Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Post a Picture of the Last Items You Bought (NO WEAPONS - Moderators)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #8075
JasonDot
Private
JasonDot's Avatar
89
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2015 i3 and 2020 330i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

...just adding to the list of DJI stuff. This is the OM4 for fancy phone stuff.
Name:  DSC04627.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  631.8 KB
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8772.00

      10-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #8076
jmg
Lieutenant General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
9399
Rep
10,378
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Dropped almost $8K today on a new mattress and adjustable base setup. I sure hope it works out as well as I’m expecting. Throwing away 4-year old $2K mattress and box spring that I’ve hated for a while now and finally screwed up my back, neck and shoulders enough to do something about it.
$8k?! Good mattresses were $1-2k for a Cal King when we were shopping for my son's new bed. Our bed is 10 years old, long overdue, but $8k is insane. What does it do?
__________________

2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates | PFC-08
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #8077
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5389
Rep
4,163
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
$8k?! Good mattresses were $1-2k for a Cal King when we were shopping for my son's new bed. Our bed is 10 years old, long overdue, but $8k is insane. What does it do?
Mattress is about 1/2 and the (optional) adjustable base is the other 1/2, so just under $4K for the mattress. Mattress has no coils, layers of latex + foam instead. Supposed to provide both pressure relief and firm support. The regular coil mattresses (mostly Stearns & Foster) we looked at were all $2K+ so this was almost 2x the price, but expect this to be more comfortable and last longer. We have 90 day trial and can exchange for $100 fee / no re-stocking if we aren’t happy with it. I’m ok paying it if we can get better sleep, less aches and pains and eliminate my periodic reflux.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #8078
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
1452
Rep
4,326
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Finally pulled the trigger on the iPhone 12 256Gb in blue.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2016 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 Premium Plus 4x4 • K&N CAI • Toyo G2 LT305/55R20
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 10:26 AM   #8079
jamesinaz
Second Lieutenant
554
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on the iPhone 12 256Gb in blue.
Nice. Do you have 5G where you live? I don't so staying with the 11 for now.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #8080
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
Dog Face Pony Soldier's Avatar
United_States
9467
Rep
6,328
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on the iPhone 12 256Gb in blue.
I retreated from my original plan to go with the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I'm just afraid of carrying around such a large device. So I ordered a 12 Pro in blue along with a blue silicone case from Apple.

It is interesting how Apple is making less of a difference between the standard iPhone and the pro. Now they have the same processor, same screen, so I do you respect the concept of picking the standard iPhone.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #8081
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
1452
Rep
4,326
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Nice. Do you have 5G where you live? I don't so staying with the 11 for now.
Yeah we are very well covered by 5G and even have several ultra wide band 5G spots here. That was the main decider for me, along with Verizon just giving me $200 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I retreated from my original plan to go with the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I'm just afraid of carrying around such a large device. So I ordered a 12 Pro in blue along with a blue silicone case from Apple.

It is interesting how Apple is making less of a difference between the standard iPhone and the pro. Now they have the same processor, same screen, so I do you respect the concept of picking the standard iPhone.
Yeah, we have nicer cameras for when we really need good pictures. Most of the time the iPhone X camera was good enough for me and this is a step up from that even so, really couldn't justify the extra $250 or whatever it was for the Pro. I was also just able to walk into my local store and buy this as it was in stock.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2016 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 Premium Plus 4x4 • K&N CAI • Toyo G2 LT305/55R20
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #8082
TXSTYLE
My Actions > Your Words
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
6719
Rep
3,357
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Mattress is about 1/2 and the (optional) adjustable base is the other 1/2, so just under $4K for the mattress. Mattress has no coils, layers of latex + foam instead. Supposed to provide both pressure relief and firm support. The regular coil mattresses (mostly Stearns & Foster) we looked at were all $2K+ so this was almost 2x the price, but expect this to be more comfortable and last longer. We have 90 day trial and can exchange for $100 fee / no re-stocking if we aren’t happy with it. I’m ok paying it if we can get better sleep, less aches and pains and eliminate my periodic reflux.
I am VERY interested in this exact setup! We currently have a high dollar traditional memory foam over box springs mattres. Both my wife and I are having either hip (her) and lower back (me) pains lately. I am not convinced that an entire memory foam mattress setup is the solution though...?
Do keep me posted buddy! PM me.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST