Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Bluetooth/Connectivity Issues 2022 330i

03-06-2024, 06:50 PM   #1
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' 330i xdrive M Sport Shadow

Bluetooth/Connectivity Issues 2022 330i

I've been having connection issues with my iDrive, and it's gotten to the point where I have to reset the system multiple times a day. The music skips when connected to my mobile device (Galaxy S24 Ultra) via Bluetooth/Spotify. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max as well that I'm going to test for a week to see if that phone has the same problem, but from what I've read, this seems to be a fairly well-known issue. Can BMW fix it, and if so, is it covered under the warranty? My car has fewer than 30k miles. Has anyone had BMW fix this issue?
I've also had to restart once when the car wouldn't even connect to or find my phone at all, even though it's showing in the listed mobile devices. So strange.

Last edited by Halfb8d; 03-06-2024 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: More context
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 08:40 PM   #2
SubmarineSonar
Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfb8d View Post
I've been having connection issues with my iDrive, and it's gotten to the point where I have to reset the system multiple times a day. The music skips when connected to my mobile device (Galaxy S24 Ultra) via Bluetooth/Spotify. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max as well that I'm going to test for a week to see if that phone has the same problem, but from what I've read, this seems to be a fairly well-known issue. Can BMW fix it, and if so, is it covered under the warranty? My car has fewer than 30k miles. Has anyone had BMW fix this issue?
I've also had to restart once when the car wouldn't even connect to or find my phone at all, even though it's showing in the listed mobile devices. So strange.
Did you do any coding recently?

“You Can’t Fix Stupid” — W.S.H.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 04:32 PM   #3
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I did. I coded out the start/stop function, the safety message on the iDrive, and the M logo welcome screen. I have since reverted to the old settings, but the M logo is still there when I turn off the car. It only appears when I turn off the car. I can't remember if it had always been like that or not as I just recently got the car. What should I do? Did I mess something up?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 06:20 PM   #4
SubmarineSonar
Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Quote:
I did. I coded out the start/stop function, the safety message on the iDrive, and the M logo welcome screen. I have since reverted to the old settings, but the M logo is still there when I turn off the car. It only appears when I turn off the car. I can't remember if it had always been like that or not as I just recently got the car. What should I do? Did I mess something up?
I had a similar problem with my car after I did some coding. I reverted back to stock settings and everything went back to normal. After that I just left everything alone and haven’t had a problem since. As far as the M logo I don’t think the 330i has that screen stock and was most likely coded in. Just make sure all changes revert back to stock. Everything should have been backed up so hopefully you can restore it. Good luck.

“You Can’t Fix Stupid” — W.S.H.
Appreciate 1
Halfb8d86.50
      03-08-2024, 06:36 PM   #5
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubmarineSonar View Post
I had a similar problem with my car after I did some coding. I reverted back to stock settings and everything went back to normal. After that I just left everything alone and haven’t had a problem since. As far as the M logo I don’t think the 330i has that screen stock and was most likely coded in. Just make sure all changes revert back to stock. Everything should have been backed up so hopefully you can restore it. Good luck.
Thank you man. I will try and make sure everything is back to stock tonight.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:23 PM   #6
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Also, you were right. The M logo was never there. I found my original backup and changed everything back to completely stock. Welcome logo is back to BMW when you shut the car down.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2024, 03:41 AM   #7
sfgator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

I’m having a similar issue. No coding here at all.
'13 335i conv (retired)
'08 528i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 01:45 PM   #8
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgator View Post
I’m having a similar issue. No coding here at all.
Do you use android auto? I feel like the phone disconnecting at times could be an android auto thing to. I did experience a disconnection today but I was connected to AA. I'm going to test with my iphone and apple car play for a while and see if I have similar issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 06:00 PM   #9
sfgator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Quote:
Do you use android auto? I feel like the phone disconnecting at times could be an android auto thing to. I did experience a disconnection today but I was connected to AA. I'm going to test with my iphone and apple car play for a while and see if I have similar issues.
iPhone
'13 335i conv (retired)
'08 528i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 06:28 PM   #10
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I wonder if anyone has had this issue and successfully got it taken care of at the dealership. Can they do a software flash or anything like that?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 09:56 AM   #11
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quick update: after I soft-reset the head unit for the first time after experiencing slight issues, having completely reverted to stock, I haven't had a single disconnection or glitch in my last three hours of driving. Perhaps it did help. We'll see.
Appreciate 0