Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Back into a Bimmer

11-04-2022, 09:26 PM   #1
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Back into a Bimmer

After an almost 1 year hiatus from the brand, I just ordered myself an M340i. I've missed having a BMW in the garage and after testing a few other brands, decided I'm definitely a BMW man.

Spec ordered: Skyscraper Grey, black interior, M Tech Pack, and M Sport Pro Pack. Requested they make sure it's a 23' build so should have sometime around Apr/May apparently. I won't hold my breath with the current supply chain issues still going on.

Don't do much driving these days so this will be my run about/weekend fun on the twisties car. Managed to convince the wife to sell her 4WD and we use my Jag F-Pace SVR as the new family car. That way I'll have the pic of 2 awesome machines
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2022, 09:46 PM   #2
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueAI View Post
After an almost 1 year hiatus from the brand, I just ordered myself an M340i. I've missed having a BMW in the garage and after testing a few other brands, decided I'm definitely a BMW man.

Spec ordered: Skyscraper Grey, black interior, M Tech Pack, and M Sport Pro Pack. Requested they make sure it's a 23' build so should have sometime around Apr/May apparently. I won't hold my breath with the current supply chain issues still going on.

Don't do much driving these days so this will be my run about/weekend fun on the twisties car. Managed to convince the wife to sell her 4WD and we use my Jag F-Pace SVR as the new family car. That way I'll have the pic of 2 awesome machines
Congrats and welcome back!
Appreciate 1
RogueAI104.00
      11-06-2022, 10:31 PM   #3
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:

Lucky man…two great machines.
You’ll love being back in the Beemer. It’s great fun to drive, and is such a chameleon that you can drive like a Grandpa or a Grand Prix driver, depending on your mood at the time!
      01-08-2023, 06:17 PM   #4
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:

Congrats, I also ordered a 2023 build M340i LCI update back in mid November, and specified a 2023 build date.

You and I were lucky. Speaking with the dealer, there was a price increase for anyone ordering a car after 01 Dec.

I am currently waiting to hear back from the dealer as my car was scheduled to be built in early Jan 2023, with an expected delivery date of early April 2023.

PS. I installed the BMW app on my phone, but am waiting for a VIN to track.

What options did you order on your M340i? I got the executive and technology packs, including carbon fibre trim.

Let the waiting game begin.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 09:25 PM   #5
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2003 View Post
Congrats, I also ordered a 2023 build M340i LCI update back in mid November, and specified a 2023 build date.

You and I were lucky. Speaking with the dealer, there was a price increase for anyone ordering a car after 01 Dec.

I am currently waiting to hear back from the dealer as my car was scheduled to be built in early Jan 2023, with an expected delivery date of early April 2023.

PS. I installed the BMW app on my phone, but am waiting for a VIN to track.

What options did you order on your M340i? I got the executive and technology packs, including carbon fibre trim.

Let the waiting game begin.
Well, things have actually changed and I've now cancelled my M340i order.

We decided the Jag wasn't going to cut it as the primary family car as it's a bit smaller than we need with kids and dogs. On top of that, I was always a bit wary of build quality so we decided to move it on. We also both mostly work from home now and decided we didn't need a car each. I have access to another vehicle if we do need 2 cars for something anyway, so we decided to consolidate into one car and free up some money for holidays and renos. Planning a trip to the states later this year which will cost an arm and a leg.

Anyway, we have ordered an X5 but will be waiting on the LCI to release in a few months. As that means around 7-8 months, I picked up a used 2021 M550i on the weekend to see me through till then. I previously had a 2020 M550i and really enjoyed it so it's a nice car to use as a gap filler.

With the X5 I am not going to focus on performance this time. Will either get the 40i or 50e. Still has plenty of poke for an SUV but I want space and luxury so we are going to option up all the stuff like nappa leather, massage seats, etc...

Good luck with the wait on your M340i. Hope it turns up soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 09:42 PM   #6
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:
Well, things have actually changed and I've now cancelled my M340i order.

We decided the Jag wasn't going to cut it as the primary family car as it's a bit smaller than we need with kids and dogs. On top of that, I was always a bit wary of build quality so we decided to move it on. We also both mostly work from home now and decided we didn't need a car each. I have access to another vehicle if we do need 2 cars for something anyway, so we decided to consolidate into one car and free up some money for holidays and renos. Planning a trip to the states later this year which will cost an arm and a leg.

Anyway, we have ordered an X5 but will be waiting on the LCI to release in a few months. As that means around 7-8 months, I picked up a used 2021 M550i on the weekend to see me through till then. I previously had a 2020 M550i and really enjoyed it so it's a nice car to use as a gap filler.

With the X5 I am not going to focus on performance this time. Will either get the 40i or 50e. Still has plenty of poke for an SUV but I want space and luxury so we are going to option up all the stuff like nappa leather, massage seats, etc...

Good luck with the wait on your M340i. Hope it turns up soon.
Understand where you are coming from. Sometimes a sedan is not the right car, especially if you have kids and pets the cart around. Pets may struggle in the boot of an M340i.

Enjoy the M550i in the meantime, until you decide on an X5.
Appreciate 0