Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA BMW AU Has Increased New Car Warranty to 5 Years

03-11-2023, 09:18 AM   #1
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

BMW AU Has Increased New Car Warranty to 5 Years

ICYMI, BMW Australia has increased new car warranty to 5 years, effective from 1 November 2022.

Download the Warranty Brochure from https://www.bmw.com/en_AU/offers-and.../warranty.html

The following is a summary from page 7 of the Nov 2022 brochure:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 04:42 PM   #2
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
ICYMI, BMW Australia has increased new car warranty to 5 years, effective from 1 November 2022.

Download the Warranty Brochure from https://www.bmw.com/en_AU/offers-and.../warranty.html

The following is a summary from page 7 of the Nov 2022 brochure:
Thanks for posting. I think all those that have already ordered a car after 01-Nov would of been pushed the new 5yr warranty bonus.

But some existing forum members may not be aware of the extra 2 yrs so good for those that have been living under a rock.

Appreciate the link to the brochure, as my take aways from reading the warranty brochure are:

1. Rattles and squeaks are only covered for first year, so get these addressed asap and don't wait for first service to report. If recurring rattles occur after the the first year in the same area, you should still be covered under Australian Consumer Law, just make sure you keep records of service reports of previous rectification works carried out.

2. Any parts replaced are only covered by 2yrs warranty which is standard but I am not sure if 2yrs applies during the first 5 yrs, or if you are still covered by the default 5yr warranty?

eg. If a part fails in first month of ownership and needs to be replaced for a new part, would that mean you can't claim for that same part under the 5yr warranty if that part fails again during say year 4 etc
Appreciate 1
bcoz80.50
      03-11-2023, 08:35 PM   #3
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2003 View Post
2. Any parts replaced are only covered by 2yrs warranty which is standard but I am not sure if 2yrs applies during the first 5 yrs, or if you are still covered by the default 5yr warranty?
I'd assume that all parts are by default covered by the 5 year new car warranty. So the 2 year parts replacement warranty should cover parts:
- installed outside of warranty in most cases, or
- installed during warranty if the problem was determined to be "caused by poor servicing performed by an outlet not authorised by BMW".

On page 4, it goes on to state "All repairs and/or replacements performed under this BMW (New Vehicle) Supplementary Warranty must be carried out by or through an authorised BMW dealer for that repair or replacement to be covered under this BMW (New Vehicle) Supplementary Warranty."

Although rights under Australian Consumer Law still apply, I think it would be easier to have a new car serviced by an authorised BMW dealer for at least the first 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 09:24 PM   #4
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
I'd assume that all parts are by default covered by the 5 year new car warranty. So the 2 year parts replacement warranty should cover parts:
- installed outside of warranty in most cases, or
- installed during warranty if the problem was determined to be "caused by poor servicing performed by an outlet not authorised by BMW".

On page 4, it goes on to state "All repairs and/or replacements performed under this BMW (New Vehicle) Supplementary Warranty must be carried out by or through an authorised BMW dealer for that repair or replacement to be covered under this BMW (New Vehicle) Supplementary Warranty."

Although rights under Australian Consumer Law still apply, I think it would be easier to have a new car serviced by an authorised BMW dealer for at least the first 5 years.
Definitely will be servicing at a BMW Dealership during the first five years, especially if you want less hassles when claiming for any issues during the first five years and also qualifies you for any goodwill built up if an issue occurred after 5yr expiry.

ACL would kick in if there were recurring issues with a previously reported and/or repaired part.
Appreciate 0