppliers, which is common in the industry being that they are all in close proximity of each other. However, the issue arises when you receive replicas of replicas. Everything seems fine until problems emerge, such as needing support or encountering damaged or missing shipments, leaving you with nowhere to turn and resulting in a total loss.

We provide lifetime warranties on our parts along with US-based support and rapid response times. Customers have the freedom to source their parts from us or elsewhere. However, it's important to note that this exhaust is not a rebranded version of ours; it's an attempted imitation.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2024, 01:37 PM   #30
JvsonNg
Rep
Drives: M340i

For the valve controller, have you tried hooking it up to your rear view remote/garage controller? I know Valvetronic has this option for their exahusts and was wondering if this exhaust setup would work as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 01:42 PM   #31
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvsonNg View Post
For the valve controller, have you tried hooking it up to your rear view remote/garage controller? I know Valvetronic has this option for their exahusts and was wondering if this exhaust setup would work as well.
Yeah, you can connect anything to the garage opener buttons. I have the open and close valve buttons as the two right most buttons on the rear view mirror.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 09:17 AM   #32
ptrnmck
Rep
Drives: M440i G22

Thanks for the tip!

I was originally only looking for a midpipe to delete opf (eu car with extra filter), alibaba catback costs actually about the same price as just that mid pipe in europe.. the seller was quite helpful, offered a choice of different exhaust tips etc. now hoping it will actually be delivered and it wont be a crap
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 10:42 AM   #33
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

I can vouch for MAD. While I don't have the MAD exhaust, I do have their downpipe. Fitment was perfect and their support was fast and very helpful.
I'm not even in the US, I'm in Australia and shipping was fast, easy and again their support was reassuring.

I have had bad experiences with sellers on Alibaba.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:04 AM   #34
ptrnmck
Rep
Drives: M440i G22

Btw how how did you connect those valves to power? Seems like they supply it with cigarette 12V socket, is there a way to get from the valves up to trunk? Afaik there is a 12v
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 03:55 PM   #35
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyam View Post
I can vouch for MAD. While I don't have the MAD exhaust, I do have their downpipe. Fitment was perfect and their support was fast and very helpful.
I'm not even in the US, I'm in Australia and shipping was fast, easy and again their support was reassuring.

I have had bad experiences with sellers on Alibaba.
Thank you for the kinds worlds.

As long as you guys enjoy your exhaust and you sound good Rock on
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 09:13 PM   #36
CarGuy954
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

So I am in negotiations with Jiangxi Boska Trading Co for their exhaust. The price is great but, I have some questions. They removed the tax but, there is dap incoterms. I am being told that none of his US customers have had to pay any additional taxes, duties or fees. I just want to clarify for those who have purchased through Alibaba that their exhaust it came to your door and no additional costs were incurred. Not familiar with DAP, DDP and CIF incoterms.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 09:27 PM   #37
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy954 View Post
So I am in negotiations with Jiangxi Boska Trading Co for their exhaust. The price is great but, I have some questions. They removed the tax but, there is dap incoterms. I am being told that none of his US customers have had to pay any additional taxes, duties or fees. I just want to clarify for those who have purchased through Alibaba that their exhaust it came to your door and no additional costs were incurred. Not familiar with DAP, DDP and CIF incoterms.
I paid like $12xx total, $750 for the exhaust and the rest taxes n shipping. Straight to my door.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 11:05 AM   #38
TheTurboFD
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i XDrive

Damn I wish i could hear this in person. I currently have the MAD exhaust but the drone at 1.5k-2k RPMs is driving me crazy. If this handles it better I may have sell the MAD and grab this instead. Has anyone went from the more known brands to this and are more satisfied drone wise? The ability to control the valves via remote seems worth it alone, unless there's a way I can do that with the MAD exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 01:32 PM   #39
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurboFD View Post
Damn I wish i could hear this in person. I currently have the MAD exhaust but the drone at 1.5k-2k RPMs is driving me crazy. If this handles it better I may have sell the MAD and grab this instead. Has anyone went from the more known brands to this and are more satisfied drone wise? The ability to control the valves via remote seems worth it alone, unless there's a way I can do that with the MAD exhaust?
The only drone I’ve heard from this exhaust so far is valves open highway driving at like 1-2k in 8th gear. But valves closed it doesn’t drone at all. Even when they’re open and your driving normally it won’t drone, just for some reason does in the highway.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 10:55 PM   #40
slm266
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340 xdrive

Quote:
Catless dp?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 11:25 PM   #41
TheTurboFD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm266 View Post
Catless dp?
Nope I’m on stock dp
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 10:04 AM   #42
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What mods do you have? We don't have any real complaints of drone. Also this ali exhaust is very similar design wise a ours and doesn't have any additional resonators or mufflers so they should sound relatively the same.

I also don't see how a valve controller will help. The valves open and close full with the sport button on this model. You can find that hardwire valve controller on ali as well many companies use it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 10:21 AM   #43
TheTurboFD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
What mods do you have? We don't have any real complaints of drone. Also this ali exhaust is very similar design wise a ours and doesn't have any additional resonators or mufflers so they should sound relatively the same.

I also don't see how a valve controller will help. The valves open and close full with the sport button on this model. You can find that hardwire valve controller on ali as well many companies use it.
Zero mods at the moment. It's just like others have mentioned, when at 1.5k-2k rpm in comfort mode it seems to have drone when cruising on the high way. I get around the drone usually in sport mode and manually shifting to get the higher RPM. I don't notice it much at all if I throw it in ECO mode because the valve seems to close almost completely giving me nice and quiet if I could get that in comfort mode I'd be happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 11:36 AM   #44
Hydrid
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i | 2019 330i

Garage List
2020 BMW m340i  [0.00]
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I am in the process of installing the MAD 5” Catless DP and Ali exhaust on my 2020 m340i right now, I should be down later today or early tomorrow after that i’ll be able to take some sound clips and provide a bit more insight on the presence of any drone if any as well as a detailed review to help you guys make a decision.

The Ali Exhuast was a gift from a friend who recently got a g8x and the MAD Fatboy DP was purchased directly form Info@mad-us.com I can vouche for their build quality, I have nothing to say buy good things for their products, highly recommend!
Appreciate 0