Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics And the problems Starts - No Audio

09-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

And the problems Starts - No Audio

For the last couple off day, the audio system has stop working. I get no sound at all. I tried to reset everything but no luck. I'm getting a message saying No Source Available. This happens with Radio, Bluetooth, XM, etc. Has anyone else experience this problem. 2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
Scott18
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Hi - this exact thing is happening to me as well. i upgraded my phone to iOS 13 yesterday and now even if my phone is in airplane mode, i get no source at all. Is yours working yet, any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott18 View Post
Hi - this exact thing is happening to me as well. i upgraded my phone to iOS 13 yesterday and now even if my phone is in airplane mode, i get no source at all. Is yours working yet, any ideas?
You're right. It started happening after my IOS 13 update. I'm bringing the car to the dealer tomorrow. Will post there finding.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Not sure why it would happen in your car if you updated your phone... The two problems don't really connect.

Just to test it though, dry to remove your phone as a device from the car settings and see if it fixes it. If it does then you know the problem. Troubleshoot always before going to a dealer, sometimes even they don't have answers since the system is so new.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
Scott18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Not sure why it would happen in your car if you updated your phone... The two problems don't really connect.

Just to test it though, dry to remove your phone as a device from the car settings and see if it fixes it. If it does then you know the problem. Troubleshoot always before going to a dealer, sometimes even they don't have answers since the system is so new.
Thanks for getting back to me. What did the dealer say? Yes I know two separate problems. I tried the car without my phone same problem. I ended up resetting I drive this morning and now it seems to work. New car play is awesome by the way.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #6
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me. What did the dealer say? Yes I know two separate problems. I tried the car without my phone same problem. I ended up resetting I drive this morning and now it seems to work. New car play is awesome by the way.
I don't have that problem. I was just suggesting the idea because I've been to the dealer for other issues which they never really had an answer for.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #7
Scott18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have that problem. I was just suggesting the idea because I've been to the dealer for other issues which they never really had an answer for.
Ahh. Ya you and I know much more than the "geniuses" at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #8
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport

Best is to disconnect/remove your phone via the iDrive menu and connect it again. This usually helps. Also upgraded my iPhone 8 to IOS13, no issues noticed, but great Apple Carplay updates like a splitscreen and pictures.
Appreciate 1
Scott1815.00
      09-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #9
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Funny thing, on my way to the dealership the radio just start working again. They was not able to replicate the problem and updated the firmware to the latest version. After picking up the car on my way home it cut out 3 times and came back. I've remove my phone from the system and even then I still had no audio.
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2019, 01:50 AM   #10
Voodoo_G80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G

Hey. Same problem happened to me today. Took me an hour just pressing buttons trying to get audio again. Next to the volume button there’s a button called “Band”. Press it and it should work.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 08:20 AM   #11
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
All sources cut out for about a minute or so . Happened once in 5k miles. I do not have apple car play
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #12
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

This happened today for the first time, I noticed that the nav lost its route at the same time, my phone then reconnected and it resumed the podcast I was listening to on its own(CarPlay).The nav however did not resume.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 08:40 PM   #13
tsdd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3301

No Source Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
For the last couple off day, the audio system has stop working. I get no sound at all. I tried to reset everything but no luck. I'm getting a message saying No Source Available. This happens with Radio, Bluetooth, XM, etc. :mad0260: Has anyone else experience this problem. 2020 M340
Not sure if there was any resolution to the above issue. I have same issue on my 330i (G20) for last couple of days. There is no sound from radio, bluetooth or any other source. All Radio stations have disappeared & getting message 'No source Available. Any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 08:44 PM   #14
CyclingBroStyle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 330i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Had the no sound thing happen to me turned out I blew a fuse
BMW CCA #522637 use me as a referral for BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #15
yaholez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

I've been having this problem too!!

I'll be driving along and suddenly it says "no source available" and I lose sound. If I go back to the radio it shows the icon next to the station moving as though it is playing sound but if I try to adjust the volume it says "no source available".

It's very intermittent and only happens maybe once every 4 or 5 days. Started a few weeks ago. I'm trying to narrow down a trigger but because it's so intermittent it is difficult. One time was after a phone call and another was after listening to a voicemail so it may be phone related.

I'm on 11/2019 with an iPhone running iOS 13.4.

Will follow closely as it is very annoying!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #16
tsdd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3301

looks like its fuse or corrupt software. There is no option to upgrade / reinstall the software myself hence will have to take it to the dealer.

With Caronavirus lockdowns, there is no bookings available with the dealer till end of the month. Hopefully it gets fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 03:56 AM   #17
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
For the last couple off day, the audio system has stop working. I get no sound at all. I tried to reset everything but no luck. I'm getting a message saying No Source Available. This happens with Radio, Bluetooth, XM, etc. Has anyone else experience this problem. 2020 M340
Not sure if there was any resolution to the above issue. I have same issue on my 330i (G20) for last couple of days. There is no sound from radio, bluetooth or any other source. All Radio stations have disappeared & getting message 'No source Available. Any suggestions.
It just started working by itself on my way into servicing, don't know what happened. It did it a couple of times when I picked the car up. The music would go off for about 2 minutes then come back by itself. It has not done it for a long time now so I don't know what the problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 04:13 AM   #18
BMW435
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 435

Similar issue for me, only the radio is working, it recognizes the usb, but no sound ! Anyone with this issue ?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 02:45 AM   #19
Hugodv
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G20 320d Msport

I had this "No sources available" happening to me this week when switching audio using Zoom on carplay. I was able to get iDrive to work again after pressing and holding down the volume dial / powerbuton on the dash for ~20 seconds until iDrive started rebooting. After that I had audio again!
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2020, 07:49 AM   #20
BMW435
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugodv View Post
I had this "No sources available" happening to me this week when switching audio using Zoom on carplay. I was able to get iDrive to work again after pressing and holding down the volume dial / powerbuton on the dash for ~20 seconds until iDrive started rebooting. After that I had audio again!
It worked !!! Thank You !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #21
AFsheen
Mr. Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 2020

I'm also having this same problem, it's been absolute silence for the past three days in the car, very annoying.

*** Has anyone else have their Spotify account linked to iDrive? I remember with the iDrive OTA update they added this feature maybe a month ago.

Before this I sometimes had issues with the audio cutting off when on CarPlay, then my phone would completely disconnect, reconnect after a minute and start playing as if nothing happened. Navigation on CarPlay needs to be initiated again though.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #22
cywing1119
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFsheen View Post
I'm also having this same problem, it's been absolute silence for the past three days in the car, very annoying.

*** Has anyone else have their Spotify account linked to iDrive? I remember with the iDrive OTA update they added this feature maybe a month ago.

Before this I sometimes had issues with the audio cutting off when on CarPlay, then my phone would completely disconnect, reconnect after a minute and start playing as if nothing happened. Navigation on CarPlay needs to be initiated again though.
try to reboot the idrive and delete iphone on the car and reconnect everything again, that's how i solve it, mine are 03/2020 version Don't connect Spotify account to iDrive, now everytime i tried to play music from carplay, i have to manually select "listen on the phone" instead of the auto-playing and i can't logout from iDrive either
Appreciate 0