Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Ali Baba Exhaust

04-29-2024, 11:51 AM   #45
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrid View Post
I am in the process of installing the MAD 5” Catless DP and Ali exhaust on my 2020 m340i right now, I should be down later today or early tomorrow after that i’ll be able to take some sound clips and provide a bit more insight on the presence of any drone if any as well as a detailed review to help you guys make a decision.

The Ali Exhuast was a gift from a friend who recently got a g8x and the MAD Fatboy DP was purchased directly form Info@mad-us.com I can vouche for their build quality, I have nothing to say buy good things for their products, highly recommend!
Thanks! That is a great combo. No doubt it's going to sound amazing!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 11:48 AM   #46
Hydrid
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i | 2019 330i

Garage List
2020 BMW m340i  [0.00]
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Thanks! That is a great combo. No doubt it's going to sound amazing!
So far the fitment with the Ali Exhaust and 5” MAD downpipe are perfect for the most part, haven’t discovered any rubbing, clearance or fitment issues shown during installation. I am going to be getting a mishimoto charge pipe put in and then get some sound clips.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-30-2024, 02:28 PM   #47
CarGuy954
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Looks great, cant wait to hear the sound clips.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 08:28 PM   #48
braaaap
Rep
Drives: 1985 Bicycle

Quote:
So far the fitment with the Ali Exhaust and 5” MAD downpipe are perfect for the most part, haven’t discovered any rubbing, clearance or fitment issues shown during installation. I am going to be getting a mishimoto charge pipe put in and then get some sound clips.
Which exact alibaba exhuast did you get? Tons of them from the same manufacturer and I have no idea what the difference between them is. What diameter piping did you get? Also, how did you wire the valves? And have you noticed any rattling/clearance issues with the chassis brace in the middle?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 09:47 PM   #49
Hydrid
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW m340i  [0.00]
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by braaaap View Post
Which exact alibaba exhuast did you get? Tons of them from the same manufacturer and I have no idea what the difference between them is. What diameter piping did you get? Also, how did you wire the valves? And have you noticed any rattling/clearance issues with the chassis brace in the middle?
Which Ali Exhaust?

Company: Jiangxi Boska Trading Co., Ltd.

Link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...31bb2fc2Idu5EB

Diameter Piping: Attached Below

Wiring: I let my friend handle the wiring but from a distance, it just looks like he routed everything into the trunk (electronic valve controller)

Rattling/Clearance Issue: None at all to my surprise, the amount of clearance from the piping and my stock mid brace is about 0.75'', there is no vibrations or rattling driving with valves opened or closed in sport or comfort mode at all. This may sound a bit repetitive but even with the freeflow downpipe the car sounds strikingly similar to stock, especially with the windows up

Downpipe: MAD BMW B58 Fat Boy 5" Catless Downpipe

Link: https://mad-us.com/mad-2052-mad-bmw-...40-m440-supra/

Review: I've driven the car for about 5-6 hours so far following the installation, similar to what I said before I don't have a single complaint, the downpipe doesn't "rattle" like my old CTS one on my 330i and it gives me those irresistible turbo noises, I was going to record a ton of POV content of the exhaust but my GoPro wasn't charged so look out for more content posted by me in the next few days!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-08-2024, 08:01 PM   #50
braaaap
Rep

Hybrid Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 08:37 AM   #51
Goldyeti
Private
Rep
Drives: Mineral white M340i

Quote:
Which Ali Exhaust?

Company: Jiangxi Boska Trading Co., Ltd.

Link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...31bb2fc2Idu5EB

Diameter Piping: Attached Below

Wiring: I let my friend handle the wiring but from a distance, it just looks like he routed everything into the trunk (electronic valve controller)

Rattling/Clearance Issue: None at all to my surprise, the amount of clearance from the piping and my stock mid brace is about 0.75'', there is no vibrations or rattling driving with valves opened or closed in sport or comfort mode at all. This may sound a bit repetitive but even with the freeflow downpipe the car sounds strikingly similar to stock, especially with the windows up

Downpipe: MAD BMW B58 Fat Boy 5" Catless Downpipe

Link: https://mad-us.com/mad-2052-mad-bmw-...40-m440-supra/

Review: I've driven the car for about 5-6 hours so far following the installation, similar to what I said before I don't have a single complaint, the downpipe doesn't "rattle" like my old CTS one on my 330i and it gives me those irresistible turbo noises, I was going to record a ton of POV content of the exhaust but my GoPro wasn't charged so look out for more content [...]
Hey man thanks for this write up! In the pic, I see a small pipe to the left that’s not apart of the rest of the exhaust in the diagram, do you know if that also got installed, and if so, where
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 05:43 PM   #52
Hongning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

You have to order 2 sets from Alibaba? That is a pain, as I'd have to find someone that'll want one as well to split the cost?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 05:44 PM   #53
Jnasratyar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i

Garage List
2023 BMW M340i  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongning View Post
You have to order 2 sets from Alibaba? That is a pain, as I'd have to find someone that'll want one as well to split the cost?
No, it just says that for some reason. It you can order one.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 03:33 PM   #54
Hydrid
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW m340i  [0.00]
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by braaaap View Post
Hybrid Any updates?
So far the ownership experience with the exhaust doesnt have any downsides, I posted a video of a *warm* start and a slow drive away on my instagram @dejaun.m340i if you would like to take a peak, it’s been raining the last week and will continue for the next 3 days so i haven’t been able to go out with my camera setup to get some good clips will do in the upcoming week though
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 07:06 PM   #55
braaaap
Rep

Quote:
So far the ownership experience with the exhaust doesnt have any downsides, I posted a video of a *warm* start and a slow drive away on my instagram @dejaun.m340i if you would like to take a peak, it’s been raining the last week and will continue for the next 3 days so i haven’t been able to go out with my camera setup to get some good clips will do in the upcoming week though
Car sounds amazing, keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:30 AM   #56
Whysitcold
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnasratyar View Post
Yeah, you can connect anything to the garage opener buttons. I have the open and close valve buttons as the two right most buttons on the rear view mirror.
Got my Alibaba installed a couple weeks ago and I’m still confused on the controller. Obvisounly one is open and one is close but then there’s a middle button? I hear the valve open then immediately close when I press this middle one. You have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:50 AM   #57
Hydrid
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW m340i  [0.00]
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whysitcold View Post
Got my Alibaba installed a couple weeks ago and I’m still confused on the controller. Obvisounly one is open and one is close but then there’s a middle button? I hear the valve open then immediately close when I press this middle one. You have any ideas?
There is no middle button when you press on the “middle” you’re pressing both at the same time, hence why both of the activate.
Appreciate 0